Debate Now Prove your case! Is Homosexuality genetic or a choice?

Not all people. But many people can and do master their minds. But if you can't... well there you go. Here's your sign..
I wouldnt consider changing my sexual attraction mastering my mind. Its the decision of my body's chemical processes what sex im attracted to, not my conscious thought.
Not wanting to change your sexual attraction is your choice then, right?
I would not want you to change that which you do not want to change.
Sex attraction is all chemical? Nah.... Sure there's a part that's chemical but that's not all of it.

My bet is a girl or a guy goes down on you while your asleep your bodies not gonna care.
Thats pretty insane logic there.
Wrong. I was just stating facts.

Those aren't facts, you're just giving your opinion, which is just yours. If you're straight and someone violates your body while you are asleep, you're going to be pretty pissed when you wake up to find out it is someone of the same sex.....maybe you don't care, but that is not the normal behavior.
Who said we were talking about normal behavior. I'm simply pointing out that your conscious mind does in "fact" have sway on your the actions you take when conscious. Hell even your sub-conscious mind can and does have some sway. The actions we take are not "solely" based on chemical stimulus. However, a great many people do prefer to place blame on said chemical stimuli.

Not wanting to change your sexual attraction is your choice then, right?
I would not want you to change that which you do not want to change.
Sex attraction is all chemical? Nah.... Sure there's a part that's chemical but that's not all of it.

My bet is a girl or a guy goes down on you while your asleep your bodies not gonna care.
We disagree. And the getting blown while you sleep was a terrible example. I dont know about you but i can be blown to completion and remain asleep. Hell, to evem get hard id have to be having the right dream.

Thats some twisted shit.
I see, so you are so "primal" that you can't even consider mastering your mind or the difference between physical stimuli and reasoning. You must be a caveman or something.

A sex pervert may not care who causes him physical sexual stimuli, most sensible people do.
Are you supporting my point or GT's point.

Not all people. But many people can and do master their minds. But if you can't... well there you go. Here's your sign..
That's kind of nutty. If I am attracted to brown eyed men how do I change that?
First we would have to figure out "why" you are attracted to brown eyed men, then go from there. Just to add... things like "color" are easily fixed, since that is just a visual memory thing.
So you think it is curable?
Attractions and behaviors are changeable. Curable implies something was wrong in the first place, which is incorrect.
I can see that to an extent. You could smack me every time I was attracted to brown eyes which could make me resist the attraction. But that would not make me attracted to blue eyes. A similar thing would happen with sexual orientation attraction.
It could go much deeper than that. One could rewire your brain to hate the color brown. Lack of sleep, food, and water for an extended period of time all associated with problems caused by the color brown and people who have brown eyes. Then bring in blue... to save the day while rewarding you for any shown attraction to blue items and blue eyed people.

Did you attend elementary school?

You're very smug, aren't you.
Oh, your Hogwart snark was supposed to be sincere? Funny how some people are quick to see in others what they fail to see in themselves.

Did you just have an epiphany?

Are you retarded? We're trying to help you understand that humans are animals, but animals are not human. Quit posting snark and learn something.

Oh, I'm sure Lilah will be along any moment to post scientific proof of her (wacko) beliefs.

:uhoh3:

From which animal did you evolve. Is the question too difficult for you to answer?

Absolutely not. People can choose to remain ignorant, but it isn't a belief of Luddly's, it's known science.

So people who do not hold your values to be true are ignorant?

The fact that humans are animals is not a value....it's a fact. Boy, you're either 8 years old or not very bright.

From which animal did you evolve?

Why are you trying to change the subject?

Why not just post scientific proof that humans are not animals?

Thanks.

She's still googling, trying to find out what type of animal she is.....definitely not a Tiger.

Do you have a tiger complex?

Oh, your Hogwart snark was supposed to be sincere? Funny how some people are quick to see in others what they fail to see in themselves.

Are you retarded? We're trying to help you understand that humans are animals, but animals are not human. Quit posting snark and learn something.

Oh, I'm sure Lilah will be along any moment to post scientific proof of her (wacko) beliefs.

From which animal did you evolve. Is the question too difficult for you to answer?

Lilah

Hiding behind changing the subject won't save you.

You stated humans are not animals. Are you saying you can't post a scientific link that proves that to be true?

You can't do that, can you.

If you wish to talk about something completely different and unrelated to your previous statement, by all means, start a new thread.

Asclepias gave me some great advice yesterday regarding a troll, "don't argue with them."

I offer it up to those here as sage advice.

And ...

arguing-with-idiots-is-like-playing-chess-with-a-pigeon.jpg

Lilah

You stated humans are not animals. Are you saying you can't post a scientific link that proves that to be true?

If you wish to talk about something completely different and unrelated to your previous statement, by all means, start a new thread.

You are inducing very low energy. Try if you can try to be considerate of other people's beliefs.

Lilah

You are inducing very low energy. Try if you can try to be considerate of other people's beliefs.

In other words, let you hold on to wrong information? Why would anyone insist on remaining uninformed? Oh well....to each their own.

I didn't evolve, I was born. Are you still evolving? Seems like it is taking you a long time.........:eek:

We disagree. And the getting blown while you sleep was a terrible example. I dont know about you but i can be blown to completion and remain asleep. Hell, to evem get hard id have to be having the right dream.

Thats some twisted shit.
I see, so you are so "primal" that you can't even consider mastering your mind or the difference between physical stimuli and reasoning. You must be a caveman or something.

A sex pervert may not care who causes him physical sexual stimuli, most sensible people do.
Are you supporting my point or GT's point.

Your point seems to have meandered.......I believe that homosexuals are born wired to be sexually attracted to members of the same sex....it is not a choice.

You first claimed it was not a choice, now you are backpedaling and claiming it is a choice. So, it appears you may be confused.

Lilah

In other words, let you hold on to wrong information? Why would anyone insist on remaining uninformed? Oh well....to each their own.

Thank you, crouching tiger.

I didn't evolve, I was born. Are you still evolving? Seems like it is taking you a long time.........:eek:

Well at least you're honest about not evolving.

That still doesn't mean you're not Animal.........:D

Lilah

Oooh......better a crouching tiger than a vegetable.....potato.

That still doesn't mean you're not Animal.........:D

Are you always so relentless in your attempts to proselytize others into your small-minded way of thinking? You must be exhausted, tiger.

Lilah

Oooh......better a crouching tiger than a vegetable.....potato.

You always speak so hastily. A potato can feed a hungry child, but since you have not evolved, you wouldn't know that, would you?

Definitely a choice. Simply because of absence of such freaks (at least in such quantities) in Christian societies for ages.

Definitely a choice. Simply because of absence of such freaks (at least in such quantities) in Christian societies for ages.

@Igrok doesn't grok ...

Homosexuality has existed in all cultures and all societies and all higher life forms, in all of recorded history.

Forum List

Back