Property is Liberty, and Regulation Is Theft

Eminent domain has surely been abused at times. Collective power is dangerous and must be supervised rigorously. History, however, shows that social action is unavoidable and often highly desirable.
See if you feel that way if the government in your town decides to kick you out of your home to build an office building for no other reason than to raise the tax base
I guess that would but a 1000 jobs there too ... never mind the tax base, who cares about a tax base, I guess you're agains jobs too...

I want to hear you deny that eminent domain is or would be used to build the Keystone Pipeline that YOU support,

despite your claim that all eminent domain is THEFT.

I don't know if it would do you?
It's not being built so we might as well talk about beanstalks

But I do know that many people are getting very well paid by oil companies for land leases

So in the space of five minutes you've changed your mind,

or did you just get busted?

I didn't change my mind at all

Keystone is a private company building a for profit enterprise I would never support government getting involved in that in fact I don't even know why they are involved now. If a business can come to terms with private landowners and but or lease the land for a project why should the government get involved at all?

The fact is there are no plans for it to be built

Sure they can buy off some land owners wh leases . But not all.

There's no way you can build a pipeline clear across the country wh out ED.

Just think how they could be stopped by any enviro group that buys a well placed plot of land .

Again that's a concern of the private business not the government

So you're denying you ever supported the pipeline and your posting history is an illusion?

1. Here, once again, that apocryphal tale of boiling the frog: put it in cold water, and raise the temperature so slowly that it fails to recognize the threat: boiled frog.

That's what 'regulation' is....the threat is the destruction of the right to private property.

2. Why is 'private property's so important?
Before the Founders settled on 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness,' ....

"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" is a well-known phrase in theUnited States Declaration of Independence.[1]The phrase gives three examples of the "unalienable rights" which the Declaration says has been given to all human beings by their Creator, and for which governments are created to protect. ....In 1689, Locke argued in hisTwo Treatises of Government that political society existed for the sake of protecting "property", which he defined as a person's "life, liberty, and estate"
Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. While our founding documents memorialize our rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, the Virginia Declaration preceded it by several months. In same, George Mason had written “…the enjoyment of life and liberty, with the means of acquiring and possessing property, and pursuing and obtaining happiness and safety.…” Virginia Declaration of Rights, 1776

1. The emphasis on property came from philosopher John Locke, who believed that all men had the natural rights to acquire, protect, and dispose of property.
  2. Jefferson preferred the shift from material property and toward the pursuit of happiness: by such, morality became uppermost.
4. Private property is the physical dimension of capitalism, the free market.

"A fundamental principle of our society is property rights. In nations were property rights have not been formally established, the costs of legally validating ownership of a home, a farm, or a business may be prohibitively expensive relative to the average income level, a crippling handicap for those seeking to rise from poverty to prosperity. Without property rights, one with entrepreneurial talents loses the access to other people’s money: homes or other assets not recognized by a legal system cannot be used as collateral."
Sowell, “Economic Facts & Fallacies,” chapter seven.

a. Even OWS, who oppose private property can learn: “Who’d have thought that a crowd of people demanding the seizure of wealth from banks, corporations, and the wealthy might also have a few thieves? I’m shocked,shocked to find theft occurring in a group that has hijacked private property it refuses to leave. I can’t imagine that a crowd that demands free higher education and the forgiveness of tens of thousands in student debt would also think of someone’s Mac or an iPhone as equally as communal as a college education…. Law and order! Get tough on crime! Defend private property!” Celebrated redistributionists discover healthy respect for private property - Hot Air

5. Even Liberal political philosopher John Rawls agreed, as he offered the idea that the two basic principles necessary for a just society:

a. Political liberty (i.e., to vote and run for office), freedom of speech and assembly, liberty of conscience, freedom of personal property; and freedom from arbitrary arrest.

b. Social and economic inequalities are to be arranged so that (Rawls, “A Theory of Justice,” 1971, p.303): they are to be of the greatest benefit to the least-advantaged members of society (the difference principle). A Theory of Justice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So....we've established the essential nature of private property in a free society. Compare same to a feudal or communist one.

Which would you choose?
I kind of like watching politicalbullchit trying tp push bull chit ... I never seen someone so full of her self then she... ... she puts this crap out and believes it shows us she's real stupid ... she will believe anything she reads from right wing sources, thats because she has her lips all over right wing extreamly nut job asses that not peanut butter on her nose

And yet one more Liberal intellectual midget providing a post rife with puerility, woefully short on ability.

While the import of the thread alludes to history, economics and politics, this post, and so very many Liberal posts, are chock full of barnyard references and bodily functions and second grade sexual suggestions.

As a result....the post is more an essay on an IQ test than a response to anything in the thread.
i trying to sound ;like you republicans ... thats what they write when they disagree... so I see you understood what you are ... now are responding like a liberal would ... good job liberal

This is a classic.

"i trying to sound ;like you republicans .."

No doubt you received a grade of 100 in your government school essay course.

The education industry is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberalism, Inc......and the result is clear and evident.

Consider this post my 'thank you' for your help in presenting the case against Liberals being in any position of power in our society.
don't ya love it when she losses it ... now calm down liberal politicalbullshit ... I wouldn't want you to stroke out ... we need our good laugh in the mornings

What makes you imagine that I am not calm?
As always, I remain a model of seraphic tranquility.

OK....I admit to that laughing jag when I read your attempt at proper English....

Can we agree that you are, and will always be, dumber than a soup sandwich?
OK?

And....
....don't ever change.

1. Here, once again, that apocryphal tale of boiling the frog: put it in cold water, and raise the temperature so slowly that it fails to recognize the threat: boiled frog.

That's what 'regulation' is....the threat is the destruction of the right to private property.

Before the Founders settled on 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness,' ....

"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" is a well-known phrase in theUnited States Declaration of Independence.[1]The phrase gives three examples of the "unalienable rights" which the Declaration says has been given to all human beings by their Creator, and for which governments are created to protect. ....In 1689, Locke argued in hisTwo Treatises of Government that political society existed for the sake of protecting "property", which he defined as a person's "life, liberty, and estate"

3. While our founding documents memorialize our rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, the Virginia Declaration preceded it by several months. In same, George Mason had written “…the enjoyment of life and liberty, with the means of acquiring and possessing property, and pursuing and obtaining happiness and safety.…” Virginia Declaration of Rights, 1776

1. The emphasis on property came from philosopher John Locke, who believed that all men had the natural rights to acquire, protect, and dispose of property.
  2. Jefferson preferred the shift from material property and toward the pursuit of happiness: by such, morality became uppermost.

"A fundamental principle of our society is property rights. In nations were property rights have not been formally established, the costs of legally validating ownership of a home, a farm, or a business may be prohibitively expensive relative to the average income level, a crippling handicap for those seeking to rise from poverty to prosperity. Without property rights, one with entrepreneurial talents loses the access to other people’s money: homes or other assets not recognized by a legal system cannot be used as collateral."

a. Even OWS, who oppose private property can learn: “Who’d have thought that a crowd of people demanding the seizure of wealth from banks, corporations, and the wealthy might also have a few thieves? I’m shocked,shocked to find theft occurring in a group that has hijacked private property it refuses to leave. I can’t imagine that a crowd that demands free higher education and the forgiveness of tens of thousands in student debt would also think of someone’s Mac or an iPhone as equally as communal as a college education…. Law and order! Get tough on crime! Defend private property!” Celebrated redistributionists discover healthy respect for private property - Hot Air

5. Even Liberal political philosopher John Rawls agreed, as he offered the idea that the two basic principles necessary for a just society:

a. Political liberty (i.e., to vote and run for office), freedom of speech and assembly, liberty of conscience, freedom of personal property; and freedom from arbitrary arrest.

b. Social and economic inequalities are to be arranged so that (Rawls, “A Theory of Justice,” 1971, p.303): they are to be of the greatest benefit to the least-advantaged members of society (the difference principle). A Theory of Justice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So....we've established the essential nature of private property in a free society. Compare same to a feudal or communist one.

Which would you choose?
I kind of like watching politicalbullchit trying tp push bull chit ... I never seen someone so full of her self then she... ... she puts this crap out and believes it shows us she's real stupid ... she will believe anything she reads from right wing sources, thats because she has her lips all over right wing extreamly nut job asses that not peanut butter on her nose

And yet one more Liberal intellectual midget providing a post rife with puerility, woefully short on ability.

While the import of the thread alludes to history, economics and politics, this post, and so very many Liberal posts, are chock full of barnyard references and bodily functions and second grade sexual suggestions.

As a result....the post is more an essay on an IQ test than a response to anything in the thread.
i trying to sound ;like you republicans ... thats what they write when they disagree... so I see you understood what you are ... now are responding like a liberal would ... good job liberal

This is a classic.

The education industry is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberalism, Inc......and the result is clear and evident.

Consider this post my 'thank you' for your help in presenting the case against Liberals being in any position of power in our society.
just so you know when I say I try to sound like a republican, here is a republic post so when I say I have to dumb it down for you to understand, now you get see why....

bripat said "The leftist douche bags can't imagine politicians doing anything other than promising swag to parasites that government has looted from the people who produced it....

typical condescending right wing nut job post ...

Last edited:

This is a classic.

don't ya love it when she losses it ... now calm down liberal politicalbullshit ... I wouldn't want you to stroke out ... we need our good laugh in the mornings

OK....I admit to that laughing jag when I read your attempt at proper English....

OK?

And....
....don't ever change.
calm down now political bull chit I guess you're still losing it ... better take those clam down meds of yours ..

Which would you choose?

This is a classic.

just so you know when I say I try to sound like a republican, here is a republic post so when I say I have to dumb it down for you to understand, now you get see why....

bripat said "The leftist douche bags can't imagine politicians doing anything other than promising swag to parasites that government has looted from the people who produced it....

typical condescending right wing nut job post ...

"...just so you know when I say I try to sound like a republican,..."

You wrote this:

Can you find same from 'a republican'?

The 'republican' you gave as an example.....this:
"The leftist douche bags can't imagine politicians doing anything other than promising swag to parasites that government has looted from the people who produced it...."

....seems to be syntactically and grammatically correct.

Unlike this classic you posted:

Please...just accept what you are...what is clear to all those who are unfortunate enough to come across you in life.....
.....you will always be an intellect rivaled only by garden tools.

You must have know all of this when you got the tattoo " Hoo neds skool."

This is a classic.

OK?

And....
....don't ever change.
calm down now political bull chit I guess you're still losing it ... better take those clam down meds of yours ..

OMG!!!

See....you made be fall off my chair again!!!!!

"....better take those clam down meds of yours ...."

This is priceless.
I really mean it when I same 'don't ever change.'

I think you should consider doing that post as part of a set at the 'Ice House' comedy club on open mic night. You'd kill!

But I do know that many people are getting very well paid by oil companies for land leases

Keystone is a private company building a for profit enterprise I would never support government getting involved in that in fact I don't even know why they are involved now. If a business can come to terms with private landowners and but or lease the land for a project why should the government get involved at all?

Just think how they could be stopped by any enviro group that buys a well placed plot of land .

eminent domain laws aren't just for the government to use its also for private sector to use

And therein lies the abuse

The whole point of the SCOTUS rulings is that the government can determine what is of public interest to the degree that eminent domain becomes a legal and valid action by the government. No matter how much anyone disagrees with the ruling, it is the law, constitutional law. The law has been blunted with state legislation, but the law is still there lurking and waiting for a challenge to those state legislative stop gaps and neutralizers.

The most grievous abuses are at the state level

So you're denying you ever supported the pipeline and your posting history is an illusion?

Where did I say that?

Stop trying to tell me what I say.

I can support the pipeline and still be against eminent domain
Unlike you I know things can be done without the fucking government trampling over people and stealing their homes

Eminent domain has surely been abused at times. Collective power is dangerous and must be supervised rigorously. History, however, shows that social action is unavoidable and often highly desirable.
See if you feel that way if the government in your town decides to kick you out of your home to build an office building for no other reason than to raise the tax base
I guess that would but a 1000 jobs there too ... never mind the tax base, who cares about a tax base, I guess you're agains jobs too...

So if your home that your grandparents left you was taken from you and bulldozed so a few people could have a job you'd be OK with that?

FYI no one has to have their home stolen from them so some developer can put up a fucking office building. There is plenty of land for that

This is a classic.

OK?

And....
....don't ever change.

OMG!!!

This is priceless.

I think you should consider doing that post as part of a set at the 'Ice House' comedy club on open mic night. You'd kill!
I realize you'rE in denial and fell off your chair again, shouting "that son of a bitch just hailed me again" ... DAMN IT TO HELL !!!!! then you said to yourself, I better calm down an take my meds, then try and think of something clever to say ... well looks like you misted it again ...still a little jittery I see ... when the shaking stops you be fine ... soon I hope!!!!

eminent domain laws aren't just for the government to use its also for private sector to use

suck to be you ...I guess you feel the government abuses us all the time ... OH well

This is a classic.

OK?

And....
....don't ever change.

OMG!!!

This is priceless.

I realize you'rE in denial and fell off your chair again, shouting "that son of a bitch just hailed me again" ... DAMN IT TO HELL !!!!! then you said to yourself, I better calm down an take my meds, then try and think of something clever to say ... well looks like you misted it again ...still a little jittery I see ... when the shaking stops you be fine ... soon I hope!!!!

I never use that sort of language.
I'm not an uneducated Liberal.

suck to be you ...I guess you feel the government abuses us all the time ... OH well

Better than being in denial

I live in Colorado we don't need

OK?

And....
....don't ever change.

OMG!!!

This is priceless.

I never use that sort of language.
I'm not an uneducated Liberal.
its funny when you try to say what you do and don't say ... we get it you think you're so educated, that you are so far superior to us all and yet you keep failing here day in and day out because this so-called uneducated person got your best ... see I told ya if I dumb it down you would get it ... stupid people usually do

I want to hear you deny that eminent domain is or would be used to build the Keystone Pipeline that YOU support,

despite your claim that all eminent domain is THEFT.

This is a classic.

OK?

And....
....don't ever change.

She's all bluff. I beat her down so badly for so long she has me on ignore. She only pretends she can take the heat.

Where did I say that?

Stop trying to tell me what I say.

I can support the pipeline and still be against eminent domain
Unlike you I know things can be done without the fucking government trampling over people and stealing their homes

How can youi support something that cannot exist without eminent domain, and had already used eminent domain to establish much of its route,

and then claim you're against eminent domain? The two positions are irreconcilable.

Better than being in denial
how is that being in denial ??? how is it when you see a law you don't like, I don't like, that I'm being in denial... government is here to make laws, if you don't like them do something, instead of whining about it ... all I've said is I don't like it,but realize that it is and important law that should be use wisely ... you feel we shouldn't have it at all ... with that attitude nothging would never get done

This is a classic.

OK?

And....
....don't ever change.

She's all bluff. I beat her down so badly for so long she has me on ignore. She only pretends she can take the heat.
you know and i know she so full of herself its hard for her to get away from her mirror that sits right next to her computer

Forum List

Back