Proof of G-d or wildly coincidental?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Something I've often wondered at is how the healthiest things for us to eat are all naturally-occuring like fruits, vegetables, nuts, etc. That's either remarkable coincidence or proof of something like G-d or intelligent design or something.

Discuss.

If gods were aliens, and our 'creation story' was aliens deposited life here on Earth long ago, then isn't it sensible they'd have deposited food-bearing plants and animals for us as well? Maybe the 'creationists' and ID'ers are right, but not entirely, and G-d isn't like religion thinks of it, but rather like how science thinks of aliens?

Who created the aliens?
I know...the aliens created before the current aliens who were created...

Something I've often wondered at is how the healthiest things for us to eat are all naturally-occuring like fruits, vegetables, nuts, etc. That's either remarkable coincidence or proof of something like G-d or intelligent design or something.

Discuss.

you said you know the Old Testament well.

weren't we supposed to eat fruit and vegetables only in Eden?

Death did not exist therefore humans could not have been eating living animals, or fish.

Discuss.

Death did not exist therefore humans could not have been eating living animals, or fish.

It's actually a before and after the Flood, not the Garden.

"Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs. But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood. " (Genesis 9:3-4)

Since this wasn't mentioned so explicitly until after the Flood we infer it ddin't come into effect until then, and was thus forbidden until then.

Many things in Scripture that aren't explicitly stated are often infered to be in effect consequently. Lesbianism most notably isn't mentioned (or anything akin to it) yet homosexuality is infered to be sinful since male homosexual acts ARE mentioned. Yet many countries to this day that have serious punishments for male homosexuality often allow female homosexuality.

Discuss.

Given the fact ‘god’ is a creation of man, this wouldn’t be ‘proof.’

Discuss.

Given the fact ‘god’ is a creation of man, this wouldn’t be ‘proof.’

While I agree the religious definition for gods is a creation of our's, I don't believe every religion Man has invented came out someone's butt. Presumedly people experienced something that had them think "this isn't anything we can do, so it must be a god." Sounds like aliens to me. So while "God" might not be as religion describes it, it doesn't follow then that religions' are complete lies. Just that they mislabled something they did in fact encounter.

So doesn't that they encountered aliens 'fill in the holes' of Genesis? In our planned exploration of distant worlds, terraforming is often mentioned. If we make a planet habitable for life arent' we then going to deposit life on it in the process? And wouldn't aliens do that as well? And if these hypothetical aliens hung around, ight they not be mistaken for gods?

All speculation and conjecture I grant you, but either all religions ever invented came from nothing, or, like everything else in the universe they came from something. Some first incident that made people mistake what they experienced with a rational explanation, for something divine or supernatural.

Discuss.

Additionally, death did exist. Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden so they wouldn't also eat from the Tree of Life and become immortal.

22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” 23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken.
- Genesis 3

So again, it's infered Man was mortal. Though as noted later, lived unusually long times as with Moses and others. Who, though some lived 800 years, did eventually die of natural causes or something.

Discuss.

It's actually a before and after the Flood, not the Garden.

"Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs. But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood. " (Genesis 9:3-4)

Since this wasn't mentioned so explicitly until after the Flood we infer it ddin't come into effect until then, and was thus forbidden until then.

well, for the reality of the Garden ( pre-snake, obviously) that is obvious - you can not eat a live creature if death does not exist.

Well Judaism forbids eating live animals period since it's animal cruelty. Israel takes this commandment so seriously in fact that a few years back a strawberry harvest had to be thrown out since it contained some parasitic critter in the fruit making it non-Kosher for human consumption.

The thing about 'with its blood' is about not mixing meat with milk. In an actual Torah 'life' is actualy soul. Thus our soul is supposedly in our blood. I personally think 'brain' makes more sense though since we can transplant just about everything including every drop of a person's blood without altering their 'soul.' :)

Just recently asked a Chabad rabbi friend of mine about how long before or after until you can drink milk again if you had meat (or vice-versa.) He said they (Chabad Jews) say about 6 hours.

I would think though until they body expels the milk or meat entirely from the body, so days or however long that takes? Just an academic question to me, I'm not Kosher. :)

Last edited:

Discuss.

Additionally, death did exist. Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden so they wouldn't also eat from the Tree of Life and become immortal.

22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” 23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken.
- Genesis 3

So again, it's infered Man was mortal. Though as noted later, lived unusually long times as with Moses and others. Who, though some lived 800 years, did eventually die of natural causes or something.

I am talking before expelling from the garden. until they tried the fruit from the tree of understanding the evil they were immortal as was everything else. They were forbidden to eat ONLY form the tree of understanding good from evil, not form the tree of immortality as it was irrelevant - they were already immortal.

Them sinning caused everything to become mortal. and NOW they could not have been allowed to eat the fruit of immortality and were expelled.

afterwards we all know what happened.

Death did not exist before they sinned.

Well Judaism forbids eating live animals period since it's animal cruelty. Israel takes this commandment so seriously in fact that a few years back a strawberry harvest had to be thrown out since it contained some parasitic critter in the fruit making it non-Kosher for human consumption.

The thing about 'with its blood' is about not mixing meat with milk. In an actual Torah 'life' is actualy soul. Thus our soul is supposedly in our blood. I personally think 'brain' makes more sense though since we can transplant just about everything including every drop of a person's blood without altering their 'soul.' :)

well, that is on what happened AFTER they were expelled.

I am talking BEFORE - they were immortal BEFORE eating from the tree of understanding the good vs evil and were never forbidden to eat from any other tree ( including immortal one) so it INFERRES that they WERE immortal as that tree and it's fruits were not forbidden :D

Reread what I wrote. The text says explicitly one of the reasons G-d expelled them was so they WOULDN'T become immortal eating from the Tree of Life.

If they were immortal already why'd G-d say that? Why even have a Tree of Life if everything's already immortal?

Discuss.

Biblical fish are not animals and were not brought onto the ark in pairs.

Just recently asked a Chabad rabbi friend of mine about how long before or after until you can drink milk again if you had meat (or vice-versa.) He said they (Chabad Jews) say about 6 hours.

I would think though until they body expels the milk or meat entirely from the body, so days or however long that takes? Just an academic question to me, I'm not Kosher. :)

I am not Jewish but since my childhood I remember my grandmother was not allowing to drink milk after meat( and after some fruits as well) - and the reason was simple - it might cause digestive problems.

especially in the times when food could not have been stored in the fridge and milk was not pasteurized.

so the explanation for such strict rules is physiology and hygiene :)

6 hours is way too long. Usually 2 hours is enough as food leaves the stomach by that time.

Discuss.

Do vegetables live after being eaten?

Reread what I wrote. The text says explicitly one of the reasons G-d expelled them was so they WOULDN'T become immortal eating from the Tree of Life.

If they were immortal already why'd G-d say that? Why even have a Tree of Life if everything's already immortal?

you did not understand what I was pointing at. the reason they were expelled was they disobeyed and tried the forbidden fruit. Not the fruits of immortality.

they were expelled for their sin. if they won't eat the fruit from the tree of understanding evil - they would not be expelled ( as they were living there anyway before). And since they were not forbidden by the rule to eat from anything but the tree of understanding evil, it inferres that before they sinned they were allowed to eat from the tree of immortality - which means they were immortal or were allowed to become immortal after they would eat it.

Would they have never tasted the fruit of understanding evil - we would still be in the Garden. immortal :D

Discuss.

Do vegetables live after being eaten?

Good question. :) I would answer that once they've been picked or otherwise removed from their living plant or tree or root system, they 'die' and are okay to eat. :) Potatos being a tricky one having had 'eyes' grow in the fridge seemingly indicating they're still alive. :)

8 Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. 9 The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die

21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. 22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” 23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side[e] of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

Forum List

Back