Debate Now Prove your case! Is Homosexuality genetic or a choice?

There is no "case," its definitely not a choice who the fuck youre attracted to. Its a chemical response that you do not control.

You "its a choice" folks are absurd.
All actions are a choice, well except for people who lack any higher brain function. Is that what you are saying? You lack the ability to make choices?
Im talking about attractions, not actions. See, the socially conservative do not understand the nuances of life.
I understand the nuance. What part of me posting the two different definitions confused you?

There is no "case," its definitely not a choice who the fuck youre attracted to. Its a chemical response that you do not control.

All actions are a choice, well except for people who lack any higher brain function. Is that what you are saying? You lack the ability to make choices?
Im talking about attractions, not actions. See, the socially conservative do not understand the nuances of life.
I understand the nuance. What part of me posting the two different definitions confused you?
The part where you think people can change their "hardwires" of who theyre attracted to.

You said, "Humans are indeed animals." If humans are animals, are animals human?
No. Humans and some animals are both mammals that are classified as members of the Animal Kingdom.

Not all animals are mammals, but all animals belong to the Animal Kingdom.
All humans are mammals and belong to the Animal Kingdom.

Do you conduct seminars?

When I see someone that is truly lacking in information, I try t help them.

Start by looking in the mirror.

"Humans are indeed animals. But, non-human animals do "talk"
You can't have it both ways.

What do you mean you can't have it both ways? Not all animals talk, and those who do are just mimicking, you can't consider that talking. Dogs don't develop languages.
Humans and animals are both part of the Animal Kingdom. Maybe that is where you are getting confused, but it's something that is learned in elementary school.

I didn't attend Hogwarts.

Did you attend elementary school?

You're very smug, aren't you.
Oh, your Hogwart snark was supposed to be sincere? Funny how some people are quick to see in others what they fail to see in themselves.

Did you just have an epiphany?

Lilah

As mentioned above, you have only three choices on Planet Earth: Animal, Vegetable OR Mineral. Maybe it would help you to understand the truth of that if you were to research it from that point of view.

Must everyone hold your beliefs to be true?

Absolutely not. People can choose to remain ignorant, but it isn't a belief of Luddly's, it's known science.

So people who do not hold your values to be true are ignorant?

The part where you think people can change their "hardwires" of who theyre attracted to.
Not all people. But many people can and do master their minds. But if you can't... well there you go. Here's your sign..

Not all people. But many people can and do master their minds. But if you can't... well there you go. Here's your sign..
I wouldnt consider changing my sexual attraction mastering my mind. Its the decision of my body's chemical processes what sex im attracted to, not my conscious thought.

I wouldnt consider changing my sexual attraction mastering my mind. Its the decision of my body's chemical processes what sex im attracted to, not my conscious thought.
Not wanting to change your sexual attraction is your choice then, right?
I would not want you to change that which you do not want to change.
Sex attraction is all chemical? Nah.... Sure there's a part that's chemical but that's not all of it.

My bet is a girl or a guy goes down on you while your asleep your bodies not gonna care.

Attraction is a lot more complicated than it would seem on the surface. There are a number of senses involved, and a lot of data is being processed by your brain.

That's kind of nutty. If I am attracted to brown eyed men how do I change that?

Sex attraction is all chemical? Nah.... Sure there's a part that's chemical but that's not all of it.

My bet is a girl or a guy goes down on you while your asleep your bodies not gonna care.
Thats pretty insane logic there.

Lilah

As mentioned above, you have only three choices on Planet Earth: Animal, Vegetable OR Mineral. Maybe it would help you to understand the truth of that if you were to research it from that point of view.

Must everyone hold your beliefs to be true?

Absolutely not. People can choose to remain ignorant, but it isn't a belief of Luddly's, it's known science.

So people who do not hold your values to be true are ignorant?

Lilah

Not speaking for Mertex but for myself, I'm always open to learning new things so I'm really looking forward to the scientific links you will be posting to support your position.

TIA

:)

First we would have to figure out "why" you are attracted to brown eyed men, then go from there. Just to add... things like "color" are easily fixed, since that is just a visual memory thing.

Wrong. I was just stating facts.

We disagree. And the getting blown while you sleep was a terrible example. I dont know about you but i can be blown to completion and remain asleep. Hell, to evem get hard id have to be having the right dream.

Thats some twisted shit.

We disagree. And the getting blown while you sleep was a terrible example. I dont know about you but i can be blown to completion and remain asleep. Hell, to evem get hard id have to be having the right dream.

Thats some twisted shit.
I see, so you are so "primal" that you can't even consider mastering your mind or the difference between physical stimuli and reasoning. You must be a caveman or something.

First we would have to figure out "why" you are attracted to brown eyed men, then go from there. Just to add... things like "color" are easily fixed, since that is just a visual memory thing.
So you think it is curable?

Thats some twisted shit.
I see, so you are so "primal" that you can't even consider mastering your mind or the difference between physical stimuli and reasoning. You must be a caveman or something.
Your stupid sanctimony leverage youre trying to play is feeble.

"Oh..you cant change who youre sexually attracted to? Then obviously youre not a zen master of your mind man!!"

That is complete and utter derp logic.

So you think it is curable?
Attractions and behaviors are changeable. Curable implies something was wrong in the first place, which is incorrect.

Thats some twisted shit.

"Oh..you cant change who youre sexually attracted to? Then obviously youre not a zen master of your mind man!!"

Just a fact, nimrod.

Thats some twisted shit.

Just a fact, nimrod.
Youve got a pretty loose definition for the word fact.

You sit and meditate and let me know how long it takes you to trick your mind into giving you a boner thinking about a dick.

It will be no worry, you can switch right back to straight right after, zen master.

Tell me how long the boner takes. Maybe you can set a record.

Forum List

Back