Proposed Legislation-Confiscate Firearms–Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in Weapons

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
Seriously stupid bill.

It'll never pass.

I think one of the points should be, though, that the wingnut left wingers on here make a stink every time some one-off REP in whatever state puts a bill up like this, they attribute it to every REP, Conservative, Tea Party Member, or whatever else... but I doubt they will do the same in this case with their own party...

There is no way that bill will pass in Missouri. These reps just doomed their chance at re-election.

Abject Dumbassery:

571.023. 1. As used in this section the following terms shall mean:
(1) "Assault weapon", any:
(a) Semi-automatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following:
a. A pistol grip or thumbhole stock;
b. Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the nontrigger hand;
c. A folding or telescoping stock; or
d. A shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel, allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide that encloses the barrel;
So, an AR-15* is an 'assault weapon', while the Min-14* and the M1A* are not.

I'm surprised these people remember to breathe.

* Pictures available upon request for those that do not know what either of these firarms are.

No matter how hard the Dems deny it, this is their goal.

Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms – Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in Weapons

Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms ? Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in Weapons | The Gateway Pundit
HOUSE BILL NO. 545-INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES ELLINGER (Sponsor), SCHUPP, MCNEIL AND WALTON GRAY (Co-sponsors).
http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills131/biltxt/intro/HB0545I.HTM

That violates both the 2nd and 5th Amendments, but when did Democrats ever give a damn about the Bill of Rights?

No matter how hard the Dems deny it, this is their goal.

Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms – Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in Weapons

Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms ? Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in Weapons | The Gateway Pundit
HOUSE BILL NO. 545-INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES ELLINGER (Sponsor), SCHUPP, MCNEIL AND WALTON GRAY (Co-sponsors).
http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills131/biltxt/intro/HB0545I.HTM

This can't be, Democrats are the first ones to tell us that gun control is not about confiscation. Suuuuure it isn't...

Sounds reasonable to me. Bill O'Reilly was on David Letterman and he thinks anyone found with a gun on the streets should get an automatic 10 year prison sentence.

Sounds reasonable to me. Bill O'Reilly was on David Letterman and he thinks anyone found with a gun on the streets should get an automatic 10 year prison sentence.

I'm sure it sounds reasonable to every boot licking fascist in the country.

An ILLEGAL gun.

And this law is not reasonable, its unconsitutional.

Keywords = Bill O'Reilly & David Letterman

Of course it sounds reasonable to you, why should you have a problem with the Government forcing people to turn in their private property if it is in the interest of your ideological dreams. It's always Ideology over country for you loons. I'm sure Bill O'Reilly was talking about illegal guns, but feel free to spin away.

Under this law, an AR-15 is an 'assault weapon', while the Min-14 and the M1A are not.
This can sound reasonable only to those that know nothing about guns.

If it passes I predict it will be overturned before it has a chance to go into effect.

Forum List

Back