Protesters Carrying Rifle Outside Obama Rally

The only party that's guilty of any form of voter intimidation is the Republicans.

They are notorious for that.

New Mexico GOP Sued For Voter Intimidation
Republican blamed for letter telling Latinos they cannot vote - Times Online
Think Progress » FBI Investigating Voter Intimidation In Virginia
news: GOP seeks police, veterans to work Milwaukee polls

I mean...is there any disagreement that Republicans will stoop to despicable depths in order to get their evil claws into government? There really shouldn't be.

The link you posted about Virginia is years old. Not even from the last cycle and it's about allegations. Did you even read this stuff? Further, the allegation was about phone calls. If you are going to post something about this allegation then what you should post is the OUTCOME. IT'S BEEN YEARS NOW.

If this was actual intimidation, then show us the money. Don't make me go through the rest of your bull shit to show you up.

The left is the ones that make sure dead people get out and vote. So stop whining about the right.

Like the mans sign said at the first Tax Day Tea Party, "we came unarmed... THIS time."

Well... the times are changing. People are FED UP with the little dog eared, zero experience, community organizer from shy town that's simply fucking up the country and NOT listening to the people.

And if I'm not mistaken, it's our CONSTITUTIONAL DUTY to get rid of him if he's ISN'T working for the people. Citizens LEGALLY carrying their firearms to a protest is symbolic. It's a message.

Like the mans sign said at the first Tax Day Tea Party, "we came unarmed... THIS time."

Well... the times are changing. People are FED UP with the little dog eared, zero experience, community organizer from shy town that's simply fucking up the country and NOT listening to the people.

And if I'm not mistaken, it's our CONSTITUTIONAL DUTY to get rid of him if he's ISN'T working for the people. Citizens LEGALLY carrying their firearms to a protest is symbolic. It's a message.

I agree it is a message. What message would you think it carries.

Here's the message I think they were trying to say:

"STFU or BANG!, you're dead".

Immie

Last edited:
References?

Philadelphia. You may recall the New Attorney General recently declined to prosecute the two New Black Panther members who were filmed wielding clubs outside a polling place. Both had been indicted for voter intimidation.

Memory clearing up yet?

First I heard of it. I know this will be a shock to your system but small news on the eastern seaboard doesn't make front pages here in Seattle. You are not the center of MY universe.

The report cites two men allegedly black panthers (which hasn't existed since huey newton) showing up at a polling location. One of the men had a nightstick. There were no associated reports of any injuries. Your assumtion of an assuault is incorrect. The law that was and the line crossed was electioneering or trying to influence an election within X feet of a polling location.

The report seems fair and a law was apparantly broken. Normally I do not put much creedance in a newspaper owned by a guy who thinks he is Jeezuss.

Not my fault you are on the left coast. It was covered by National News organizations on the day of the election. Not my fault you weren't watching. I never said anyone was assaulted. I said they had clubs. As I recall seeing, they both had clubs, but it has been a few months now, so maybe I'm not correct in that memory.

The point is, the justice department had secured indictments against these individuals. Oh, and sorry you haven't been paying attention since the 1970s, but the New Black Panthers have been around a while now. Granted, they are not what they were in the 1970s.

I agree it is a message. What message would you think it carries.

Here's the message I think they were trying to say:

"STFU or BANG!, you're dead".

Immie

I think it is a message to the government, not an individual. Of course, Obama is the head of government, so much like George III, he gets to be the face of that which is opposed.

First off, at the rally, there wasn't just ONE person with a gun.

There were 12. I guess you could call them Disciples of Armageddon. One of the people with an AR-15 was standing there yelling anti Obama rhetoric.

There was yet another that was being interviewed, and the news anchor asked if that was the one that was yelling, and the reporter stated there were actually 12 people there.

Now..........if this were a town hall concerning the right to bear arms, I could see it. However, not a health care rally. That would be like taking a sick person in a hospital bed to a town hall about Second Ammendment rights, and they start yelling about not getting taken care of, while the meeting is about guns. Kinda the same deal.

Another thing to consider. Ever notice how some of the national headlines killers lately have seemed like "nice normal people"? And, have you also noticed how there have some people who were purported by their neighbors to be normal, yet they go and shoot up streets, parties, etc.

With the vicious rhetoric that has been spewed by the likes of Limp Idiot, Billo the Clown, and Blech, as well as the violence and other things that have been going on, it's probably gonna just be a matter of time before something goes seriously wrong at either a Presidential town meeting or at one with a Congress critter.

Either way, my bet is gonna be that if it happens, it's gonna be someone from the GOP that pulls the trigger.

The only party that's guilty of any form of voter intimidation is the Republicans.

I mean...is there any disagreement that Republicans will stoop to despicable depths in order to get their evil claws into government? There really shouldn't be.

The link you posted about Virginia is years old. Not even from the last cycle and it's about allegations. Did you even read this stuff? Further, the allegation was about phone calls. If you are going to post something about this allegation then what you should post is the OUTCOME. IT'S BEEN YEARS NOW.

If this was actual intimidation, then show us the money. Don't make me go through the rest of your bull shit to show you up.

The left is the ones that make sure dead people get out and vote. So stop whining about the right.

The "left" as you put it did not post those videos. I do not "whine" about the "right". I point out as always that those that interloped into the republican party are scum and use every devious scheme they can conjure up to forward thier backward christian fascist agenda to make america weak and thier constituants weak minded. Hence "death panels" supposedly written into a bill that does not exist and other such bullshit intended to subvert a rational discource on healthcare. Neo cons are liars. No whine..just fact.

We don't tolerate that stuff from rads or loonies on either side of the political spectrum. If wierdos with firearms showed up at one of our local poltical rallies of any party, good golly miss molly, I do think the law enforcement would take those firearms away, beat them up one side then down the other, pull their pants down around their ankles, kick them in the butt, and send them stumbling back to their mommies.

Any person who carries a firearm openly to a political rally is making a public statement of intimidation. Unless the party is the We Are The Armed And Gunning For You, America Party.

Use some common sense, folks!

Last edited:
There was no voter-intimidation from the Left in the last election or any previous election.

That is Far-Rightwing Nutjob MYTH.

You are truly stupid.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU]YouTube - "Security" patrols stationed at polling places in Philly[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFOKnJ0oXYY]YouTube - EJ Exclusive - Police Respond to Intimidation[/ame]

So they weren't speaking to the people entering the polls.

What did they do that was 'intimidating'? Is it legal to openly carry that type of billy club in PA?

To compare apples and apples, as you are apparently attempting to compare the Philly incident with the folks carrying firearms in AZ, the people entering the event in AZ would have been forced to walk between the armed people standing at the entrance to the event.

If that were the case, then I think you would have a legitimate case that the people attending the event were intimidated. It the Black Panthers were across the street from the polling place, then I don't think it would have been intimidating. So it is the proximity of armed people to the sole point of ingress that is the issue. Given the fact they had clubs, if they had been made to be 20 or 30 feet away from the door, then that probably would have been sufficient for them not to be "intimidating."

Now, given that their indictment was for electioneering inside of the minimum distance, I'd say they were probably advocating a specific candidate, wouldn't you?

I'm asking because someone said (I believe it was you) that they didn't say anything to people coming in.

I'm not sure what link you mean though.

I don't think I said they didn't say anything. But, I don't believe that they needed to say anything. Simply being there with a menacing attitude was enough.

Here's the link:

The Black Panther case - Washington Times

Immie

*sigh*

I've been trying to make your point lol.

IF carrying a billy club in PA is not illegal, and they weren't speaking to voters as they entered (beyond a hi, how are ya kind of thing), then what exactly made them intimidating?

I've seen some here blatantly state that the gun-toters in AZ weren't intimidating because they were allowed to carry by law (but at the same time, saying they were 'sending a message'). That they didn't say anything untoward. Well, apparently neither did these 2 guys in PA. But the same people are using them as an example of intimidation.

Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

An interview with a witness at the polling place: TPM Election Central | Talking Points Memo | Obama Volunteer On Scene Disputes Fox News' Suggestions That Black Panthers Are Intimidating Voters

And yeah, while I agree that in both incidents, they have a right to carry, they were both intimidating.

The "left" as you put it did not post those videos. I do not "whine" about the "right". I point out as always that those that interloped into the republican party are scum and use every devious scheme they can conjure up to forward thier backward christian fascist agenda to make america weak and thier constituants weak minded. Hence "death panels" supposedly written into a bill that does not exist and other such bullshit intended to subvert a rational discource on healthcare. Neo cons are liars. No whine..just fact.

Did you reply to the right post?

I'm glad you changed "take him out" to "get rid of him".

And a message for what, exactly?

What did they do that was 'intimidating'? Is it legal to openly carry that type of billy club in PA?

To compare apples and apples, as you are apparently attempting to compare the Philly incident with the folks carrying firearms in AZ, the people entering the event in AZ would have been forced to walk between the armed people standing at the entrance to the event.

If that were the case, then I think you would have a legitimate case that the people attending the event were intimidated. It the Black Panthers were across the street from the polling place, then I don't think it would have been intimidating. So it is the proximity of armed people to the sole point of ingress that is the issue. Given the fact they had clubs, if they had been made to be 20 or 30 feet away from the door, then that probably would have been sufficient for them not to be "intimidating."

Now, given that their indictment was for electioneering inside of the minimum distance, I'd say they were probably advocating a specific candidate, wouldn't you?

The one was a certified poll watcher. He had every right to be there.

What was "intimidating" was his dress and race.

I'm asking because someone said (I believe it was you) that they didn't say anything to people coming in.

I'm not sure what link you mean though.

I don't think I said they didn't say anything. But, I don't believe that they needed to say anything. Simply being there with a menacing attitude was enough.

Here's the link:

Immie

*sigh*

IF carrying a billy club in PA is not illegal, and they weren't speaking to voters as they entered (beyond a hi, how are ya kind of thing), then what exactly made them intimidating?

I've seen some here blatantly state that the gun-toters in AZ weren't intimidating because they were allowed to carry by law (but at the same time, saying they were 'sending a message'). That they didn't say anything untoward. Well, apparently neither did these 2 guys in PA. But the same people are using them as an example of intimidation.

An interview with a witness at the polling place: TPM Election Central | Talking Points Memo | Obama Volunteer On Scene Disputes Fox News' Suggestions That Black Panthers Are Intimidating Voters

And yeah, while I agree that in both incidents, they have a right to carry, they were both intimidating.

So in a case where it is alleged that people were intimidating voters to vote for Obama. You trot out a link from a Pro-Obama web site that is talking points about how the law was not violated and there was no intimidation.

REALLY? Does that actually work some place?

Here's the link:

Immie

*sigh*

So in a case where it is alleged that people were intimidating voters to vote for Obama. You trot out a link from a Pro-Obama web site that is talking points about how the law was not violated and there was no intimidation.

REALLY? Does that actually work some place?

I've seen NO evidence they did anything but stand at the front of the building. Even the FoxNews reporter stated twice in his report that they had NO evidence that there was any intimidation, ending with this: "There's been no disturbances that I'm aware of, except what we've encountered here. [referring to the news crew being asked to leave, then told to stand 10 feet away; and the poll watcher telling him he didn't want the camera in his face] But again, I want to make very clear, we don't know that any voters were denied entrance to this polling facility. We don't know that anyone was intimidated to the point that they decided not to vote here, but that was what some people were concerned might be happening with two Black Panthers, one of them holding a nightstick, out front."

The video by the college kid doesn't show anything but them standing there. So I ask again, where is the evidence that they verbally threatened/intimidated anyone?

Last edited:
First off, at the rally, there wasn't just ONE person with a gun.

There were 12. I guess you could call them Disciples of Armageddon. One of the people with an AR-15 was standing there yelling anti Obama rhetoric.

There was yet another that was being interviewed, and the news anchor asked if that was the one that was yelling, and the reporter stated there were actually 12 people there.

Now..........if this were a town hall concerning the right to bear arms, I could see it. However, not a health care rally. That would be like taking a sick person in a hospital bed to a town hall about Second Ammendment rights, and they start yelling about not getting taken care of, while the meeting is about guns. Kinda the same deal.

Another thing to consider. Ever notice how some of the national headlines killers lately have seemed like "nice normal people"? And, have you also noticed how there have some people who were purported by their neighbors to be normal, yet they go and shoot up streets, parties, etc.

With the vicious rhetoric that has been spewed by the likes of Limp Idiot, Billo the Clown, and Blech, as well as the violence and other things that have been going on, it's probably gonna just be a matter of time before something goes seriously wrong at either a Presidential town meeting or at one with a Congress critter.

Either way, my bet is gonna be that if it happens, it's gonna be someone from the GOP that pulls the trigger.

I'll take the other side of that bet. How much?

The one was a certified poll watcher. He had every right to be there.

What was "intimidating" was his dress and race.

What's intimidating about him being black?

If that was intimidating, I guess I'd have to be shaking in my shoes constantly since I'm one of about 3 white people in the building I work in with about 300 black people in a predominately black section of the District of Columbia.

Racist much?

Just out of curiosity, since Montana is an open carry state, why didn't that NRA guy bring a gun?

Nope........this is yet another example of the GOP and their hate speech. Like I said, I'm betting that when something goes south (and if the right keeps up with their bullshit, it will), it's gonna be a GOP'er who pulls the trigger.

And..........here's something else to think about.........there are lots of incidents yearly where people (who have owned guns for a long time and are very familiar with them ), accidentally discharge a weapon and kill someone else or themselves.

Do you REALLY think that taking a firearm to a rally is a good idea? What if they get so caught up in their rhetoric, that they forget to put the safety on, accidentally drop their weapon, and someone gets shot?

Nope........this was a bad move, especially the amount of people there with guns.

Forum List

Back