Public housing nationwide goes smoke-free on Tuesday

Yep, this will work. The residents have no problem breaking current laws with drugs, to many people in an apartment, welfare fraud. I'm sure they will adhere to this.

And the wealthy don't abide by laws either.
What's your point? That has nothing to do with this.

You are saying those in HUD have no problem with breaking laws with drugs and I said neither do the rich.
I said since laws are being broken what makes someone think this law will work Your statement has nothing to do with the conversation.

Sure it does, the rich can smoke in their homes and you are saying it should be against the law in HUD apartments. Is it against the law in Trump Towers??

Yep, this will work. The residents have no problem breaking current laws with drugs, to many people in an apartment, welfare fraud. I'm sure they will adhere to this.

You are saying those in HUD have no problem with breaking laws with drugs and I said neither do the rich.
I said since laws are being broken what makes someone think this law will work Your statement has nothing to do with the conversation.

Sure it does, the rich can smoke in their homes and you are saying it should be against the law in HUD apartments. Is it against the law in Trump Towers??
I'm not saying it should be against the law in hud houses. Jeez, I'm saying the law is silly and will be ignored.Try reading! Are you familiar with sarcasm?

I'm not saying it should be against the law in hud houses. Jeez, I'm saying the law is silly and will be ignored.Try reading! Are you familiar with sarcasm?

No I'm not use to it on this board, and usually I have to see someone's face before I know if they are being sarcastic. According to your avatar, you are a conservatist and most look down on Hud recipients.

No I'm not use to it on this board, and usually I have to see someone's face before I know if they are being sarcastic. According to your avatar, you are a conservatist and most look down on Hud recipients.
You shouldn't assume. I don't look down. I call it like I see it.

Oh now I assume. Welfare fraud, too many in an apt, they have no problems breaking the law, well conservatist have no problem breaking the law, moral and otherwise.

Oh now I assume. Welfare fraud, too many in an apt, they have no problems breaking the law, well conservatist have no problem breaking the law, moral and otherwise.
What I posted is documented fact.

Yes some abuse HUD and some doctors abuse Medicaid and Medicare.

Well smoking is a very expensive habit. If you can afford to buy cigarettes why are you even in public housing?

It's expensive because liberals tax it to death, just like their war on coal with rules and regulations.

Yes some abuse HUD and some doctors abuse Medicaid and Medicare.
Stay on subject Penny.

With new smoking bans, I'm reminded of the Oakland Colliseum Grateful Dead shows in the early '90s; before the band came out some city bureaucrat would come out on stage and announce, "Ladies and gentleman, the city of Oakland has designated the Colliseum a non-smoking facility." At which point the whole audience would roar with laughter and throughout the audience, you could see this epidemic of lighters sparkling all over the place as everyone (especially myself) would immediately light up bongs, joints and cigarettes the moment the announcement was made. You could see these Rorschach patterns of smoke rising up into the air. It was an entertaining near-tradition.

I was denied public housing recently. Why? Because I smoke. Not in the house. Not on the property. OUTSIDE the property. In my car. On the street while IN MY CAR. Managers said nope...if I smoke..no home. Period.
So I asked her if drinkers were ok. Or pot smokers who had a permit for health reasons. She refused to answer me and told me to leave the office. So, I left.
Oh, and she also said their policies are ONE CAR ONLY. We have two. I said I would park the other car at a friends house. She said no, not even if I did that. So..no smoke, no second car. Whats next? Reporting how much toilet paper you use?

Well smoking is a very expensive habit. If you can afford to buy cigarettes why are you even in public housing?

It's expensive because liberals tax it to death, just like their war on coal with rules and regulations.

When smoking is made illegal and there are no tobacco companies left..not even on reservations..they will have to focus on a new MUST NOT DO. Like...barbques even in your back yard or at a beach or park. One child per couple, like China did. Hard liquor. If not, then beer. Trust me...something new MUST be found.

I'm sure some lawyers will grab hold of this and file suit for infringement of rights and freedom of choice. It would be ruled unconstitutional and taxpayers will end up paying the attorney fees.

Well I love smoke free, but one can't tell people what to do in their homes and don't say its not their home because it is.
Is it though?
Who subsidizes it? Who pays for the maintenance on the apartment because the previous tenant destroyed it with cigarettes?

Don't blame Trump, the law was passed in 2016. It shows how a perceived good thing like federally subsidized housing can turn into an autocratic nightmare at the stroke of a pen. You almost gotta laugh that the left wants to legalize marijuana at the same time it declares the he right to arrest (mostly single mothers?) people in federal housing for the crime of smoking a cigarette in their own apartments.

I was denied public housing recently. Why? Because I smoke. Not in the house. Not on the property. OUTSIDE the property. In my car. On the street while IN MY CAR. Managers said nope...if I smoke..no home. Period.
So I asked her if drinkers were ok. Or pot smokers who had a permit for health reasons. She refused to answer me and told me to leave the office. So, I left.
Oh, and she also said their policies are ONE CAR ONLY. We have two. I said I would park the other car at a friends house. She said no, not even if I did that. So..no smoke, no second car. Whats next? Reporting how much toilet paper you use?

And you live and n California, these liberals don't want you to live, they just want you to survive and give them money and votes .

No plastic bags
No straws
Only p c.
No smoking even in bars
Smokez $12 a pack
No American flags on your front lawn
Erase all public history of the Democrats party evil past
Illegals / legals all the same they vote for Democrats

And on and on and on

And that's why ladies and gents the EC will never go away.

Soon...no scented candles to be sold, no incense. No cologne or perfume im malls and large stores. Scent free bodies because it hurts delicate noses.

Meanwhile..in public housing...beer and wine and hard booze is AOK. So is pot. Carpets stinking from spilled booze, wife beaters punching holes in walls while in a drunken stupor. Yes. All those things are just fine and dandy.

Imagine the real world bureaucratic impact of busybodies calling 9-11 because they smell cigarette smoke while junkies are shooting up heroin in the basement.

Soon...no scented candles to be sold, no incense. No cologne or perfume im malls and large stores. Scent free bodies because it hurts delicate noses.

Meanwhile..in public housing...beer and wine and hard booze is AOK. So is pot. Carpets stinking from spilled booze, wife beaters punching holes in walls while in a drunken stupor. Yes. All those things are just fine and dandy.

That's our government. Won't put these people through drug tests, but will stop them smoking in a heartbeat.

When smoking is made illegal and there are no tobacco companies left..not even on reservations..they will have to focus on a new MUST NOT DO. Like...barbques even in your back yard or at a beach or park. One child per couple, like China did. Hard liquor. If not, then beer. Trust me...something new MUST be found.

They will never do that because of how many things are funded with tobacco tax. From the local level all the way to the federal, every government entity benefits by taxing smokers.

Forum List

Back