Protests: Fifty Shades as Glamorizing Domestic Violence

Well, I've got news for them, they are NOT. They have a big problem and probably should get therapy before they really hurt someone or themselves. There is also a thing some people do where they bind themselves and hang themselves and get off from that too. Some actor died from it a few years back.

You sure do like to FORCE your opinion on others ChrisL :eusa_think: Ironic

Not at all. I'm just saying it is unhealthy and not normal to want to abuse a person or to be abused. Do you disagree with that? Do you think it's normal to want to be hurt or to want to hurt another person and to get off on that? Good Lord! I hope not!

You are talking degrees here. A little spanking is ok, but a lot of spanking is not? You have your tastes in what you want. Simply because others have different tastes does not make them ill or confused.

Why do you think they would do that? Because they equate violence with love. That's why. They are at least confused individuals.
Equating violence with love is not a normal response. It's a pathological response and should never be held out as normal.

Normal? What about human sexuality is normal? Is sodomy normal? Is picking your partner based on hair color normal?

Enjoying and being sexually turned on by inflicting pain is not normal. That is a form of abuse. Just because you find someone who is fucked up as yourself (generally speaking - not YOU personally), doesn't mean either of them are healthy.

Perhaps you should contact Psychology Today and give them the benefit of your expertise.

from: BDSM Personality and Mental Health Psychology Today
"A recent study on the psychological profile of BDSM (bondage-discipline, dominance-submission, sadism-masochism) practitioners has attracted a great deal of media attention, with headlines proclaiming that “S&M practitioners are healthier and less neurotic than those with a tamer sex life (link is external).” Although BDSM has often in the past been thought to be associated with psychopathology, the authors of the study argued that practitioners are generally psychologically healthy, if not more so in some respects, compared to the general population"

I am not claiming that BDSMers are healthier or more anything. I am simply saying that what you dislike sexually is not necessarily sick or evidence of a mental disorder.
Not a disorder. A pathology. An aberration that does not rise to the level of disorder. It isn't normal behavior. It should not be included in the subject of normal sexual behavior. It should not be included as normal behavior in any school sex ed class.

What kind of person WANTS to be hurt? Think about it. :rolleyes-41: With your brain and not your dick.
I do not judge people on their sexual preferences.

Neither do I, but I don't have to think they are normal or healthy because they are not. Abuse is not normal or healthy under ANY circumstances.
Once again, that is your opinion. Other people have opinions that differ from yours.

Some people think having sex with minors is alright too, but we have LAWS against it. Not everything is acceptable to the general population, and yes, you are going to be seen as a weirdo by most people if you engage in abuse of your partner. That is not sex or love. It is abuse and violence under the guise of sex.

Minors are protected because they are not mature enough to give consent. Between consenting adults is a different matter.

Look, if you don't want to be spanked, restrained or whatever, then don't do it. But this judgemental nonsense is a waste of time for you and for them. Perhaps there are those who worry more about what other people think than about their own happiness. I pity those people.

People need to know that it is not a normal thing to want to be hurt or to want to hurt another person. That is violence, not sex.

Look, if you don't want to be spanked, restrained or whatever, then don't do it. But this judgemental nonsense is a waste of time for you and for them. Perhaps there are those who worry more about what other people think than about their own happiness. I pity those people.
I worry about people that need to pretend they are Conan the Barbarian in the bedroom. What we see in public is only a thin veneer of their true selves.

LOL. My wife and I saw this terrible movie on Thursday. She's read the books and really wanted to see it. My responses to the whole thing.....

Why would a Man need a CONTRACT to discipline a woman in a relationship?
Discipline is not about SEX, it's about OBEDIENCE.

What kind of person WANTS to be hurt? Think about it. :rolleyes-41: With your brain and not your dick.

Neither do I, but I don't have to think they are normal or healthy because they are not. Abuse is not normal or healthy under ANY circumstances.
Once again, that is your opinion. Other people have opinions that differ from yours.

Some people think having sex with minors is alright too, but we have LAWS against it. Not everything is acceptable to the general population, and yes, you are going to be seen as a weirdo by most people if you engage in abuse of your partner. That is not sex or love. It is abuse and violence under the guise of sex.

Minors are protected because they are not mature enough to give consent. Between consenting adults is a different matter.

And some men like to wear diapers and shit in them and have someone change them and get off on that. :lol: Sorry, but yes, there is normal and there is abnormal.

And some men like to wear diapers and shit in them and have someone change them and get off on that. :lol: Sorry, but yes, there is normal and there is abnormal.

LOL. My wife and I saw this terrible movie on Thursday. She's read the books and really wanted to see it. My responses to the whole thing.....

A contract would offer some legal protection if she sued him.

A contract would offer some legal protection if she sued him.

This guy is a traditionalist. He thinks of women as property and not as people, so don't take him too seriously.

Or it is someone giving their partner what they WANT.

I am on my way to the movies right now. I have the choice of American Sniper or 50 Shades of Grey. I am choosing American Sniper. Some people would think that I was a sick fuck for wanting to see a movie about a sniper killing people over a movie about kinky sax. They would not consider me normal.
Two points: Having sex with an under age person is against the law and a different subject.
You should not speak about what society in general believes. You do not know what goes on I people's heads.

Well, I've got news for them, they are NOT. They have a big problem and probably should get therapy before they really hurt someone or themselves. There is also a thing some people do where they bind themselves and hang themselves and get off from that too. Some actor died from it a few years back.

Not at all. I'm just saying it is unhealthy and not normal to want to abuse a person or to be abused. Do you disagree with that? Do you think it's normal to want to be hurt or to want to hurt another person and to get off on that? Good Lord! I hope not!

Who is to be the judge of that? YOU?!!! :eusa_naughty:

Also, as WinterBorn mentioned, it isn't advisable to engage in it w/ someone who can't tell that striking someone in the head w/ a blunt object isn't advisable.

I think there is something seriously wrong with a person who wants to abuse another person, gets off on that, and seeks out other poor saps who are confused enough that they would agree to being abused. It's obviously because they are confusing violence and abuse with love. A LOT of people are abused as children, so this is not really that surprising that they would associate abuse with love. They need to realize that a person who truly loves them would want to cherish them, not abuse them.

I am on my way to the movies right now. I have the choice of American Sniper or 50 Shades of Grey. I am choosing American Sniper. Some people would think that I was a sick fuck for wanting to see a movie about a sniper killing people over a movie about kinky sax. They would not consider me normal.
Two points: Having sex with an under age person is against the law and a different subject.
You should not speak about what society in general believes. You do not know what goes on I people's heads.

Kinky sax? Hmm.

Who decides what is 'normal'?
The same as always, most folks. The reason books/movies like this get attention is because they are not the norm.
To some people they are normal. You want to inflict your opinions on others. That is not normal.
Wow, nice twist there Slick. You asked a question and I gave an answer, which is correct. The norm is what determines what's normal. How am I inflicting anything on your ass when you asked the question?
Who decides what is normal?

Also, as WinterBorn mentioned, it isn't advisable to engage in it w/ someone who can't tell that striking someone in the head w/ a blunt object isn't advisable.

If you need a safety word to stop your partner from hurting you, then you and he need therapy. Sorry. The truth hurts.

Who decides what is 'normal'?
The same as always, most folks. The reason books/movies like this get attention is because they are not the norm.
To some people they are normal. You want to inflict your opinions on others. That is not normal.
Wow, nice twist there Slick. You asked a question and I gave an answer, which is correct. The norm is what determines what's normal. How am I inflicting anything on your ass when you asked the question?
Who decides what is normal?

Probably not you with your kinky sax. :D

Oh? Good point. How would you know? How would you know what the other person's intent is, especially when they get off on hurting you?

Fifty Shades of Grey premiere marred by protesters - Celebrity Buzz

Finally! I wasn't surprised by Christians protesting the film premiere as promoting unhealthy relations.

But these protestors hit home, protesting the "glamorization" of domestic violence
(while others claim the character wasn't coerced
but consented to the S&M as sexual exploration).

I was beginning to worry that most people were either hyping this up or brushing it off.
Glad to see some sign of intelligent response I can at least RELATE to.

============

The London premiere of raunchy movie Fifty Shades of Grey was marred by protest groups campaigning against domestic violence on Thursday night.

Members of the Fifty Shades is Domestic Violence campaign group descended on Leicester Square in the British capital armed with placards, balloons, T-shirts and a large banner to protest against the film’s portrayal of a kinky relationship while the stars Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan walked the grey carpet.

Other individuals held up placards to condemn the film for allegedly glamorising domestic violence, with one sign reading, “#BlueAboutGrey – because some Ana’s don’t survive their Christian’s (sic).”

Director Sam Taylor-Johnson addressed the calls of domestic violence to U.K. TV show Good Morning Britain, saying, “We took a very definite approach towards empowering Anastasia and she goes on a sexual exploration, but it’s one she goes on willingly and she consents throughout.”

Stars including Aaron Taylor-Johnson, author E.L. James, former Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts and singer Jamelia also attended the premiere.

Consensual sexual behaviours are not domestic violence. No battered woman (or man) is enjoying the battering. Those into S&M, B&D, or D/s however are enjoying themselves.

Any linking of the two is just more of the same sexual persecution by prudish types.

Forum List

Back