Putin Declares War on the Ukraine

The Russians look at it differently. For many Westerners nuclear weapons are obsolete and dangerous relics of the past epoch. For the modern Russians nuclear weapons (and decisiveness to use them under any circumstances) are the only things that stay between them and a full scale western invasion. They (most of them) love it, the simplest way to achieve some popularity points is to suggest nuke the USA.
The West will never invade russia, russians themselves will eventually topple putin's oligarchy goverment.

republicans under trump have become shameful isolationists shirking America's duty to be the leader of democracy in the Free world and Russia is taking advantage of our downfall from that position.
We are pragmatics. They want us to lead them - they should pay for it.

The West will never invade russia, russians themselves will eventually topple putin's oligarchy goverment.
Actually, many Russians believe that the West already invaded Russia in Chechnya, Ukraine and Belorussia. And the ideology of unlimited NATO expansion, declared by some irresponsible politicians, just ensured them that the Western barbarians want to invade their lands one more time to kill, rape and pillage (as they accustomed).

Document, it's all history read it first read it for yourself and learn. Your trump derangement syndrome is off the wall it should apply to anybody that believes in the line con man. He's the one who's deranged. But here's one for you. www.rollingstone.com Here's What Happened in Syria in the week since trump abandoned The Kurds Oct.14, 2019. ISIS, Russia, Syria, Iran and Turkey are happy. American allies are not. trump has made our allies doubt their relationships with the United States for the first time in history. That was a very shameful and sad day for the United States.
"rollingstone" is far from what I'd call an objective or accurate source on anything other than music and entertainment industry, and even there they have their stilt and bias!

Like me, you are old enough to recall the debacle of SE Asia~Vietnam and there is a case of 30+ years ago where the USA bailed on an ally and caused other nations to doubt their relationship with USA. If you'll also recall, that "bail" was another fine move by you Leftist~psuedo-Liberal~Dumbocrats and it's your faction~ideology~politics which have most often abandoned our allies in the post 1945 world of real-politic.

Note that the Kurds are both an ethnic and religious minority in an area where they are surrounded by Islamic enemies. See the following map and Wiki article for reference.

Kurdish-inhabited_area_by_CIA_%281992%29.jpg

The Kurds have gotten the short end of the stick ever since the end of WWOne and the European drawing of "new" nation boundaries, such as creation of the rump nation of "Iraq"; among others.

The only way to realistically support the Kurds would be the creation of a land-locked nation of their own, which would have been carved out of pieces from neighboring nations and done so at their umbrage. Optimal time for this was during Barry/BHO's time as POTUS but he dropped/deflected that ball leaving a larger mess of that region to fall into Trump's lap.

I don't recall any serious concern or effort on the part of you loonie-Left, psuedo-liberal, Democrats to show care for the Kurds to extent the USA would back such and support it when crossing over other national boundaries to do so.

Start by trying to get a grip on your hypocrisy and non-grasp of reality. Also, without support of Congress and enough of the American public on behalf of the Kurds, Trump would have been off on another agenda lacking popular support. I've no doubt you'd have part of those excoriating him at the time for chasing another "lost cause" and making enemies of our allies by compelling them to give up some of their land for the Kurds to have a state of their own.

FWIW, I support the Kurds and wish USA had the balls to stand by them and support them in nationhood. That window of opportunity was back in the post Iraq(2) war and during Obama's watch. However, it was clear then that too many Americans didn't care for or about the Kurds to take the risks of supporting them.

Also FWIW, my oldest son fought as infantry in Iraq~Baghdad, with the 1st Cav back in 2004-2005 and had high praise for the Kurds as fighters and allies. It is you Dumbocrats whom screwed the pooch on this issue long before Trump came into office.

We are pragmatics. They want us to lead them - they should pay for it.
You're not very pragmatic if you don't think about the long term. That's what's important in the long run and that's what Biden is working on. Keep supporting Russia see how far that gets you it's just playing on American and plain sick. Putin is a psychopath. There's no path forward with him. Only death and destruction.

"rollingstone" is far from what I'd call an objective or accurate source on anything other than music and entertainment industry, and even there they have their stilt and bias!

Like me, you are old enough to recall the debacle of SE Asia~Vietnam and there is a case of 30+ years ago where the USA bailed on an ally and caused other nations to doubt their relationship with USA. If you'll also recall, that "bail" was another fine move by you Leftist~psuedo-Liberal~Dumbocrats and it's your faction~ideology~politics which have most often abandoned our allies in the post 1945 world of real-politic.

Note that the Kurds are both an ethnic and religious minority in an area where they are surrounded by Islamic enemies. See the following map and Wiki article for reference.

Kurdish-inhabited_area_by_CIA_%281992%29.jpg

The Kurds have gotten the short end of the stick ever since the end of WWOne and the European drawing of "new" nation boundaries, such as creation of the rump nation of "Iraq"; among others.

The only way to realistically support the Kurds would be the creation of a land-locked nation of their own, which would have been carved out of pieces from neighboring nations and done so at their umbrage. Optimal time for this was during Barry/BHO's time as POTUS but he dropped/deflected that ball leaving a larger mess of that region to fall into Trump's lap.

I don't recall any serious concern or effort on the part of you loonie-Left, psuedo-liberal, Democrats to show care for the Kurds to extent the USA would back such and support it when crossing over other national boundaries to do so.

Start by trying to get a grip on your hypocrisy and non-grasp of reality. Also, without support of Congress and enough of the American public on behalf of the Kurds, Trump would have been off on another agenda lacking popular support. I've no doubt you'd have part of those excoriating him at the time for chasing another "lost cause" and making enemies of our allies by compelling them to give up some of their land for the Kurds to have a state of their own.

FWIW, I support the Kurds and wish USA had the balls to stand by them and support them in nationhood. That window of opportunity was back in the post Iraq(2) war and during Obama's watch. However, it was clear then that too many Americans didn't care for or about the Kurds to take the risks of supporting them.

Also FWIW, my oldest son fought as infantry in Iraq~Baghdad, with the 1st Cav back in 2004-2005 and had high praise for the Kurds as fighters and allies. It is you Dumbocrats whom screwed the pooch on this issue long before Trump came into office.
An independent State/Nation of Kudistan can not survive if landlocked. It's economic survivial and independence requires access to a saltwater port and the best channel for such might be towards the West~SouthWest through Syria.

Syria already being a "nation" in chaos, it's possible the USA/UN could broker such a national border re-alignment. It's doubtful that Iran will willing join in, and Turkey remains a bit problematic on this issue; hence the region of the Kurds might need to give up some turf to either or both. A pathway through Iraq is too long and would divide that "nation" in halves which would further aggravate the "civil war"/conflicts there.

The most viable pathway would be towards the SouthWest through lands of Syria and Turkey towards Iskendenm.

This offers the shortest and most viable channel to seawater and related port access that would allow for an independent and self-supporting Kurdistan nation.

It's highly probable the Kurds would get support from Israel in such an effort. Further solid backing from the USA would likely cinch the deal through the UN. However, it's doubtful the Biden Admin. would be on board. Hence it may have to wait until the 2024 elections and hopes of another Republican POTUS (Trump?) elected into office to seal USA support and backing.

You're not very pragmatic if you don't think about the long term. That's what's important in the long run and that's what Biden is working on. Keep supporting Russia see how far that gets you it's just playing on American and plain sick. Putin is a psychopath. There's no path forward with him. Only death and destruction.
Biden is also a psychopath, with dementia.
Those of us whom are pragmatic realists don't expect anything positive out of him or his Admin. At best he won't make things greatly worse.

Biden is also a psychopath, with dementia.
Those of us whom are pragmatic realists don't expect anything positive out of him or his Admin. At best he won't make things greatly worse.
There is not anything of psychopath in Biden, you don't know what you're talking about. Biden is able to compromise and works in a bipartisan manner. trump couldn't even begin to do that. It was his way or the highway. Biden is totally stable, every crisis that trump faced cause a meltdown for him. His own staff was considering taking him out of office for his own good and for the safety of the nation. I don't think I have to say more than that. Your comparison is a lie.

Biden will be forced to take some kind of economic action and maybe some military action if these weak assed sanctions don't work. Oil prices are up 62%. EU gets 1/3 of its oil from Russia. They're going to continue buying from Russia just like the US. I think US drivers will be shocked tho!!! Global inflation was already the main issue and just think if it becomes runaway due to this.
For an honest account: Biden’s first set of public sanctions, on Wednesday, were considered to be “toddler sanctions” coined by US media. Yesterday’s set of sanctions (following Putin’s actions) included many more banks and affiliates. These measures will hurt many people instead of hurting Putin directly, reportedly.

Biden should’ve stepped up to the plate for direct dialogue with Putin to iron out a workable agreement. If a world power has the capability to prevent a world war from starting, it should happen. As it appears now, Biden is awaiting further instructions from his incompetent handlers.

For an honest account: Biden’s first set of public sanctions, on Wednesday, were considered to be “toddler sanctions” coined by US media. Yesterday’s set of sanctions (following Putin’s actions) included many more banks and affiliates. These measures will hurt many people instead of hurting Putin directly, reportedly.

Biden should’ve stepped up to the plate for direct dialogue with Putin to iron out a workable agreement. If a world power has the capability to prevent a world war from starting, it should happen. As it appears now, Biden is awaiting further instructions from his incompetent handlers.
Putin is the problem wake up already. He was making unreasonable demands on every nation in Europe. And he never changed his demands he stuck to them there was nowhere to go in diplomacy with him.

Putin is the problem wake up already. He was making unreasonable demands on every nation in Europe. And he never changed his demands he stuck to them there was nowhere to go in diplomacy with him.
You have a selective attention problem. I have stated that both Biden and Putin are to blame for this outcome. Also NATO’s stone silence response for 2 weeks during LSM warnings for war. Various media sources around the world quoting Biden’s position, that US intelligence proved a war was about to happen, going as far to say there was no solution whatsoever, we could do nothing, we were doomed. What a crock of lies! You need wake up.

Feel free to choose to remain on your isolated island Stann. Perhaps a few more leftist blinded misfits will join you. Just think of the nightly meetings you could have, proclaiming only Putin was the actor in this mess! You could be a standard pole bearer! Lol

You have it bass-ackwards.
Russia has been the exporter of "people's revolutions" globally since 1945, far out numbering USA response to such
No.
Russia has not meddled in the pollical/economic affairs of foreign states to the degree the US has since 1945:

1645820265137.jpeg

United States involvement in regime change - Wikipedia

1945–1991: The Cold War[edit]​

1940s[edit]​

1945–1948: South Korea[edit]​

Main articles: United States Army Military Government in Korea, First Republic of Korea, and Syngman Rhee

"The Empire of Japan surrendered to the United States in August 1945, ending the Japanese rule of Korea.

"Under the leadership of Lyuh Woon-Hyung committees throughout Korea formed to coordinate transition to Korean independence.

"On August 28, 1945 these committees formed the temporary national government of Korea, naming it the People's Republic of Korea (PRK) a couple of weeks later.[66][67]

"On September 8, 1945, the United States government landed forces in Korea and thereafter established the United States Army Military Government in Korea (USAMGK) to govern Korea south of the 38th parallel north.

"The USAMGK outlawed the PRK government.[68][69]"

There is no diplomacy with a liar.

You have a selective attention problem. I have stated that both Biden and Putin are to blame for this outcome. Also NATO’s stone silence response for 2 weeks during LSM warnings for war. Various media sources around the world quoting Biden’s position, that US intelligence proved a war was about to happen, going as far to say there was no solution whatsoever, we could do nothing, we were doomed. What a crock of lies! You need wake up.

Feel free to choose to remain on your isolated island Stann. Perhaps a few more leftist blinded misfits will join you. Just think of the nightly meetings you could have, proclaiming only Putin was the actor in this mess! You could be a standard pole bearer! Lol
Putin wanted even Nations like Poland to be pulled out of NATO. He does not have that right to dictate what other nations do. I don't know what kind of problem you have with Biden but it it's ridiculous. If you're trying to defend Putin he's a psychopath there's no defense for him anymore. I'm tired of talking to you I'm going to take a nap so I can work my 12-hour shift tonight goodbye. I work for a living you should try it.

Biden gave his blessing, and Putin invaded.

All Biden's "tough talk" about sanctions is smoke screen, this level of sanctions will take months to make a dent. Otherwise there would be sanctions on Putin, oil, and SWIFT.

If Biden really intended to help Ukraine, he would accept them into NATO immediately. Like NOW.

Forum List

Back