Walking in the morning while being black.

It was twilight. 5:30 to 6 am. And a small child was with him. The stop was understandable. Where the cop went after was because he let his emotions get the better of him. I would go after these cops without hesitation
A two day suspension without pay

And not s dime of taxpayer money for the man who was arrested

Last edited:
I regularly go walking for exercise. Carry my phone to listen to music and my keys. Nothing strange about that.
Understood. I’ve also done that. But when asked, if asked, I would explain it and be helpful. I live at X officer, here call my wife. I have my house key right here.

Not….I don’t have to tell you anything. I don’t know my name or DOB. Red Flag much?

3-4am is a time period when many crimes take place

And how many adults bring a child along when they go jogging?

This was a suspicious circumstance

I heard it was 6. But as I posted to someone else, even if it was earlier, some people get up at 4 in the morning. And in the summertime, going for walks when it's cool outside makes sense.

Secondly, jogging? Where did you get that idea, he said in the video he and his son go for early morning walks everyday. I didn't see anything about jogging.

Be careful what you wish for. You seem to be chomping at the bit for a Police State. Maybe China or North Korea would be a good place for you?

Nothing wrong with Police questioning the guy. Would be nothing wrong with the guy saying “I don’t have ID. It’s at home. My name is X, my son Y is with me, we both live at Z”. Again, evasive people often have warrants. You can’t answer your name? DOB? Come on.

But, board experts researched OKLA law and found people don’t have to show ID. Why the Police would arrest him after that for not saying his name or DOB? According to board experts, that is a violation by the Police. OK. Board experts win.

Police could have handled it better, given him a little more time. Could have kept asking questions. Again, perhaps the Police were there for a reason. Perhaps the guy is known? I’ll wait on more facts.

But at this time it appears the board experts win in court. The Police violated his rights. The perp violated the rights of simple cooperation.
He's not a perp if he committed no crime. I am very pro good cop. But I am very anti bad cop.

This cop had his ego hurt so he unjustly attacked an innocent man because he was butthurt.

That's not supportable in any legit world. It just isn't.

This is one of the many reasons why cops are viewed poorly in America. One bad cop erases the good that ten cops have done.

CarolinMich posted a link saying he had traffic warrants. warrants, the number one reason nobody wants to give
ID at least back when the Law was tougher.
I haven't seen a legit link that he had warrants.

Doesn't matter though, so long as what he and his son were doing is legal, which it was, the police have no justification to stop him and question him.

Doesn't matter though, so long as what he and his son were doing is legal, which it was, the police have no justification to stop him and question him.

I copied and pasted from carols’ linked story. Could be false? They had true story wrong compared to video. The left out the part where he did not answer name or DOB. Appeared to be a leftist site.

I copied and pasted from carols’ linked story. Could be false? They had true story wrong compared to video. The left out the part where he did not answer name or DOB. Appeared to be a leftist site.
That's why I discounted it. Too many provably false claims made by them.

But the civil rights are the same for everyone. No cop has the power to willy nilly stop people, question them, demand ID, etc.

The US isn't a police state yet. Though the leftists are trying like he'll to turn us into one.

I heard it was 6. But as I posted to someone else, even if it was earlier, some people get up at 4 in the morning. And in the summertime, going for walks when it's cool outside makes sense.

Secondly, jogging? Where did you get that idea, he said in the video he and his son go for early morning walks everyday. I didn't see anything about jogging.

Be careful what you wish for. You seem to be chomping at the bit for a Police State. Maybe China or North Korea would be a good place for you?
You make it sound as if asking a person for id is a precursor to a police state

You dont think your grandfather’s police dept would not have done exactly the same thing?

A red flag for me is the small child

You say they were walking instead if jogging

Fair enough

How far can a small child walk?

Logically the man should have been close to home

But instead he was in a strange neighborhood

Whats up with that?

That's why I discounted it. Too many provably false claims made by them.

But the civil rights are the same for everyone. No cop has the power to willy nilly stop people, question them, demand ID, etc.

The US isn't a police state yet. Though the leftists are trying like he'll to turn us into one.

What if they are on lookout for XYZ? 6’ white male in the nearby area? They have to be able to stop and question? I understand, Maybe they got out of control here but we still don’t know the whole story. Maybe never will?

I guarantee if they were on the lookout for someone who had threatened a Political hack or a home O relative they would haul everybody in and the boards would call it great work.

Of course it's excessive. There will always be outlier Cops who don't belong on the force. We don't see "viral videos" of the 99 percent of Cops who do a good job and risk their lives to keep citizens safe.
none of those so called good cops do anything to get rid of the bad one, just like his partner did in this case

Apparently he did have some traffic warrants in some other state.

Agreed on the latter, though.

You can't just shake people down until you find someone to arrest for something.

There's a short list of constitutional protections that serve to strictly limit that Gestapo type of behavior.

Reading more on this around the world wide web regarding this specific incident, the man with the government gun let him go after shaking him down and roughing him up, though.

Which I believe is totally WRONG. If you’re not doing anything wrong, there’s no reason to fear identifying yourself. Before you ask… NO, I don’t believe in “innocent until proven guilty” for anyone. I believe the exact opposite, for everyone.

If you had quoted the entire statement… that’s how I believe it should be. I trust nobody. Not my family. Not my wife. Not my coworkers. Nobody.

Walking around with a six year old at odd hours of the day is odd enough to warrant the investigation so far as I’m concerned.
This country will be a better place when old men who think like you do finally die

Forum List

Back