Debate Now Prove your case! Is Homosexuality genetic or a choice?

Oh, I'm sure Lilah will be along any moment to post scientific proof of her (wacko) beliefs.

:uhoh3:

From which animal did you evolve. Is the question too difficult for you to answer?

I didn't evolve, I was born. Are you still evolving? Seems like it is taking you a long time.........:eek:

Well at least you're honest about not evolving.

That still doesn't mean you're not Animal.........:D

Are you always so relentless in your attempts to proselytize others into your small-minded way of thinking? You must be exhausted, tiger.

I really don't give a crap if you wish to remain ignorant....it's not my small-minded way of thinking, it's fact. You must really enjoy being dumb.

Lilah

Hiding behind changing the subject won't save you.

You stated humans are not animals. Are you saying you can't post a scientific link that proves that to be true?

You can't do that, can you.

If you wish to talk about something completely different and unrelated to your previous statement, by all means, start a new thread.

You are inducing very low energy. Try if you can try to be considerate of other people's beliefs.

In other words, let you hold on to wrong information? Why would anyone insist on remaining uninformed? Oh well....to each their own.

Thank you, crouching tiger.

Oooh......better a crouching tiger than a vegetable.....potato.

You always speak so hastily. A potato can feed a hungry child, but since you have not evolved, you wouldn't know that, would you?

Well, why don't you go feed some hungry child instead of posting nonsense here?

Definitely a choice. Simply because of absence of such freaks (at least in such quantities) in Christian societies for ages.

I think the reason you think there weren't any is because they were afraid of coming out and admitting it. They still are in Christian societies....but there are still homosexuals coming out of Christian homes.

Gays don't have children, they use artifice and lawyers to steal it from us that CAN. Wow. Adoption, artificial insemination, cheap stuff.

Gays don't have children, they use artifice and lawyers to steal it from us that CAN. Wow. Adoption, artificial insemination, cheap stuff.

Geez, really? I'm not going to explain it again. You need to read through the thread before making such dumb statements. Gays are just as able to reproduce as straight people. The fact they are gay doesn't take away their reproductive abilities......geez.........Faux News.

Thanks, I feel really stupid. I really needed a reality check, especially after My sister married a man that became transsexual and all that baggage. She had kids with this man BEFORE the freekin fact. I don't need any lectures on this topic.

Thanks, I feel really stupid. I really needed a reality check, especially after My sister married a man that became transsexual and all that baggage. She had kids with this man BEFORE the freekin fact. I don't need any lectures on this topic.

Well, I know most think of them just being with same sex partners, and of course we know they can't reproduce in those relationships, but many gay men hire surrogates and have their own kids, the women (Lesbians) of course can get inseminated and also have kids...but many marry straights in an effort to try and be what society wants them to be, and some do have children before their marriage falls apart.

This insulting, to my intelligence and my moral sense. Gays don't just "have" children. No, they lie, deceive and manipulate. Then, we have a problem.

That's it. No fancy thesis, no viewpoint of my own (yet). All that lies here is a challenge to you the reader to prove the origins of homosexuality. Who here can make the more compelling case for their side?

The rules are as follows:
Homosexuality is only partly genetic with sexuality mostly based on environmental and social factors, scientists believe.

A study found that, while gay men shared similar genetic make-up, it only accounted for 40 per cent of the chance of a man being homosexual.

But scientists say it could still be possible to develop a test to find out if a baby was more likely to be gay. Being homosexual is only partly due to gay gene research finds - Telegraph
they are worthless. Science proves it is neither, so...

you have presented usmb with a set of false choices

next

Last edited:
Could be the wrong question, genetic or choice. What is instead of those two, sexual orientation is simply a learned behaviour? Everything in society is geared towards heterosexuality. It's how kids are raised, how the majority of media entertainments are geared, how we're conditioned from childhood to think. "Someday you'll marry a (opposite-sex person) and get married, raise a family, and live happily ever after."

As with most learning, we learn by imitation. When we see our heterosexual parents hug and kiss or whatever else, most of us imitate that behaviour when we hit puberty with our first relationships seeking opposite-sex persons. But if we were raised without the heterosexual model how would this unfold? Would homosexuals be a 3-5% occurence, or a much higher one if no special emphasis or preference for heterosexuality was what we got taught?

From which animal did you evolve. Is the question too difficult for you to answer?

I didn't evolve, I was born. Are you still evolving? Seems like it is taking you a long time.........:eek:

Well at least you're honest about not evolving.

That still doesn't mean you're not Animal.........:D

Are you always so relentless in your attempts to proselytize others into your small-minded way of thinking? You must be exhausted, tiger.

I really don't give a crap if you wish to remain ignorant....it's not my small-minded way of thinking, it's fact. You must really enjoy being dumb.

You're very Juvenile, insensitive, and annoying. Go away!

You are inducing very low energy. Try if you can try to be considerate of other people's beliefs.

In other words, let you hold on to wrong information? Why would anyone insist on remaining uninformed? Oh well....to each their own.

Thank you, crouching tiger.

Oooh......better a crouching tiger than a vegetable.....potato.

You always speak so hastily. A potato can feed a hungry child, but since you have not evolved, you wouldn't know that, would you?

Well, why don't you go feed some hungry child instead of posting nonsense here?

I do help with child hunger, and if I want to post here, it's none of business, but if you feel intimidated, that's your problem.

There are 100,000 children in the United States pending adoption- the vast majority of whom were abandoned in some way by their biological parents.

33,000 of those children will wait 3 or more years to be adopted.

No homosexual is stealing anything from you- when they step up and adopt a child that you have not adopted.

They are giving the child a family.

We heterosexuals could prevent this entirely- if the rest of you would stop abandoning your children.

This insulting, to my intelligence and my moral sense. Gays don't just "have" children. No, they lie, deceive and manipulate. Then, we have a problem.

Sorry Mary- what you are demonstrating is that you are lying- you have the problem.

Homosexuals do have children. And unlike my heterosexual brethren- they always choose when they have children- no 'oops I am stuck with a baby'.

Lesbian women have children the same way as any other couple does if no one can produce viable sperm- with sperm donations. More heterosexual couples use sperm donations to get pregnant than lesbians do. No lies involved.

Gay men either adopt, or use surrogacy- again like hetero couples where neither partner can carry a baby to term. No lies involved.

The only lies really- are the ones you just told.

Homosexuality is a behavior and not a condition. All through this thread people are all over the board with this and a lot of the talk seems to indicate some people believe homosexuality is something you are born with and out of your control. This is nonsense, and no... it doesn't mean you get up every morning and make a contemplative decision on which sex to be attracted to. That's not what is meant by it being a choice. You don't get up in the morning and decide you're not feeling this whole "morality" bit so you're going to be a promiscuous sexual slut today. You don't get up in the morning and decide you're going to be a pathological liar, a hypochondriac, a kleptomaniac, a sociopath.. those are behavioral conditions.

Behaviors are the result of many factors and each individual is different. Genetics can certainly be an influence. A male born with stronger feminine genetic attributes might be naturally more attracted to males... that's genetic. To act on that attraction by engaging in homosexual relations, is not genetic. That's a personal choice.

One thing that makes us profoundly different from other animals is our ability to control our sexual urges. This silly notion that gay people can't help it, they are born that way and can't control their sexual urges, is preposterous. If humans didn't have the ability to control sexual urges, we wouldn't be able to go out in public without seeing humans mating everywhere.

Homosexuality is a behavior and not a condition. All through this thread people are all over the board with this and a lot of the talk seems to indicate some people believe homosexuality is something you are born with and out of your control. This is nonsense, and no... it doesn't mean you get up every morning and make a contemplative decision on which sex to be attracted to. That's not what is meant by it being a choice. You don't get up in the morning and decide you're not feeling this whole "morality" bit so you're going to be a promiscuous sexual slut today. You don't get up in the morning and decide you're going to be a pathological liar, a hypochondriac, a kleptomaniac, a sociopath.. those are behavioral conditions.

Behaviors are the result of many factors and each individual is different. Genetics can certainly be an influence. A male born with stronger feminine genetic attributes might be naturally more attracted to males... that's genetic. To act on that attraction by engaging in homosexual relations, is not genetic. That's a personal choice.

One thing that makes us profoundly different from other animals is our ability to control our sexual urges. This silly notion that gay people can't help it, they are born that way and can't control their sexual urges, is preposterous. If humans didn't have the ability to control sexual urges, we wouldn't be able to go out in public without seeing humans mating everywhere.

Psychologist regard child molesters, in particular pedophiles, as being incurable. According to those perpetrators who have been interviewed, their actions
are not their personal choices. They claim they are unable to control their sexual urges.

Could be the wrong question, genetic or choice. What is instead of those two, sexual orientation is simply a learned behaviour? Everything in society is geared towards heterosexuality. It's how kids are raised, how the majority of media entertainments are geared, how we're conditioned from childhood to think. "Someday you'll marry a (opposite-sex person) and get married, raise a family, and live happily ever after."

As with most learning, we learn by imitation. When we see our heterosexual parents hug and kiss or whatever else, most of us imitate that behaviour when we hit puberty with our first relationships seeking opposite-sex persons. But if we were raised without the heterosexual model how would this unfold? Would homosexuals be a 3-5% occurence, or a much higher one if no special emphasis or preference for heterosexuality was what we got taught?

Doesn't quite add up though.

If this were true or if this were the deciding factor, there would never have been the very first homosexual. Since heterosexuals produce homosexuals, homosexuals witness very little gay behavior while growing up. That means they have heterosexual behavior to emulate

Many gays try to live as straights, even going so far as to produce children. THAT is behavior.

All of this back and forth does not change one very important fact -

It really doesn't matter if its nature or nurture. If it's between consenting adults, how one chooses to live is no one's business.

Wrong. I was just stating facts.
We disagree. And the getting blown while you sleep was a terrible example. I dont know about you but i can be blown to completion and remain asleep. Hell, to evem get hard id have to be having the right dream.

Thats some twisted shit.
I see, so you are so "primal" that you can't even consider mastering your mind or the difference between physical stimuli and reasoning. You must be a caveman or something.

A sex pervert may not care who causes him physical sexual stimuli, most sensible people do.
Are you supporting my point or GT's point.

Your point seems to have meandered.......I believe that homosexuals are born wired to be sexually attracted to members of the same sex....it is not a choice.

You first claimed it was not a choice, now you are backpedaling and claiming it is a choice. So, it appears you may be confused.
You're just not paying attention. There are two definitions of the term. One definition is talking about choice all people make when they decide to engage in a sex act. The other definition is talking about an aspect of biology that is a choice for strong willed people and is not a choice for weak willed people.

We disagree. And the getting blown while you sleep was a terrible example. I dont know about you but i can be blown to completion and remain asleep. Hell, to evem get hard id have to be having the right dream.

Thats some twisted shit.
I see, so you are so "primal" that you can't even consider mastering your mind or the difference between physical stimuli and reasoning. You must be a caveman or something.

A sex pervert may not care who causes him physical sexual stimuli, most sensible people do.

Your point seems to have meandered.......I believe that homosexuals are born wired to be sexually attracted to members of the same sex....it is not a choice.

You first claimed it was not a choice, now you are backpedaling and claiming it is a choice. So, it appears you may be confused.
You're just not paying attention. There are two definitions of the term. One definition is talking about choice all people make when they decide to engage in a sex act. The other definition is talking about an aspect of biology that is a choice for strong willed people and is not a choice for weak willed people.
Thats idiotic.

Again, meditate and get a boner thinking of a man, and then get back to us Miogi.

Thats some twisted shit.

You're just not making any sense. Give me some links backing your moronic idea that there are two definitions.

Forum List

Back