Protests: Fifty Shades as Glamorizing Domestic Violence

Neither do I, but I don't have to think they are normal or healthy because they are not. Abuse is not normal or healthy under ANY circumstances.
Once again, that is your opinion. Other people have opinions that differ from yours.

Some people think having sex with minors is alright too, but we have LAWS against it. Not everything is acceptable to the general population, and yes, you are going to be seen as a weirdo by most people if you engage in abuse of your partner. That is not sex or love. It is abuse and violence under the guise of sex.

Minors are protected because they are not mature enough to give consent. Between consenting adults is a different matter.

Look, if you don't want to be spanked, restrained or whatever, then don't do it. But this judgemental nonsense is a waste of time for you and for them. Perhaps there are those who worry more about what other people think than about their own happiness. I pity those people.

People need to know that it is not a normal thing to want to be hurt or to want to hurt another person. That is violence, not sex.

Whether it is "normal" or not is not actually relevant to the topic. The topic is the claim that BDSM is domestic abuse.

It is certainly not that.

I disagree. It is a form of domestic violence. Just because a person has found another fucked up person who happens to equate sex and love with violence does not mean they are healthy sexually. In fact, just the opposite.

It's abuse. End of story. If you enjoy inflicting pain on people and you get off on that, you are a fucked up individual no matter how you try and slice it. Referring to people who do not like to be hurt as prudes does not make your case.
end of story" lol. I hate, HATE people who say "end of story" or "bottom line". Those are keywords to mean "you have no argument" lol

Look, I have yet to read anything from you that is even close to negating any of my claims. Hurting other people is abuse. We do not accept abuse in our society. Just because another fucked up person agrees to be abused, doesn't make it okay.

Consensual sexual behaviours are not domestic violence. No battered woman (or man) is enjoying the battering. Those into S&M, B&D, or D/s however are enjoying themselves.

Any linking of the two is just more of the same sexual persecution by prudish types.

Wrong. People who enjoy that are two fucked up people. That's all there is to it. They seek out other fucked up people to pacify their needs. I guess we should be thankful that there are some who are willing participants because God knows what these people would do otherwise.

People used to denounce sex in any fashion other than the "missionary" position. Woman on top, doggy style, etc. were all denounced as vile, as was oral sex. We got over it. We just need to get over this as well.

Oral sex and positioning are not abuse of another person. Fail.

Let me explain this in a way you might be able to understand.

I love to cook. If I make dinner and use Ghost Peppers to make the food super spicy, that is inflicting pain on whoever eats it.

If my girlfriend does not like it and I force her to eat it, that is abuse. If she loves spicy food and I make it for her, that is NOT abuse.

It depends on what both consenting adults want.

That has got to be one of the more stupid analogies I've read on here, and there are a LOT of them going around. No. It is abuse. Domestic violence. Just because it happens to occur during sexcapades does not make it any less despicable. Just because a person finds others that he or she can take advantage of, does not make it any less despicable either.

It is a perfectly apt analogy.

You claiming it is abuse is simply your own ignorance concerning BDSM and domestic abuse.

A submissive wants the treatment. That is what separates it from abuse. Who are you to tell them that they are actively participating in abuse, as would be the case if BDSM were actually abuse?

Wrong. People who enjoy that are two fucked up people. That's all there is to it. They seek out other fucked up people to pacify their needs. I guess we should be thankful that there are some who are willing participants because God knows what these people would do otherwise.

People used to denounce sex in any fashion other than the "missionary" position. Woman on top, doggy style, etc. were all denounced as vile, as was oral sex. We got over it. We just need to get over this as well.

I love to cook. If I make dinner and use Ghost Peppers to make the food super spicy, that is inflicting pain on whoever eats it.

If my girlfriend does not like it and I force her to eat it, that is abuse. If she loves spicy food and I make it for her, that is NOT abuse.

That has got to be one of the more stupid analogies I've read on here, and there are a LOT of them going around. No. It is abuse. Domestic violence. Just because it happens to occur during sexcapades does not make it any less despicable. Just because a person finds others that he or she can take advantage of, does not make it any less despicable either.

You claiming it is abuse is simply your own ignorance concerning BDSM and domestic abuse.

A submissive wants the treatment. That is what separates it from abuse. Who are you to tell them that they are actively participating in abuse, as would be the case if BDSM were actually abuse?

Taking advantage of a fucked up and confused person. STILL abuse.

One thing I've learned from this thread is Chris L is one of the people who it is incapable of safely engaging in the thread topic. She is hatcheting word definitions to suit her ill-informed. preconceived, mindset. Oh well

un-subbed.

So . . . personal question . . . do you enjoy inflicting pain upon other people? Do you get off on that?

Once again, that is your opinion. Other people have opinions that differ from yours.

Some people think having sex with minors is alright too, but we have LAWS against it. Not everything is acceptable to the general population, and yes, you are going to be seen as a weirdo by most people if you engage in abuse of your partner. That is not sex or love. It is abuse and violence under the guise of sex.

Minors are protected because they are not mature enough to give consent. Between consenting adults is a different matter.

Look, if you don't want to be spanked, restrained or whatever, then don't do it. But this judgemental nonsense is a waste of time for you and for them. Perhaps there are those who worry more about what other people think than about their own happiness. I pity those people.

People need to know that it is not a normal thing to want to be hurt or to want to hurt another person. That is violence, not sex.

Whether it is "normal" or not is not actually relevant to the topic. The topic is the claim that BDSM is domestic abuse.

I disagree. It is a form of domestic violence. Just because a person has found another fucked up person who happens to equate sex and love with violence does not mean they are healthy sexually. In fact, just the opposite.

I am not going to debate whether BDSM participants are unhealthy. I have seen numerous articles published by professionals that disagree with you.

But it is NOT abuse if both people are willing, consenting participants. You may not like it. You may THINK it is sick. But it is NOT abuse.

I am not going to debate whether BDSM participants are unhealthy. I have seen numerous articles published by professionals that disagree with you.

But it is NOT abuse if both people are willing, consenting participants. You may not like it. You may THINK it is sick. But it is NOT abuse.

Yes, it is still abuse. If you are inflicting pain on someone, you are abusing them. If they are fucked up enough to agree to it, then you are taking advantage of them as well. Double scummy.

It's abuse. End of story. If you enjoy inflicting pain on people and you get off on that, you are a fucked up individual no matter how you try and slice it. Referring to people who do not like to be hurt as prudes does not make your case.
end of story" lol. I hate, HATE people who say "end of story" or "bottom line". Those are keywords to mean "you have no argument" lol

I'm not surprised to hear about your HATE. Lol.

So . . . personal question . . . do you enjoy inflicting pain upon other people? Do you get off on that?

I have had women who asked to be spanked or their hair pulled. Some have wanted it harder than others. I am not into the more strict or harsh BDSM games. I enjoy doing it because it gives pleasure to the woman I am in bed with.

"BDSM

* BDSM stands for Bondage, Discipline, Domination/Submission, Sadism/Masochism.
* In a small sample there were no significant differences between BDSM practitioners and the general population on measures of psychopathology, depression, anxiety, OCD, and psychological sadism and masochism. (Connoly 2006)
* A study looking at message board posts found 71% of heterosexual males but only 11% of heterosexual females and 12% of homosexual males prefer a dominant role when engaging in sexual bondage. (Ernulf, 1995.)
* The National Coalition for Sexual Freedom, a national organization committed to supporting the equal rights of consenting adults who practice forms of alternative sexual expression, conducted an informal survey of SM practitioners in 1998-1999. Some survey results are available on the NCSF website, and indicate that SM practitioners may be at greater risk for harassment, violence, and damage to property.(NCSF, 1999)
* 5-10% of the U.S. engages in SM for sexual pleasure on at least an occasional basis (Lowe, 1983).
* 12% of females and 22% of males reported erotic response to a SM story (Kinsey, Martin, Gebhard, 1953).
* 55% of females and 50% of males reported having responded erotically to being bitten (Kinsey, Martin, Gebhard, 1953).
* 14% of men and 11% of women have had some sexual experience with sadomasochism (Janus & Janus, 1993).
* 11% of men and 17% of women reported trying bondage (Lowe, 1983).
"
The Kinsey Institute - Sexuality Information Links - FAQ Related Resources

The % who enduldge in such behaviours are MUCH higher than the LGBT rates. So if we can accept LGBT sexuality, why not something even more prevalent?

Yes, it is still abuse. If you are inflicting pain on someone, you are abusing them. If they are fucked up enough to agree to it, then you are taking advantage of them as well. Double scummy.

Mental health professionals disagree. I'll go with their word.

I have had women who asked to be spanked or their hair pulled. Some have wanted it harder than others. I am not into the more strict or harsh BDSM games. I enjoy doing it because it gives pleasure to the woman I am in bed with.

That is completely different than a person who is being tied up, hit with objects, whipped, to the point where they are physically injured. I think, if you were to be honest, you would admit to that.

Considering the judgemental nature of your posts on topics of sexuality, that you mock anyone else for their hate is laughable.

Considering the judgemental nature of your posts on topics of sexuality, that you mock anyone else for their hate is laughable.

I don't hate you perverts. I just think you are fucked up and could use some intensive therapy. Anyone who gets off on abusing people and hurting them is a sick fuck.

Same here. I just did as they requested as they were hawt :eusa_drool:

That is completely different than a person who is being tied up, hit with objects, whipped, to the point where they are physically injured. I think, if you were to be honest, you would admit to that.

It is different by degrees. I have left red marks on some lovely ass cheeks. Is that an injury? Is a bruise an injury?

Mental health professionals disagree. I'll go with their word.

It's domestic violence and control freaks. That's what it's about. Like I said, just because you happen to come across a person who is confused and equates violence with sex doesn't make it okay. It is STILL a form of abuse. You are just doing it with permission. If you get off on hurting others, you have a problem. Sorry.

Forum List

Back