Protests: Fifty Shades as Glamorizing Domestic Violence

Thanks for this article. I think the writer made very clear points about not accepting domineering behavior as the norm, so that anything naturally considerate of others is no longer normal but seen as a sign of something special. while taking women for granted who are expected to be nice and agreeable all the time, and anything less is seen as deficient.

I couldn't believe the times I ran into this.
I would donate rent to help volunteers with nonprofits sharing a duplex for office space.
And when I couldn't pay it any longer I got blamed with demands for "how were they were expected to pay the costs."
And I said why didn't they push that hard and demand help when I was struggling to pay the costs.
Why was my labor taken for granted and yet they weren't expected to work to pay for their volunteer costs.

And the same thing happened when I had worked extra hours to pay for some media work to
cover the community plans for a press conference.

The volunteer I had gone out of my way to pay expenses for in order to free up their time to work on this
complained I was treating them like a slave. I said well I'm paying for this work and cannot afford this.
They claimed they normally charge xyz per hour, and they had worked so many hours and deserved
the thousands of dollars I covered for just a single project that they didn't even finish. the work was lost.
but supposedly this person had put in enough hours to justify covering thousands of dollars of debts I covered.

So then I pointed out that I had worked at less than 15.00 an hour to earn that money minus the taxes I had to pay.
so the hours that I had put into this project to cover the costs were far more than the hours this person had put in.
there was NO comparison.

But those hours didn't count. Once the money "magically came out of nowhere"
then this person swore they earned it by charging their usual rates per hour.

And that is what happens with people who think govt needs to take care of them
because they think they pay for it. they think that any taxes that businesses pay
belong to govt and th epublic, this isn't the business people earning it and having to pay their labor to govt.
they think that is owed to govt and owed to them.

so this becomes the NORM
and anything less is seen as GREED

so that's how they say rich people are greedy and need to pay more taxes to pay their share
because the only way they earned their money was because govt "allowed them to"

and poor people are either blamed or made dependent on govt or both.

so that is like keeping women dependent on men, where that is the norm.
everything is supposed to go through the men, just like people think everything has to be done through govt

you cannot trust people to act independently on their own. very similar setting up these norms to feel safe.

Well, okay, I guess that is KIND OF related. Lol. I am sticking to the topic of BDSM though and it shows, IMO, that it is no different than any other abusive relationship.

Why do you think a person would agree to be abused and actually enjoy the act of being abused by another, whether that be a man, a woman, or even a business partner?

Why do you think a person would enjoy abusing another person and gain some kind of sexual satisfaction from such abuse?

Just because the people involved have found a fancy name and have made abuse into some type of sexual game makes it more acceptable?

I don't find anything normal or healthy about, regardless of any "safe words" or "trust." Plenty of people trust the wrong kinds of people all the time, every day.

And again, what if the "dominant" person in the game cannot find a willing participant? Does his or her proclivity to violence during sex just go away? Do you think a person who enjoys these kinds of activities would need more and more to become satisfied with his or her sex life? Or do you think they reach some kind of plateau and just keep it there?

These are just some of the questions a person should probably ask him or herself before getting involved in such a game. I mean, I really can't even refer to this as a Relationship. :D Lol.

Hi ChrisL

1. individually
I know with some people, their brain chemistry is different. One person who tried to explain to me why he needed to do RISKY behavior was he didn't feel the same stimulation other people feel naturally. It took things like driving fast, or bungee jumping, etc. to even boost the brain up to the level people have naturally from regular stimulations and interactions.

If you look up books on sociopathy, this is being studied as just how brains are different and don't respond as much to social interaction, empathy for others, etc. So the need for stimulation can be triggered by doing excessive things.

It's one thing to stimulate yourself in ways that only affect you. What becomes criminal is when people only get stimulation, or in extreme cases relief from an addiction, from torturing other people to get a reaction out of them they can "feel."

That is one factor.

2. between partners
Another approach to understanding this is some people are naturally more dominant or submissive in relations.
So what happens if people go to extremes with these extremes? Then they need partners who either meet their natural inclinations or balance them out. So you end up with people seeking others who fall into certain roles that complement each other.

3. spiritually or collectively
Now, as for spiritually what is going on, if you believe people are trying to restore balance between male and female energies collectively, this could all be some serious karma working itself out. Who knows WHERE this came from or where it's going, but the point is to heal and resolve old things and not let them repeat. So if this is leftover karma from the past, maybe it's just working itself through like slaves who were beaten or raped by masters, and now this is the reverse karma.
However, if it is not out of forgiveness and resolution of the past, but is projected guilt that is just going in circles that isn't healing anything but perpetuating the sickness to go on and on.

That's why I'd make sure people are truly spiritual healed of past issues/karma so this isn't a projection in vicious cycle, but really is a natural expression to get this energy out of the system, wherever it may have come from, and release it permanently.

I have even proposed that if people WANT to do these things, what if they only get pleasure from KILLING someone,
why not set it up where they can. So if people AGREE they committed a capital offense and AGREE to the death penalty.
Or they AGREE they tortured people and AGREE to be tortured, then let these people do the job instead of judging them for it.

I met someone who swears her fantasy is to do the bondage torture rape stuff, and everyone kids her and says she is fake.
But what if someone did AGREE they deserved that for what they did to other people. Why not let her come in and perform her fantasy on this person?

Because that is not how we do things in our society. What of the person who wants to torture and hurt others? I'm sorry, but I have yet to hear a good reason or a justification for that. They are sociopaths? Well that is a mental disorder, which is what I started off saying when others seemed to get offended. Correct?

Sociopath is not enough to distinguish the criminal factor.
There are many sociopaths who are not criminal, but use their objective minds
to make astute business decisions without emotional distractions that other people have.
Some learn to use their different mindsets in productive ways that cause no harm.

There is something else that determines if people will cause harm to themselves or others.
I think studies on this will prove that factor is whether we are forgiving or not. If we don't forgive and fully heal, we project our emotions onto other people and cause emotional abuse. Because this is so commonplace, it becomes hypocritical to judge who is abusive if everyone bullies and overrides the consent of others, out of defense.

We cannot even isolate this factor if we go around teaching it is normal to hate and fear
and not to forgive. The challenge is to reform society where everyone else agrees to
consistent norms of respecting the consent and beliefs of others, and then the people who are
truly sick will stand out. We can't do that right now if EVERYONE is bullying and judging
people emotionally. If we resolve those issues that can be resolved, it will become more
clear which people cannot resolve their issues. Instead of hiding behind everyone else.

Has nothing to do with hate, fear, bullying and judging; it has to do with unhealthy human beings doing unhealthy and self-destructive things and acknowledging that instead of playing into the game and being a phony, IMO.

Disir I understand that you have no patience for those,
but ChrisL is not one.

Very passionate, and honest enough to say what's going on her side.
Trying to resolve this openly. some projection going on, mutually,
but that's not the point of the conversation but a side effect of it.

Pfftt......she's an attention whore.

So, I put her on ignore.

Call it Sadism light.

Lol.

Why We Need To Rethink The Attention Whore Label Emma Gray

Nova contends that our envy of other women and our lack of understanding for people who are different from us is part of what drives us to assign someone the label. She admits that her conservative Christian upbringing drove her to ridicule women who didn't fit that mold. "Basically, I learned that shaming those who craved attention and acted on their impulses was a necessary part of upholding my self-esteem as a woman, and the wider the distinction between myself and them, the better," she admitted.

Is Attention Ho better? ppbbfftt

Oh, and Emily. I did find an article about how BDSM is a way to get away with abusing women. I'm not sure if I want to post it though, because it talks a lot about feminism. I don't REALLY consider myself a feminist as I enjoy my femininity, and I know that women cannot do EVERYTHING that men can do, and vice versa. But the article does make some valid points. Should I post it? I'm sure I'll get attacked as being a feminazi if I do. Lol. :D

If you wanna get away with abusing women become a Christian.

Home

"This website is intended to be a haven for married couples who practise safe and consensual Christian Domestic Discipline (CDD), or for those who would like to learn more about CDD. It is intended to provide support and encouragement for those who believe in traditional Christian marriage, with the husband as the head of the household, and the wife as his helpmeet."

Why are you addressing this post towards me? Why would you think I want to get away with abusing a woman. I AM a woman, and I am not gay, nor am I into BDSM, so what point of mine are you addressing with this?

"Oh, and Emily. I did find an article about how BDSM is a way to get away with abusing women."

Yes? It is. What was the point of your post?

That BDSM isn't about abusing women because it's consensual and fully in the submissives' power, not the man holding the implement. But in Christianity, men are in power and may discipline their wives without her consent thus is the actual abuse of women.

"Oh, and Emily. I did find an article about how BDSM is a way to get away with abusing women."

That BDSM isn't about abusing women because it's consensual and fully in the submissives' power, not the man holding the implement. But in Christianity, men are in power and may discipline their wives without her consent thus is the actual abuse of women.

I disagree. It is about abusing women. Just because a person gives you consent to abuse them, that does not diminish YOUR abuse of said person. You are still a sick fucker for wanting to inflict pain upon another person, with or without consent.

Disir I understand that you have no patience for those,
but ChrisL is not one.

Very passionate, and honest enough to say what's going on her side.
Trying to resolve this openly. some projection going on, mutually,
but that's not the point of the conversation but a side effect of it.

So, I put her on ignore.

Call it Sadism light.

Lol.

Nova contends that our envy of other women and our lack of understanding for people who are different from us is part of what drives us to assign someone the label. She admits that her conservative Christian upbringing drove her to ridicule women who didn't fit that mold. "Basically, I learned that shaming those who craved attention and acted on their impulses was a necessary part of upholding my self-esteem as a woman, and the wider the distinction between myself and them, the better," she admitted.

Oh, and Emily. I did find an article about how BDSM is a way to get away with abusing women. I'm not sure if I want to post it though, because it talks a lot about feminism. I don't REALLY consider myself a feminist as I enjoy my femininity, and I know that women cannot do EVERYTHING that men can do, and vice versa. But the article does make some valid points. Should I post it? I'm sure I'll get attacked as being a feminazi if I do. Lol. :D

Home

"This website is intended to be a haven for married couples who practise safe and consensual Christian Domestic Discipline (CDD), or for those who would like to learn more about CDD. It is intended to provide support and encouragement for those who believe in traditional Christian marriage, with the husband as the head of the household, and the wife as his helpmeet."

Delta4Embassy
Don't forget the spiritual healing that comes with Christianity
or you are leaving out the best part.

The Christian spiritual healing ministries are the best ones for healing
people who were previously trapped in religious, cult and ritual abuse.

Look up the people they are trying to save from child abuse hidden
by the LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses: silentlambs.org - Welcome

Please give credit to Christians who are some of the best at healing
the wounds, trauma and destroyed relations from people hurt by religious cults and sexual abuse.

Be fair and report the whole truth.

So, I put her on ignore.

Call it Sadism light.

Lol.

Home

Delta4Embassy

the wounds, trauma and destroyed relations from people hurt by religious cults and sexual abuse.

Can post pleanty of 'fair and balanced' incidents involving more traditional or mainstream branches of Christianity advocating both spousal and child abuse as official doctrine and not aberrations.

Delta4Embassy FALSE both the men and women submit equally one to another where Christ is the head.
That is Christianity. The rest is cultural norms. Learn the difference.

This is like saying all people are under Govt. Well, that's only if Govt follows the laws.
If police rape and attack people, they lose authority.
And same if MEN don't follow the Christian laws, they lose authority.
The laws say to love one another, to forgive one another.

So anyone who doesn't forgive isn't following the law and can't enforce it with authority.

Lol.

Home

Delta4Embassy

Can post pleanty of 'fair and balanced' incidents involving more traditional or mainstream branches of Christianity advocating both spousal and child abuse as official doctrine and not aberrations.

That may be true, but this thread is about BDSM, not Christianity.

I disagree. It is about abusing women. Just because a person gives you consent to abuse them, that does not diminish YOUR abuse of said person. You are still a sick fucker for wanting to inflict pain upon another person, with or without consent.

I'm personally not into it. My objection though is it makes me laugh when people suddenly assume those roles contrasting so sharply with their former personality. It's just really bad acting to me and makes me giggle.

Home

Delta4Embassy

That may be true, but this thread is about BDSM, not Christianity.

Fair point.

Lol.

Home

Delta4Embassy

So . . . you are trying to justify abuse of women by bringing Christianity and religious beliefs into this? Nope, sorry, Christianity is NOT all about harming people. BDSM IS about harming people. That is the whole gist of it, being out of control and hurting or being hurt. AND, some people are severely injured by this "activity." It's really not much different than "cutting" or other types of self-mutilation. Certainly, there are different levels, some of which would be less harmful physically, but it is still a very unhealthy activity in my mind, nor is it sexy or sexual. It is all about control and/or lack of control. Same as with rape.

Last edited:

I'm personally not into it. My objection though is it makes me laugh when people suddenly assume those roles contrasting so sharply with their former personality. It's just really bad acting to me and makes me giggle.

Also, being in a "submissive" role does mean the other dominating influence has to inflict pain.

Lol.

Home

Delta4Embassy

Delta4Embassy
Those people are not following the laws
which are to love one another, forgive one another,
"confess our faults one to another and pray for one another that we may be healed"
and for husbands and wives to submit to one another
where male and female are made one in Christ.

If you are not teaching equality of people as equal children of God
you are not teaching the right Gospel. Sorry. Don't look at the
bad teachers teaching it wrong, look at the experts at spiritual healing teaching it right:
How To Defeat Homosexual Activists 101 A Real Education Page 4 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Delta4Embassy please do not endorse the concept of abuse
by misteaching that Christianity supports it when in fact the
proper practice HEALS the causes of abuse and STOPS people from abusing others.
You are like teaching people that eating healthy CAUSES sickness instead of
teaching that eating healthy prevents it, by citing cases of people who ate poorly!

Please do not deny others the right to know that Christian spiritual
healing corrects prevents and cures the cause of abuse. Or you are enabling more abuse.

Fair point.
Dear Delta4Embassy and ChrisL
You are welcome to post anything such as on Christianity you feel addresses issues related to BDSM including abuse.
My issue with Delta is not with that, but over MISREPRESENTING Christianity to the point of CAUSING HARM.

Delta, this is like telling people DON'T study science because science is abused for evil.

That is dangerous and unfair to teach people to avoid science out of fear.

Sure, you can show how science is abused, such as abusing technology to pollute or destroy the environment or making chemical weapons and bombs.

But it's not fair to LEAVE OUT the proper use of science for medicine and cleaning up the environment, not just destroying it. *Once science has been abused to destroy the environment, we NEED SCIENCE to study the damage and fix it afterwards. So it becomes ESSENTIAL to cure the problems that were caused by the abuses of it. And same with Christianity and healing abuses caused by religion.*

With abuse and especially religious, ritual cult abuse and sexual abuse,
the ONLY thing I have found to stop the truly sick addictions and criminal illness, including pedophilia, and HEAL both the damages and the causes,
is the Spiritual Healing and deliverance taught only in Christianity.

So it is DANGEROUS to keep people away from the cure by only
posting the abuses of religion which isn't the real practice of Christianity.

Delta4Embassy if you don't believe, do the research first on the people who teach Christianity correctly.
you can look up Peter Loth, Drs. Francis and Judith MacNutt, Dr. Phillip Goldfedder,
and if you want a personal reference I can refer my friend Olivia Reiner.

Once you see that you are being unfair, then you owe it to correct
ALL the misinformation you spread that is NOT true Christianity.

Do you really want to have to correct more and more wrongs
by insisting on teach it wrong? That is more mess you will have to clean up when
you realize the difference between true Christianity and whatever sexist abuses you are complaining of.

Do you think the nuns teaching in all girl schools practice Christianity that way?
When there is no male teacher leading the classes?

Surely you can understand that the concept of RESPECT FOR AUTHORITY
applies to whoever is teaching a class or leading a business or project.

That is symbolic, and naturally people respect the leaders in charge.
In patriarchal societies it is the CULTURE that reinforces male authority.

This is a social problem in ALL cultures that have this.

Delta4 if you want to go into detail about how Adam and Eve
symbolize oppression, I can show you THREE different interpretations
by parental/government authority, male/female, and class division.

AND THE POINT OF CHRIST JESUS IS TO OVERCOME that
and make people equal as Children of God. So you are missing
the point if you just rag about the problems in society
and don't INCLUDE how Christianity teaches the SOLUTION.

I will post a separate reply with THREE interpretations of Adam and Eve.
And how Christ Jesus as Restorative Justice is supposed to REMEDY that separation and oppression.

You really miss the point, Delta, and I hope you correct it now so it's less mess to clean up after yourself.

Here Delta4Embassy and ChrisL
for you to review and comment on freely, whatever thoughts or ideas come to mind:

Poetic short form first:
http www.houstonprogressive.org/genocide.html
http://www.isocracytx.net/copyrited/adam&eve.html

====================================
Long form analysis:

A. interpreting Adam and Eve
as God's authority starting off as an authoritarian relationship of parental over children
and moving toward equal responsibility of people becoming self governing
B. as representing matriarchal vs patriarchal systems
and moving back toward egalitarian between equal partners but playing different roles
C. as representing class differences between men
and management viewed as having greater value and authority
than women and field workers who are valued less and considered subordinate to the other

I have seen variations of these themes, and find whole movements
and people's personal convictions based on them, so I believe in including and addressing them all.

for equal justice to be established, all these issues of what causes inequality and oppression
need to be resolved. The same solution of forgiveness and correction in the
spirit of Restorative Justice applies to all, so that is where I see Christ Jesus represents that stage of fulfillment.

which do you wish to focus on
are all these equally important or which to address first?

then I think that will answer the other questions
you bring up about how to go about implementing justice
and how people can be under different levels or responsibility for self government

I will try to elaborate on A B and C above.
========================
A. this interpretation focuses on reconciling man's free will
with God's will through Christ Jesus. That instead of rebelling
against God's will, people learn by reason and experience, by free will
that we reap what we sow; where we act out of ill will and retribution,
we get retributive justice in return, and where we forgive wrongs
and seek correction and restitution in Christ Jesus ie Restorative Justice
then we are granted the same opportunity to make right out of wrongs.

B. this interpretation focuses on sins or karma passed down that
condition us in terms of gender bias and imbalance in society.
matriarchal societies used to pass knowledge of the laws from
mother to daughter, where spirituality was focused on women
and fertility as the source of life; but patriarchal laws and cultures
took over and defined property based on passing power from the
fathers to the sons, and marriage laws thus made women and children
part of the estate controlled by men. these cultural conditions are
passed down to future generations until balance is restored.
so the teachings of Christ Jesus as the one law or Lord under which all
humanity becomes the bride or wife, and where husbands and wives submit
one to another, are supposed to govern by consent not coercion.
and there is a marriage or harmony restored, where these are joined in peace.

C. This issue of class inequality is probably the one that concerns you the
most since most of your questions seem to be here. Because secular laws
are not addressed in the Bible but left to the governments, I would use
Constitutional laws to set up means of equal access to education, conflict resolution,
and training to become self-governing and let local peoples construct their own systems
using their cultures or religions to address their own tribes and traditions.

How this was explained to me, where class divisions came from,
the men were valued more as the meat gatherers whose hunts were prayed over
and the meat was more valuable, and thus the means of preserving it gave more
power and profits to the management class with resources to store distribute and sell meat.
While the women and workers in the fields who gathered crops and vegetables and fruits
were valued less as more plentiful. So the argument is social injustice came from this split.

Since we do not have equal education and empowerment of people at all ranks of society
that is why I support using the campus tiered system of organizing people by class,
and giving support and incentive to move up the scale to the highest level people want.
if they don't want to be fully independent, they should still be part of a community
that supports and does not exploit them for their labor or their educational level.

I believe we can see restorative Justice establish such schools by taking restitution
owed for slave trafficking and investing in building campus facilities with services
tied in with educational internships, residencies and job training on site.
so we can convert slave labor factories and sweatshops into
work study jobs on campuses that are managed similar to nonprofit or church schools.
people can choose their affiliations, so there is no forced labor but it is all voluntary
and done either for pay or study credits or restitution for crimes as agreed to.

Forum List

Back