Putin crackdown on homegrown Isis jihadis

As I recall we have laws for denying reentry to suspected criminals, terrorists, and other "threats to public safety."
A suspected terrorist could walk into a gun store right now and be out with however many guns he wants in 20 minutes.

I suppose it depends on where. Alaska is quite gun friendly but we still have to wait for a background check, I think it was 30 days though I don't recall.
I live in Virginia. Where the NRA is headquartered. The nearest gunstore is 5 minutes away. I could be back in 25 minutes with however many guns I want.

I also live in Virginia. NRA HQ is just down the road. Go buy your guns. Support Obama's salesmanship. Thank you.

As I recall we have laws for denying reentry to suspected criminals, terrorists, and other "threats to public safety."
A suspected terrorist could walk into a gun store right now and be out with however many guns he wants in 20 minutes.

I suppose it depends on where. Alaska is quite gun friendly but we still have to wait for a background check, I think it was 30 days though I don't recall.
I live in Virginia. Where the NRA is headquartered. The nearest gunstore is 5 minutes away. I could be back in 25 minutes with however many guns I want.

I also live in Virginia. NRA HQ is just down the road. Go buy your guns. Support Obama's salesmanship. Thank you.
I already have a pair of guns. I'm not a bedwetting rube so I won't be running to buy amymore because Obama's going to take my guns any day now. 7 years in, and zero guns taken.

Alright. All the more reason to stop them from coming in/getting back in after terrorist training, don't you think?
Oh you just want to stop ones suspected of receiving terrorist training? Congratulations you are one of the sanest, most reasonable conservatives in America.

I'm not sure I'm a conservative at all frankly. I'm an independent heh

I already have a pair of guns. I'm not a bedwetting rube so I won't be running to buy amymore because Obama's going to take my guns any day now. 7 years in, and zero guns taken.

That's wonderful. You certainly do deserve credit.

How crazy are you anyway?
You don't believe me? Have you been under a rock the last couple weeks when republicans demanded that people on the no fly list be allowed to buy guns?

Senator Ted Kennedy was once on a no fly list. Mistakes are common.

Bbbut the poor terrorists have rights!!!!!! Better get past that thinking, people
Apparently they have the right to go to prison forever..if they survive the arrest!
If they are being arrested by Spetsnaz, they may not survive the arrest.
So true.
The local pigs are going have some tasty Christmas holiday meals.
I saw an ex Spetsnaz once. There is no such thing as equality in the Russian special forces.

You don't believe me? Have you been under a rock the last couple weeks when republicans demanded that people on the no fly list be allowed to buy guns?

That's already been posted. Should've been easy enough for him to clear it up. Meanwhile republicans want to commit all kinds of unconstitutional atrocities against minority races and faiths.

Is this the "foreigners" have constitutional rights argument, or is there some other "atrocities" the right is pushing that I've missed?

In Putinspeak, "Jihadi" means political opponents, regime critics, leaders of break away republic movements, economic enemies and investigative journalists.

That's already been posted. Should've been easy enough for him to clear it up. Meanwhile republicans want to commit all kinds of unconstitutional atrocities against minority races and faiths.

Please list them. I am understandably curious.

Muslim registry, racial profiling, endorsing one religion over others, eliminating birthright citizenship, illegal surveillance, elimination of due process... that's a pretty good start wouldn't you say?

Muslim registry, racial profiling, endorsing one religion over others, eliminating birthright citizenship, illegal surveillance, elimination of due process... that's a pretty good start wouldn't you say?

Muslim registry - I support for all non-citizens. I am not a Republican.

Racial profiling - I support in all cases, including whites. I am not a Republican.

Endorsing one religion over others - who of any import has pushed this one?

Eliminating birthright citizenship - there are legitimate arguments concerning jurisdiction. I am not a Republican.

Illegal surveillance - please elaborate.

Elimination of due process - please elaborate.

For the Senator it was easy to clear up. For others the no fly list journey has been a nightmare for many a good Muslim.

For the Senator it was easy to clear up. For others the no fly list journey has been a nightmare for many a good Muslim.
A republican who believes there are good Muslims? Please go tell your friends. The insanity has to end.

Here you go. It's a real nightmare for many. Check out the last paragraph. This case blew me away because this was just a clerical error on the part of the agent ticking the wrong box and the poor woman had to sue to get herself off the list. The no fly list affected her whole life including her business. YIKES!

"The federal government lacks an effective system for allowing people to get off the no-fly list who are put there by mistake, a federal judge ruled Tuesday.

The ruling came in a lawsuit filed by 13 American citizens and permanent residents, including four military veterans, who have been barred from flights to or from the United States or over U.S. airspace. Many of them have been told they're on the government's no-fly list.

Each of them applied for relief under the Department of Homeland Security's Traveler Redress Inquiry Program, but Judge Anna Brown of Oregon said the program is so lacking in providing fairness that it's unconstitutional.

If the government mistakenly puts someone on the list, the judge said, the redress process "does not provide a meaningful mechanism for travelers who have been denied boarding to correct erroneous information in the government's terrorism databases."

Those who file a complaint are merely told, after the government considers it, that the review has been completed. It does not reveal whether a person's name was on the no-fly list in the past, remains on it or has been removed.

Without knowing what information the government relied on, the judge said, a traveler has no way to contest or correct what may be a mistake. "Without proper notice and an opportunity to be heard, an individual could be doomed to indefinite placement on the no-fly list."

The Obama administration had argued that the risk of errors is low because of extensive quality controls and frequent reviews of the names on the list. But Judge Brown noted the case of Rahinah Ibrahim, a Malaysian architect, who successfully sued when she was wrongly put on the list after a federal agent checked the wrong box on a form."

No-Fly List Offers No Hope for Correcting Mistakes, Judge Rules - NBC News

A republican who believes there are good Muslims? Please go tell your friends. The insanity has to end.

I lived in Toronto for a lot of years :) Many good friends of many faiths from around the world. TO is like a mini United Nations. Quite cool. My kids have to send me ingredients I can't get out here in the middle of nowhere. I can find Grace jerk. Some curries but nothing like what I could find at a grocery store in Toronto. I'm into east and west curries and some of the stuff on the shelves here are so ancient that they've gelled sp? Gross. And no freaking Mr. Goudas!

Sorries. Had a moment there.

:lol:

Forum List

Back