Protests: Fifty Shades as Glamorizing Domestic Violence

I have had women who asked to be spanked or their hair pulled. Some have wanted it harder than others. I am not into the more strict or harsh BDSM games. I enjoy doing it because it gives pleasure to the woman I am in bed with.
Same here. I just did as they requested as they were hawt :eusa_drool:

I thought you were unsubscribing because you can't handle the heat? :D Are you going to start a thread about me in the Flame Zone now? :D

ChrisL's mischaracterization of such things being abuse reveals her simple (and correctable) ignorance of it. To her eyes, all she sees is the act of hitting and thus she sees "abuse." To the practitioners though it's pleasant and desireable and anything but abuse.

It'd be like calling the sport of boxing or other "hitting" sports abuse or assault.

That has got to be one of the more stupid analogies I've read on here, and there are a LOT of them going around. No. It is abuse. Domestic violence. Just because it happens to occur during sexcapades does not make it any less despicable. Just because a person finds others that he or she can take advantage of, does not make it any less despicable either.

It is a perfectly apt analogy.

You claiming it is abuse is simply your own ignorance concerning BDSM and domestic abuse.

A submissive wants the treatment. That is what separates it from abuse. Who are you to tell them that they are actively participating in abuse, as would be the case if BDSM were actually abuse?

So . . . personal question . . . do you enjoy inflicting pain upon other people? Do you get off on that?

I have had women who asked to be spanked or their hair pulled. Some have wanted it harder than others. I am not into the more strict or harsh BDSM games. I enjoy doing it because it gives pleasure to the woman I am in bed with.

That is completely different than a person who is being tied up, hit with objects, whipped, to the point where they are physically injured. I think, if you were to be honest, you would admit to that.

It is different by degrees. I have left red marks on some lovely ass cheeks. Is that an injury? Is a bruise an injury?

Look we are talking about bondage and physical beatings. I think you know the difference.

ChrisL's mischaracterization of such things being abuse reveals her simple (and correctable) ignorance of it. To her eyes, all she sees is the act of hitting and thus she sees "abuse." To the practitioners though it's pleasant and desireable and anything but abuse.

It'd be like calling the sport of boxing or other "hitting" sports abuse or assault.

Boxers don't get off on it. That is two people of similar height, build and weight, fighting to see who is stronger. Completely different set of circumstances, not at all comparable to tying people up and getting off on hurting them.

"BDSM

* BDSM stands for Bondage, Discipline, Domination/Submission, Sadism/Masochism.
* In a small sample there were no significant differences between BDSM practitioners and the general population on measures of psychopathology, depression, anxiety, OCD, and psychological sadism and masochism. (Connoly 2006)
* A study looking at message board posts found 71% of heterosexual males but only 11% of heterosexual females and 12% of homosexual males prefer a dominant role when engaging in sexual bondage. (Ernulf, 1995.)
* The National Coalition for Sexual Freedom, a national organization committed to supporting the equal rights of consenting adults who practice forms of alternative sexual expression, conducted an informal survey of SM practitioners in 1998-1999. Some survey results are available on the NCSF website, and indicate that SM practitioners may be at greater risk for harassment, violence, and damage to property.(NCSF, 1999)
* 5-10% of the U.S. engages in SM for sexual pleasure on at least an occasional basis (Lowe, 1983).
* 12% of females and 22% of males reported erotic response to a SM story (Kinsey, Martin, Gebhard, 1953).
* 55% of females and 50% of males reported having responded erotically to being bitten (Kinsey, Martin, Gebhard, 1953).
* 14% of men and 11% of women have had some sexual experience with sadomasochism (Janus & Janus, 1993).
* 11% of men and 17% of women reported trying bondage (Lowe, 1983).
"
The Kinsey Institute - Sexuality Information Links - FAQ Related Resources

The % who enduldge in such behaviours are MUCH higher than the LGBT rates. So if we can accept LGBT sexuality, why not something even more prevalent?

Kinsey? Hey, don't you dare use that perverted POS for anything. That guy should have been arrested given some of his "experiments" on children.

I thought you were unsubscribing because you can't handle the heat? :D Are you going to start a thread about me in the Flame Zone now? :D
I can start threads where I want!!! :mad: End of story!!! :p

It is a perfectly apt analogy.

You claiming it is abuse is simply your own ignorance concerning BDSM and domestic abuse.

A submissive wants the treatment. That is what separates it from abuse. Who are you to tell them that they are actively participating in abuse, as would be the case if BDSM were actually abuse?

So . . . personal question . . . do you enjoy inflicting pain upon other people? Do you get off on that?

That is completely different than a person who is being tied up, hit with objects, whipped, to the point where they are physically injured. I think, if you were to be honest, you would admit to that.

It is different by degrees. I have left red marks on some lovely ass cheeks. Is that an injury? Is a bruise an injury?

Look we are talking about bondage and physical beatings. I think you know the difference.

We are talking about domestic abuse. We are talking about the leading cause of hospitalization for women 15 to 45. So your attempt to make spankings and bondage be seen in the same light is ridiculous.

There are hundreds of thousands of women who fear for their lives every single day. They fear beatings, verbal abuse and even death. They are not willing participants, they are captives.

That you even TRY to compare that to what consenting adults do is disgusting.

I can start threads where I want!!! :mad: End of story!!! :p

Of course you can, sweetie. :smiliehug:

We are talking about domestic abuse. We are talking about the leading cause of hospitalization for women 15 to 45. So your attempt to make spankings and bondage be seen in the same light is ridiculous.

There are hundreds of thousands of women who fear for their lives every single day. They fear beatings, verbal abuse and even death. They are not willing participants, they are captives.

Yes, those are people who know that abuse is wrong. There are some people who are confused and misguided. They are sick and need therapy.

Anyone who "gets off" on hurting others has issues. Sorry if that bothers you, but it's the truth in a nutshell. If you like hurting people, you have a problem, even if that person is a willing participant. It's still wrong to inflict pain and abuse on others. Just look at how many people in the US are receiving psychiatric treatment. It isn't surprising that you would be able to find a partner who would confuse sex and love with abuse and violence. It's actually quite sad and depressing, to be honest.

Boxers don't get off on it. That is two people of similar height, build and weight, fighting to see who is stronger. Completely different set of circumstances, not at all comparable to tying people up and getting off on hurting them.

Suit yourself. Your objection though makes me wonder if you're "getting off" objecting to something. You must enjoy it or ya wouldn't be doing it.

Yes, those are people who know that abuse is wrong. There are some people who are confused and misguided. They are sick and need therapy.

Anyone who "gets off" on hurting others has issues. Sorry if that bothers you, but it's the truth in a nutshell. If you like hurting people, you have a problem, even if that person is a willing participant. It's still wrong to inflict pain and abuse on others. Just look at how many people in the US are receiving psychiatric treatment. It isn't surprising that you would be able to find a partner who would confuse sex and love with abuse and violence. It's actually quite sad and depressing, to be honest.

This coming from the woman who insists that if a man is in love with you he would no longer be attracted to anyone else or you would kick him to the curb.

Sorry, but your idea of "normal" and abuse are not even in the ballpark of reality.

again w/ the "abuse" word. Who said anything about abuse? That one woman w/ the phone should have never engaged in said practices because she was ill-suited (not too bright IMO and perhaps her partner as well) One incident does not a trend make :eusa_hand:

Thats like saying one Fox watcher went out and shot cops (true story) so all Fox watchers are sheep. Wait!!!, Thats a bad example because its true.

Suit yourself. Your objection though makes me wonder if you're "getting off" objecting to something. You must enjoy it or ya wouldn't be doing it.

No, just trying to make people realize that it is not sex. It is violence, and these people are getting off on the violence.

This coming from the woman who insists that if a man is in love with you he would no longer be attracted to anyone else or you would kick him to the curb.

Sorry, but your idea of "normal" and abuse are not even in the ballpark of reality.

No, I said I wouldn't be with a man who had the NEED to fantasize about other women in order to have sex with me. I think most women would agree. At least attractive ones. :D

again w/ the "abuse" word. Who said anything about abuse? That one woman w/ the phone should have never engaged in said practices because she was ill-suited (not too bright IMO and perhaps her partner as well) One incident does not a trend make :eusa_hand:

Thats like saying one Fox watcher went out and shot cops (true story) so all Fox watchers are sheep. Wait!!!, Thats a bad example because its true.

Um, when you injure or hurt somebody, THAT is abuse. If a person is a willing participant in said abuse, obviously they have issues.

Hmm. So, according to some on here, my wanting my man to fantasize about ME, makes me fucked up, but getting off on abusing another human being is not. :cuckoo:

No, it just shows your proclivity for saying others are fucked up because they don't do things your way.

Damn, did someone at FOXNews shoot your dog bro, you can't stop whining about them. Pussy

Hmm. So, according to some on here, my wanting my man to fantasize about ME, makes me fucked up, but getting off on abusing another human being is not. :cuckoo:

No, it just shows your proclivity for saying others are fucked up because they don't do things your way.

NO it isn't. It is saying that people who get off on abusing another human being or being abused by another human being are fucked up, and they are.

NO it isn't. It is saying that people who get off on abusing another human being or being abused by another human being are fucked up, and they are.

You poor thing, you've never been spanked have you? :rofl:

Forum List

Back