Debate Now Prove your case! Is Homosexuality genetic or a choice?

There is no "case," its definitely not a choice who the fuck youre attracted to. Its a chemical response that you do not control.

You "its a choice" folks are absurd.

"Humans are indeed animals. But, non-human animals do "talk"
You can't have it both ways.

What do you mean you can't have it both ways? Not all animals talk, and those who do are just mimicking, you can't consider that talking. Dogs don't develop languages.
Humans and animals are both part of the Animal Kingdom. Maybe that is where you are getting confused, but it's something that is learned in elementary school.

I didn't attend Hogwarts.

You said, "Humans are indeed animals." If humans are animals, are animals human?
No. Humans and some animals are both mammals that are classified as members of the Animal Kingdom.

Not all animals are mammals, but all animals belong to the Animal Kingdom.
All humans are mammals and belong to the Animal Kingdom.

What do you mean you can't have it both ways? Not all animals talk, and those who do are just mimicking, you can't consider that talking. Dogs don't develop languages.
Humans and animals are both part of the Animal Kingdom. Maybe that is where you are getting confused, but it's something that is learned in elementary school.

Did you attend elementary school?

You said, "Humans are indeed animals." If humans are animals, are animals human?
No. Humans and some animals are both mammals that are classified as members of the Animal Kingdom.

Do you conduct seminars?

You're very smug, aren't you.

Lilah

As mentioned above, you have only three choices on Planet Earth: Animal, Vegetable OR Mineral. Maybe it would help you to understand the truth of that if you were to research it from that point of view.

Lilah

As mentioned above, you have only three choices on Planet Earth: Animal, Vegetable OR Mineral. Maybe it would help you to understand the truth of that if you were to research it from that point of view.

Must everyone hold your beliefs to be true?

There is no "case," its definitely not a choice who the fuck youre attracted to. Its a chemical response that you do not control.

I don't think any straight person, or gay for that matter, sat down with themselves and said:
"OK. Who am I going to be sexually attracted to? Guys or girls? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Yeah I'll go with guys..no wait!! Definitely chicks!.......maybe not though. Guys are fun to hang around with, but then so are girls. Damn I don't know who to choose!! Let me get out a coin....."

Do you conduct seminars?

When I see someone that is truly lacking in information, I try t help them.

You're very smug, aren't you.
Oh, your Hogwart snark was supposed to be sincere? Funny how some people are quick to see in others what they fail to see in themselves.

All actions are a choice, well except for people who lack any higher brain function. Is that what you are saying? You lack the ability to make choices?

Lilah

Must everyone hold your beliefs to be true?

Absolutely not. People can choose to remain ignorant, but it isn't a belief of Luddly's, it's known science.

All actions are a choice, well except for people who lack any higher brain function. Is that what you are saying? You lack the ability to make choices?

I think he's agreeing that homosexuality is not a choice. Straight people don't get up one morning and decide they are going to like/be attracted to the opposite sex, it just is.

I'm sure there are many that practice same-sex sex as a lark/perversion or for other reasons, but it is a fact that there are people who actually are attracted to the same sex and they are born wired that way. It's just crazy for anyone to want to "choose" to be treated the way homosexuals are treated by people who refuse to accept facts.

I think he's agreeing that homosexuality is not a choice. Straight people don't get up one morning and decide they are going to like/be attracted to the opposite sex, it just is.

I'm sure there are many that practice same-sex sex as a lark/perversion or for other reasons, but it is a fact that there are people who actually are attracted to the same sex and they are born wired that way. It's just crazy for anyone to want to "choose" to be treated the way homosexuals are treated by people who refuse to accept facts.
I guess it depends on which definition of homosexuality you are using. I suppose that's the problem. One definition it's an attraction... in another it's a behavior. Two different things.

Homosexual :
1: of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex
2: of, relating to, or involving sexual intercourse between persons of the same sex

Homosexual
: sexually attracted to people of the same sex
3: based on or showing a sexual attraction to people of the same sex

In 1 and 2 above it's a behavior that one can "choose"
In 3 it's an attraction that one just has...

Last edited:

Im talking about attractions, not actions. See, the socially conservative do not understand the nuances of life.

RKMBrown

I could swear you wrote that you agree its NOT a choice but rather a hardwired part of us.

Last edited:
It's obvious. To a straight man, a vagina is like a beautiful flower. To a gay man, it's an open sore.

To a straight man, another man's penis looks nasty, to a gay man, it looks yummy.

That's only one aspect. Add in the fact that a gay man dreams of spending his life with another man and a straight man dreams of having a harem and there you go.

Yes, it really is just that simple.

I could swear you wrote that you agree its NOT a choice but rather a hardwired part of us.
"hardwired?" Sure there are some hard wires, predispositions, but ... most of our hardwires are changeable.
The definition is screwed up. So it leads to "confusion" when people are talking.

Two different definitions is the issue... and apparently the folks who define terms have decided to change the definition of homosexual. From being an action to having an attraction. All actions are choices. Attractions, can be learned and can also be ingrained, chemical and such. For example, aversion to skunk.

Forum List

Back