Proof of G-d or wildly coincidental?

Something I've often wondered at is how the healthiest things for us to eat are all naturally-occuring like fruits, vegetables, nuts, etc. That's either remarkable coincidence or proof of something like G-d or intelligent design or something.

It's evolution. Natural selection selects creatures that like the local produce. Creatures that eat heartily of it and thrive on it will out-survive creatures that don't.

God is three PERSONS, not three PEOPLE.
A PERSON is a Human Being, and 3 Human Beings are 3 PEOPLE.
Your God is therefore 3 Human Beings, if you don't like the word "people."

nope. a person is not a human being. it is a separate personified being which is triune with the other two persons which are not human.

human nature has almost nothing to do with it except that to some degree it is a copy of the God's persona.
per·son

[pur-suh
thinsp.png
thinsp.png
n] Show IPA
noun 1. a human being, whether man, woman, or child: The table seats four persons.

2. a human being as distinguished from an animal or a thing.

A PERSON is a Human Being, and 3 Human Beings are 3 PEOPLE.
Your God is therefore 3 Human Beings, if you don't like the word "people."

nope. a person is not a human being. it is a separate personified being which is triune with the other two persons which are not human.

human nature has almost nothing to do with it except that to some degree it is a copy of the God's persona.
per·son

[pur-suh
thinsp.png
thinsp.png
n] Show IPA
noun 1. a human being, whether man, woman, or child: The table seats four persons.

2. a human being as distinguished from an animal or a thing.

you should provide urban dictionary for explanation to support your claim :rolleyes:

It's not a coincidence in the slightest; you are making a fundamental error by NOT considering HOW long it took to get here.
For every one species alive (Pre-modern-human times) over a thousand have died - the vanished ones ate the unhealthful snacks.

You see the beautiful flowers and veggies in the garden but forget about, the unseen - underground, rotting corpses the plants use as fuel.

We all stand on a mountain of bones.

Ain't it funny...plants are not vegetarians... :eusa_whistle: ?

Something I've often wondered at is how the healthiest things for us to eat are all naturally-occuring like fruits, vegetables, nuts, etc. That's either remarkable coincidence or proof of something like G-d or intelligent design or something.

Discuss.

Our own evolutionary branch is about 3 million years old stemming from the earliest primates whose diet consisted od "all naturally-occuring" "fruits, vegetables, nuts, etc".

So yes, it is proof of evolution.

God lives in New Orleans, which is why you can buy a fried seafood platter anywhere down there, with, or without soft shelled crab and crawfish pie.

Discuss.

Given the fact ‘god’ is a creation of man, this wouldn’t be ‘proof.’

While I agree the religious definition for gods is a creation of our's, I don't believe every religion Man has invented came out someone's butt. Presumedly people experienced something that had them think "this isn't anything we can do, so it must be a god." Sounds like aliens to me. So while "God" might not be as religion describes it, it doesn't follow then that religions' are complete lies. Just that they mislabled something they did in fact encounter.

So doesn't that they encountered aliens 'fill in the holes' of Genesis? In our planned exploration of distant worlds, terraforming is often mentioned. If we make a planet habitable for life arent' we then going to deposit life on it in the process? And wouldn't aliens do that as well? And if these hypothetical aliens hung around, ight they not be mistaken for gods?

All speculation and conjecture I grant you, but either all religions ever invented came from nothing, or, like everything else in the universe they came from something. Some first incident that made people mistake what they experienced with a rational explanation, for something divine or supernatural.

We have a spiritual aspect to ourselves that has never been explained scientifically. It exists and even an atheist like myself acknowledges that it does. That is where religions stem from in my opinion. There is no link between our spirituality and the existence of any "creator" aside from those claimed by religions. Even other mammals seem to have a spiritual side to them. e.g. dogs help the sick.

Discuss.

A couple of problems:

1. Argument from incredulity. You act like it's impossible/unbelievable for this to happen without God when that's not necessarily true.
2. Non sequitur. It does not follow from the fact that naturally occurring food is healthy that God exists.
3. Observational selection. While there are many naturally occurring healthy things to eat, there are many unhealthy naturally occurring things to eat. How do you account for those?

If gods were aliens, and our 'creation story' was aliens deposited life here on Earth long ago, then isn't it sensible they'd have deposited food-bearing plants and animals for us as well? Maybe the 'creationists' and ID'ers are right, but not entirely, and G-d isn't like religion thinks of it, but rather like how science thinks of aliens?

There's no evidence of such.

Forum List

Back