Putin is about to launch the Russian version of Shock & Awe on Ukraine

The Russian generals decided those towns weren't strategically worth occupying or expending soldier's lives to defend the area.
So the Russian army withdrew and redeployed to other areas of the Donbas that were more aligned with the overall Russian battle plan.

Russia lost all that territory on purpose?

Putin isn't calling me up with those numbers, George! (eye roll) Let's just say that it's become a big enough issue that Putin has been forced to call up 300,000 Russian men...give them two weeks training and then send them off to fight against the Ukrainians! A move that is not going over well at home! The Russian people don't get the REAL news...they get whatever Vlad wants them to get but even with the smoke Putin's propagandists are blowing up the Russian public's ass...that public is savvy enough to know that thousands of Russians are dying in the Ukraine and the war is dragging on and on and on! Even more dangerous for Putin however is that the Oligarchs that support him are having property seized around the world and they're being banned from travel or doing business in the West! If those Oligarchs decide that Putin's expansions are "bad for business" then Vlad is walking out on a rather small limb carrying a rather large anvil!
Lol! He's calling up those who have served previously. Which all have. That's like claiming the US was losing in Iraq, or the Stan, because the Pentagon called up Reservists.

Russia didn't lose anything.
That area had no real military or strategic value and thus wasn't worth the men or materials to occupy or defend.

So instead of calming relocating, they ran away? DURR

If Putin is where he wants to be, why is he trying to call up new troops (and failing)?

Lol! He's calling up those who have served previously. Which all have. That's like claiming the US was losing in Iraq, or the Stan, because the Pentagon called up Reservists.
If we'd lost so many troops that the President had to start up a draft to take the dead's place then you'd have to be an idiot to say that you weren't losing!

So, I'm watching this video now. Interesting. Biden dresses down Scott Ritter in the intro while wating for the new team to come on. It is so unbelievable how his intellect has declined.

I think it is a travesty that Congress hasn't used the 25th on him yet. But then . . . we would be stuck with Kamela.

:eusa_think:

I'll mark the video to where it the congressional hearing they recorded is. . .

Oh No, it's starting again, Putin LAUNCHES massive military strike | Redacted with Clayton Morris​

Streamed live 6 hours ago
Air raid sirens blaring all across Ukraine as Russia launches a barrage of attacks on infrastructure targets. Kremlin authorities capture new terrorists trying to destroy the TurkStream pipeline delivering gas to Turkey. Kanye West gets canceled. U.S. sends gun ships to Haiti.

If we'd lost so many troops that the President had to start up a draft to take the dead's place then you'd have to be an idiot to say that you weren't losing!
Who told you it was a "draft"? As opposed to a "general mobilization.."?

I've explained it to you several times but I'll try one more time.
The draft is taking place to fill non combat jobs which require very little training such as truck drivers, cooks, clerks, warehouse and supply positions, etc.
Which frees up the regular soldiers to be deployed to the front lines.

Russia didn't lose anything.
That area had no real military or strategic value and thus wasn't worth the men or materials to occupy or defend.
Russia had to abandon Izium when Ukraine took Kupyansk. That cut the main supply route to Donetsk and Northern Luhansk Oblasts.

Look at this map. The supplies start at Voronezh. They can go west to Stary Oskol or south to Liski. From Stary Oskil they can go to Belgorod or Valuyki, from Liski they can go to Valuyki or Millerovo.

Without Kupyansk, there is no way to supply Izium, and the northern salient of the Donbas offensive fails.

russian rail lines.jpg

So, I'm watching this video now. Interesting. Biden dresses down Scott Ritter in the intro while wating for the new team to come on. It is so unbelievable how his intellect has declined.

I think it is a travesty that Congress hasn't used the 25th on him yet. But then . . . we would be stuck with Kamela.

:eusa_think:

Good video! thanks for posting! :thup:

The draft is taking place to fill non combat jobs which require very little training such as truck drivers, cooks, clerks, warehouse and supply positions, etc.

How many tanks did the Russians lose when they quickly retreated on purpose?

We use a "draft" in the US. They use conscription in Russia.
Although we tend to use the word draft.
The word "draft or drafted" actually means when you receive a letter in the mail telling you when and where to report for induction.
And you are "conscripted" into military service the day when you are officially sworn in.
So now you know.... :salute:

Last edited:
How many tanks did the Russians lose when they quickly retreated on purpose?
I haven't seen a total yet, I think it's around 150 MBT's abandoned or destroyed.

Overall Ukraine has put 450 captured tanks and 600 armored infantry vehicles into service. The second largest donor of tanks is Poland at 230.

Here's a brief tour from Izium, this is just a fraction.

Ukraine stopped all military aged men from leaving its nation on day one. Russia has kept its borders open, and it allows men to avoid the draft if they wish.

I think it is pretty clear to folks with critical thinking who is losing.

Ukraine has used up its reserves in this September offensive, and these latest clandestine affairs, in a show of force, hoping, that NATO will agree to let them in.

IMO? That was dumb, and suicidal.

The moment they did so, it changed Putin's attitude on this whole conflict from a feckless Neville Chamberlain to a Winston Churchill type attitude.

The day Ukraine bombed that bridge, is the day they lost this war.

Non combat jobs are always there, Sunni...an army can't exist without them. So are you claiming that Russia needs to replace theirs? That means one of two things...that their non combat troops are deserting or surrendering...or that they are being used as combat troops because so many combat troops have been killed.

Ukraine stopped all military aged men from leaving its nation on day one. Russia has kept its borders open, and it allows men to avoid the draft if they wish.

I think it is pretty clear to folks with critical thinking who is losing.

Ukraine has used up its reserves in this September offensive, and these latest clandestine affairs, in a show of force, hoping, that NATO will agree to let them in.

IMO? That was dumb, and suicidal.

The moment they did so, it changed Putin's attitude on this whole conflict from a feckless Neville Chamberlain to a Winston Churchill type attitude.

The day Ukraine bombed that bridge, is the day they lost this war.
Did you really just claim that Russia allows men to avoid the draft if they wish?

Non combat jobs are always there, Sunni...an army can't exist without them. So are you claiming that Russia needs to replace theirs? That means one of two things...that their non combat troops are deserting or surrendering...or that they are being used as combat troops because so many combat troops have been killed.
Obviously you've never served in the military and I'm not going to spend anymore of my time trying to school you on the subject.

Forum List

Back