Protests: Fifty Shades as Glamorizing Domestic Violence

Actually my client wanted a woman to beat him up and order him to pay the bills.
what does that have to do w/ you being able to avoid Newton's Laws of Motion at your discretion? Tipsycatlover

Admit you made it up :eusa_liar: girlfriend.
You didn't understand a thing I said. Poor baby.
Backpedal FAIL!!.

I want to hear about how you- an admitted 5'7", 125 pounder, "slammed" a man against the wall.

Fifty Shades of Grey premiere marred by protesters - Celebrity Buzz

Finally! I wasn't surprised by Christians protesting the film premiere as promoting unhealthy relations.

But these protestors hit home, protesting the "glamorization" of domestic violence
(while others claim the character wasn't coerced
but consented to the S&M as sexual exploration).

I was beginning to worry that most people were either hyping this up or brushing it off.
Glad to see some sign of intelligent response I can at least RELATE to.

============

The London premiere of raunchy movie Fifty Shades of Grey was marred by protest groups campaigning against domestic violence on Thursday night.

Members of the Fifty Shades is Domestic Violence campaign group descended on Leicester Square in the British capital armed with placards, balloons, T-shirts and a large banner to protest against the film’s portrayal of a kinky relationship while the stars Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan walked the grey carpet.

Other individuals held up placards to condemn the film for allegedly glamorising domestic violence, with one sign reading, “#BlueAboutGrey – because some Ana’s don’t survive their Christian’s (sic).”

Director Sam Taylor-Johnson addressed the calls of domestic violence to U.K. TV show Good Morning Britain, saying, “We took a very definite approach towards empowering Anastasia and she goes on a sexual exploration, but it’s one she goes on willingly and she consents throughout.”

Stars including Aaron Taylor-Johnson, author E.L. James, former Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts and singer Jamelia also attended the premiere.

Consensual sexual behaviours are not domestic violence. No battered woman (or man) is enjoying the battering. Those into S&M, B&D, or D/s however are enjoying themselves.

Any linking of the two is just more of the same sexual persecution by prudish types.

Wrong. People who enjoy that are two fucked up people. That's all there is to it. They seek out other fucked up people to pacify their needs. I guess we should be thankful that there are some who are willing participants because God knows what these people would do otherwise.

The should be protesting over the fact that the book is committing First-Degree Eye-Slaughter.

Wanna protest something "glamourizing domestic violence" how about we complain about nostalgia cable channels airing "The Honeymooners?" :)

"To the Moon Alice!"

If you need a safety word to stop your partner from hurting you, then you and he need therapy. Sorry. The truth hurts.
shows you don't know what you're talking about :thup:

Sorry that the truth hurts. Abuse is unacceptable under any circumstances. Those who like abuse obviously are obviously confused and kind of sick individuals.
Labeling consensual BDSM as 'abuse' shows how uninformed you are.

Here's ChrisL

gladyskravitz_1336.jpg

Finally! I wasn't surprised by Christians protesting the film premiere as promoting unhealthy relations.

But these protestors hit home, protesting the "glamorization" of domestic violence

I was beginning to worry that most people were either hyping this up or brushing it off.

============

The London premiere of raunchy movie Fifty Shades of Grey was marred by protest groups campaigning against domestic violence on Thursday night.

Members of the Fifty Shades is Domestic Violence campaign group descended on Leicester Square in the British capital armed with placards, balloons, T-shirts and a large banner to protest against the film’s portrayal of a kinky relationship while the stars Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan walked the grey carpet.

Other individuals held up placards to condemn the film for allegedly glamorising domestic violence, with one sign reading, “#BlueAboutGrey – because some Ana’s don’t survive their Christian’s (sic).”

Director Sam Taylor-Johnson addressed the calls of domestic violence to U.K. TV show Good Morning Britain, saying, “We took a very definite approach towards empowering Anastasia and she goes on a sexual exploration, but it’s one she goes on willingly and she consents throughout.”

Stars including Aaron Taylor-Johnson, author E.L. James, former Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts and singer Jamelia also attended the premiere.

Consensual sexual behaviours are not domestic violence. No battered woman (or man) is enjoying the battering. Those into S&M, B&D, or D/s however are enjoying themselves.

Any linking of the two is just more of the same sexual persecution by prudish types.

Wrong. People who enjoy that are two fucked up people. That's all there is to it. They seek out other fucked up people to pacify their needs. I guess we should be thankful that there are some who are willing participants because God knows what these people would do otherwise.

People used to denounce sex in any fashion other than the "missionary" position. Woman on top, doggy style, etc. were all denounced as vile, as was oral sex. We got over it. We just need to get over this as well.

If you need a safety word to stop your partner from hurting you, then you and he need therapy. Sorry. The truth hurts.
shows you don't know what you're talking about :thup:

Sorry that the truth hurts. Abuse is unacceptable under any circumstances. Those who like abuse obviously are obviously confused and kind of sick individuals.
Labeling consensual BDSM as 'abuse' shows how uninformed you are.

Here's ChrisL

gladyskravitz_1336.jpg

It's abuse. End of story. If you enjoy inflicting pain on people and you get off on that, you are a fucked up individual no matter how you try and slice it. Referring to people who do not like to be hurt as prudes does not make your case.

============

People used to denounce sex in any fashion other than the "missionary" position. Woman on top, doggy style, etc. were all denounced as vile, as was oral sex. We got over it. We just need to get over this as well.

No, abuse is never acceptable under any circumstances. If you enjoy being abused or abusing others, you are a sick individual. That's all there is to it.

============

Oral sex and positioning are not abuse of another person. Fail.

I do not judge people on their sexual preferences.

Neither do I, but I don't have to think they are normal or healthy because they are not. Abuse is not normal or healthy under ANY circumstances.
Once again, that is your opinion. Other people have opinions that differ from yours.

Some people think having sex with minors is alright too, but we have LAWS against it. Not everything is acceptable to the general population, and yes, you are going to be seen as a weirdo by most people if you engage in abuse of your partner. That is not sex or love. It is abuse and violence under the guise of sex.

Minors are protected because they are not mature enough to give consent. Between consenting adults is a different matter.

Look, if you don't want to be spanked, restrained or whatever, then don't do it. But this judgemental nonsense is a waste of time for you and for them. Perhaps there are those who worry more about what other people think than about their own happiness. I pity those people.

People need to know that it is not a normal thing to want to be hurt or to want to hurt another person. That is violence, not sex.

Whether it is "normal" or not is not actually relevant to the topic. The topic is the claim that BDSM is domestic abuse.

It is certainly not that.

============

Let me explain this in a way you might be able to understand.

I love to cook. If I make dinner and use Ghost Peppers to make the food super spicy, that is inflicting pain on whoever eats it.

If my girlfriend does not like it and I force her to eat it, that is abuse. If she loves spicy food and I make it for her, that is NOT abuse.

It depends on what both consenting adults want.

============

No, abuse is never acceptable under any circumstances. If you enjoy being abused or abusing others, you are a sick individual. That's all there is to it.

"Abuse" is both legally, and in common-usage defined as non-consensual. Sexal behaviours ARE consensual, thus not "abuse."

I agree it's odd to associate pain, or the infliction of it onto your lover as pleasurable, but it's by no means abuse or indicative of something mentally wrong. It's just different. It's as prevalent and common as every other sexual behaviour as we can see looking at ancient erotica. See these behaviours on ancient Pompeian murals right along side "regular" sexual behaviours.

And in many cultures, some of the things are elevated to high art as in Japan with rope bondage.

============

Let me explain this in a way you might be able to understand.

I love to cook. If I make dinner and use Ghost Peppers to make the food super spicy, that is inflicting pain on whoever eats it.

If my girlfriend does not like it and I force her to eat it, that is abuse. If she loves spicy food and I make it for her, that is NOT abuse.

It depends on what both consenting adults want.

That has got to be one of the more stupid analogies I've read on here, and there are a LOT of them going around. No. It is abuse. Domestic violence. Just because it happens to occur during sexcapades does not make it any less despicable. Just because a person finds others that he or she can take advantage of, does not make it any less despicable either.

============

"Abuse" is both legally, and in common-usage defined as non-consensual. Sexal behaviours ARE consensual, thus not "abuse."

I agree it's odd to associate pain, or the infliction of it onto your lover as pleasurable, but it's by no means abuse or indicative of something mentally wrong. It's just different. It's as prevalent and common as every other sexual behaviour as we can see looking at ancient erotica. See these behaviours on ancient Pompeian murals right along side "regular" sexual behaviours.

And in many cultures, some of the things are elevated to high art as in Japan with rope bondage.

Confused and fucked up people are the only people who would "get off" on hurting another person or by being hurt by another person. That's all there is to it.

It's abuse. End of story. If you enjoy inflicting pain on people and you get off on that, you are a fucked up individual no matter how you try and slice it. Referring to people who do not like to be hurt as prudes does not make your case.
end of story" lol. I hate, HATE people who say "end of story" or "bottom line". Those are keywords to mean "you have no argument" lol

Forum List

Back