Public School!

Hated it. I had a math teacher in 5th grade who would rap us on the knuckles with a ruler.

I tested out of my last two years in high school and went to college, where I took CLEP test to pass faster.

Public school was my entire education experience. Overall looking back it was a good experience although as child stress and anxiety were a problem and kept me from achieving my full potential. I had some really fine dedicated teachers who helped me a great deal but also some who were not. I won't elaborate on those. I believe education is a national security issue and yes we need a set of national goals implemented by the local school boards but overseen by well-qualified federal watchdogs.

This article reports on managed growth which is a factor in having good public schools. Experts disagree on how to manage Florida’s massive growth

Last edited:
The Dept. of Education needs to be shut down and the states need to decide how best to educate their citizens.
They already have and you are seeing what they decided was the best way to educate the masses so they can work for the wealthy.

I feel for anyone who wants to teach in the public schools. They have an impossible job regardless of the pay involved.
It's not impossible, but there is not much pay involved.

I tested out of my last two years in high school and went to college, where I took CLEP test to pass faster.
I got all my college credits by taking CLEP. Much later, after law school, I went back and got degrees in history and English.

Thoughts?
We moved to the district we are in specifically because of the schools. The high schools in the district judge themselves not on how many graduate, but how many go to Tier One Research Universities. They are state / national competitors in sports, music, and academics. They have AP programs through ACC and UT, international and engineering programs. If you can't excel in academics they could care less about you.

The Boy graduated with two years of college equivalent allowing him to complete two different majors in 4 years in math/computer science, and went on to a Doctoral at an Ivy League equivalent where they are paying more for him to go to school than I get. The Daughter graduated with similar with a degree in social work and two minors, and is awaiting grad school. Their compatriots went on to Google, the Book of Faces, Chicago art schools and West Point.

I would put the schools in this district against any in the world.

Plus they have an awesome haunted house every year. Yes!

Last edited:
Thoughts?
I went. I learned things.

I didn't have teachers try to convince me I wasn't a boy, I was not indoctrinated with sexual themes from an early age, nobody suffered under the mass psychosis of woke, people were more interested in virtue than virtue signaling, the teachers kept their private lives and politics out of the classroom, and it was much like any other small town education in the 60s.

I went. I learned things.

I didn't have teachers try to convince me I wasn't a boy, I was not indoctrinated with sexual themes from an early age, nobody suffered under the mass psychosis of woke, people were more interested in virtue than virtue signaling, the teachers kept their private lives and politics out of the classroom, and it was much like any other small town education in the 60s.
Sounds pretty much like it is today.

Forum List

Back