"protecting" And "serving"

Yeah, that's actually a good point.
While I'm sure there are some rank and file cops who are personally critical of Casebolt's conduct their willingness to speak out on it is impeded by the Blue Wall of Silence, an internal circumstance which stigmatizes any cop who publicly criticizes other cops as a "rat." In the simplest terms it may be said that police in America, largely as the consequence of their powerful unions, have evolved into a universally insular, us-against-them, cult.

They are the country's most dangerous street gang.

No actually they are to blame for only a small part of that the main problem is media that takes what are a small number of incidents when you realize how many police officers there are across the nation and try to protray their actions as representative of the majority of police officers. Any police officer who crossses the line should be delt with switfly but fairly and you don't come down on the entire force because of the actions of a few they did that in Balitmore and we see how that's working out.
What you've said would be true if it were the habit of the good cops to openly censure and purge the bad ones. But it isn't. In fact with very few exceptions it is in the nature of virtually all cops to defend and make excuses for rogue cops like Eric Casebolt and so many others who are caught red-handed by a camera lens.

The simple truth is the militarization of American police, which is a direct consequence of the drug war, has transformed what once was an extension of the public sector into an entity unto itself, an insular authoritarian cult with a universal them vs us disposition. And the more militarized they become the more distant from the civilian mainstream they will drift.

The simple fact is the police are agents of the State whose primary function is to protect and serve -- the rich and powerful.
Dude what?

Point to some examples of good cops ignoring crimes by bad cops.

Let's see what sort of thing you're referring to.

No actually they are to blame for only a small part of that the main problem is media that takes what are a small number of incidents when you realize how many police officers there are across the nation and try to protray their actions as representative of the majority of police officers. Any police officer who crossses the line should be delt with switfly but fairly and you don't come down on the entire force because of the actions of a few they did that in Balitmore and we see how that's working out.
What you've said would be true if it were the habit of the good cops to openly censure and purge the bad ones. But it isn't. In fact with very few exceptions it is in the nature of virtually all cops to defend and make excuses for rogue cops like Eric Casebolt and so many others who are caught red-handed by a camera lens.

The simple truth is the militarization of American police, which is a direct consequence of the drug war, has transformed what once was an extension of the public sector into an entity unto itself, an insular authoritarian cult with a universal them vs us disposition. And the more militarized they become the more distant from the civilian mainstream they will drift.

The simple fact is the police are agents of the State whose primary function is to protect and serve -- the rich and powerful.
Dude what?

They cant. But they'll swear it happens...just because...you know...it just HAS to be happening. Ya know?

Dude what?

They cant. But they'll swear it happens...just because...you know...it just HAS to be happening. Ya know?

We both know it DOES happen, especially in the bigger police forces, but that's what internal affairs is for.

So apparently this cop thinks just because he stops someone on your property, your property suddenly becomes his and he owes you no explanation as to what he's doing there.

Body camera captures officer shoving homeowner
This is a very difficult situation to assess because both the homeowner and the cop behaved provocatively. The homeowner could have been less aggressively proprietary by simply waiting to see what was going on instead of coming on like a land baron demanding an explanation.

The cop could have been less aggressively authoritarian by simply telling the homeowner he was issuing a summons, telling him to not interfere, and advising him how to lodge a complaint if he thought it was necessary. Instead he chose to make a provocative declaration, i.e., "This is my property now."

But the bottom line is the homeowner did interfere with the cop, stupidly believing he had a right to. While he could have waited and asked the cop what happened, there was no pressing need for him to demand an explanation, so in my opinion he asked for what happened next.

The motivation for the homeowner's action is made clear in his stated belief that if he were White the cop would have handled it differently. I don't think so. I am White. If a cop had someone pulled over on my front lawn I would stand by and observe until the very obvious activity was concluded. There would be no reason for me to ask what is going on. If I had a problem with it I would ask the cop for his name and shield number and file a complaint. I certainly would not demand an explanation from the cop. He was issuing a summons. What else do I have a right to know?

DontTazeMeBro. ...you're really getting desperate for material these days.

Funny....with the explosion of body cams...we're gonna see what morons and jackasses cops have to deal with. Probably much like yourself.

The first thing that stands out as wrong about this incident is the marijuana nonsense. If there was even the slightest evidence that these boys were doing something truly wrong, that is something harmful to someone or their property, or if they were belligerent or abusive to the cop, I would be more inclined to believe they deserved to be arrested. But there is no such evidence. Nothing.

Even if there was some marijuana in evidence I think it's time the police stopped wasting their time and ruining the futures of thousands of citizens each year by enforcing the wholly counterproductive marijuana laws. I regard narcs and vice cops as the scumbags of law-enforcement. And ordinary cops who voluntarily step into the narc category without having a very good reason, such as distributing truly harmful substances, and or distributing drugs to children, deserve to wear the same stigma. They are scumbags in uniform, many of whom are hurting people for doing the same things they themselves did -- and in many cases, still do.

Yawn. 1, 000, 000 cops. And this ENTIRE thread hasnt hit 800 posts yet.

When its 10, 000 links (1% ) I might care. Til then...let locals handle their problem childs.

Bad-cop to English translation: "Because defending the indefensible is tiresome, I will now fling feces in an attempt to distract."

Bad-cop to English translation: "Because defending the indefensible is tiresome, I will now fling feces in an attempt to distract."

It's his usual schtick. I don't even pay attention to him anymore. We all know exactly what kind of reprehensible human being he is.

Forum List

Back