🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Putin Owns Obama..

At that time, Iraq was an Arch Enemy of the US. Of course our government would support any country not hostile to the US which was in conflict with Iran.
So what? That was 30 years ago. 100% different situation.
If you want to go down that road, it was the US military that went to what was then Yugoslavia to assist Muslims who were being exterminated. Things were different back then. Our people defended them and rescued them. 20 years later they shit all over us.
So what is your point?
We were once allied with Russia in WWII....We are now allied with Japan and Italy.

Which puts on display your comprehension of geopolitics is nil at best.

:lol:
Oh? How so? Don't just come on here and shit out a one liner.
Explain it. Expound upon your statement.
Otherwise you are arguing to argue. In which case your New York liberal arrogance is a bunch of sunshine blowing up someone's ass.
I studied History.
You had "social studies"....Big difference. History is fact. Social Studies is opinion.

Your first line was incorrect.

Iraq wasn't always an arch enemy of the US. Quite the contrary. It's pretty possible that the CIA helped Hussien into power. He was a secular, pro western dictator with an eye on building up his country as a large power in the middle east. That was in keeping with US interests as they wanted their oil. Reagan/Bush helped them a great deal during the Iran/Iraq conflict, and, supplied both sides with arms.

Your second line is also incorrect.

Muslims in the former Yugoslavia had nothing to do with September 11th attacks. That's part and parcel with the ridiculous mindset held by conservatives. That the world is one big blob dedicated to taking their stuff.

You fucked up completely..twice.

That's basically why I posted your acumen in geopolitical issues was nil.

just went to a concert for amnesty international.

Pussy riot were there and they described some pretty horrific conditions in putin's russia.

It's amazing anyone in this country thinks we even come close to suffering the civil rights violations in that country.

barclays center :: Amnesty international bringing human rights home

it's not amazing...it's ods.

ods?

Otherwise you are arguing to argue. In which case your New York liberal arrogance is a bunch of sunshine blowing up someone's ass.
I studied History.
You had "social studies"....Big difference. History is fact. Social Studies is opinion.

Iraq wasn't always an arch enemy of the US. Quite the contrary. It's pretty possible that the CIA helped Hussien into power. He was a secular, pro western dictator with an eye on building up his country as a large power in the middle east. That was in keeping with US interests as they wanted their oil. Reagan/Bush helped them a great deal during the Iran/Iraq conflict, and, supplied both sides with arms.

Muslims in the former Yugoslavia had nothing to do with September 11th attacks. That's part and parcel with the ridiculous mindset held by conservatives. That the world is one big blob dedicated to taking their stuff.

You're arguing with me based on "Its pretty possible"?

Iraq became an enemy once the Shah was deposed and the Iranian government led by religious fanatics took American hostages.
Please stop with the oil nonsense. The fact is American oil companies educated the Arabs and Persians on how to harvest their oil. That happened years before.
I never mentioned 9/11, did I? You made that leap. As if the only terror attack by Muslims against American interests was 9/11. Stop it.
The Muslim world hates us because we align with Israel. Period. Muslims HATE Jews. The extremists cannot budge Israel. So they come after us.
"Big blob"? Where do you get this stuff?
Why the harsh language? I'm having a civil debate with you and you are getting angry.
Anyway, you are stabbing at a galloping horse here. You're wrong.
We're done. No response is needed from you on this matter because it will go unread.

I studied History.

"Basically"?

I studied History.

Iraq became an enemy once the Shah was deposed and the Iranian government led by religious fanatics took American hostages.
Please stop with the oil nonsense. The fact is American oil companies educated the Arabs and Persians on how to harvest their oil. That happened years before.
I never mentioned 9/11, did I? You made that leap. As if the only terror attack by Muslims against American interests was 9/11. Stop it.
The Muslim world hates us because we align with Israel. Period. Muslims HATE Jews. The extremists cannot budge Israel. So they come after us.
Why the harsh language? I'm having a civil debate with you and you are getting angry.
We're done. No response is needed from you on this matter because it will go unread.

I think you mean Iran. The Shah was deposed early in 1979. Yet the hostage weren't taken until late in 79, after the Shah was allowed in the US for treatment of his cancer. Did you know that the US embassy was taken over once before and the Ayatollah sent in forces to free it?

Iraq was a Soviet client state. Until they invaded Iran. The Soviets put a blockade on military supplies. We were not getting oil from Iraq. Even when we started importing Iraqi oil it wasn't that much, still isn't

The Teicher Affidavit: Iraq-Gate

Oil is central to our foreign policy in the ME. No getting around that. Our overall goal is to keep control of the oil in the hands of governments friendly to Western interest.

"Ancient History": U.S. Conduct in the Middle East Since World War Il and the Folly Of Intervention

This is what. you get when you elect a soft president. the world. is making a fool of Obama .

This is pathetic when Putin. invades the Ukraine and Obama. just.... well don't. do a damn thing

obama opened his mouth and Putin put a boot in it. obama's big punishment is that obama is not attending the G8. Maybe Andrea Merkle can help obama find a way out.

It's funny watching the right take joke in a guy who is more of a dictator than there false claims of Obama being one.
Anything and anyone they will support if they attack the other side that they hate.

How sad we are as a nation.

"This is my last election. After my election, I have more flexibility.”

Appease. Appease. Appease. How sad in deed.

Unless obama has a prior agreement to not attend the G8 obama's refusal to go will further isolate the US. Although at this point having this fool represent us is the worst thing to do.

obama opened his mouth and Putin put a boot in it. obama's big punishment is that obama is not attending the G8. Maybe Andrea Merkle can help obama find a way out.

Putin is Obamas bitch

If Obama sucks so badly then why couldn't a Republican beat him?

Because every Republican candidate was even worse.

What cracks me up is that last week, the same ignorant rw's were repeating the bile from limbaugh/fux that Obama is a dictator, running roughshod over us all.

THIS week, however, limbaugh/fux are saying he's weak so, sure nuff, they're repeating that. By rote. Like the good little automatons they are.

obama is like a lot of abusive men. They keep their abuse at home and cower when facing a real man. Instead of going to the G8 obama is going to hide under the bed. Maybe Susan Rice will go around explaining his sick headache.

I can understand not getting everything right but obama has not done one single thing except watch Putin run rings around him.

What cracks me up is that last week, the same ignorant rw's were repeating the bile from limbaugh/fux that Obama is a dictator, running roughshod over us all.

THIS week, however, limbaugh/fux are saying he's weak so, sure nuff, they're repeating that. By rote. Like the good little automatons they are.

.....and yet Schultz/Maddow combined can't hold a candle. Check the ratings.

I think you mean Iran. The Shah was deposed early in 1979. Yet the hostage weren't taken until late in 79, after the Shah was allowed in the US for treatment of his cancer. Did you know that the US embassy was taken over once before and the Ayatollah sent in forces to free it?

Iraq was a Soviet client state. Until they invaded Iran. The Soviets put a blockade on military supplies. We were not getting oil from Iraq. Even when we started importing Iraqi oil it wasn't that much, still isn't

The Teicher Affidavit: Iraq-Gate

Oil is central to our foreign policy in the ME. No getting around that. Our overall goal is to keep control of the oil in the hands of governments friendly to Western interest.

"Ancient History": U.S. Conduct in the Middle East Since World War Il and the Folly Of Intervention

[MENTION=23165]thereisnospoon[/MENTION] probably hasn't the foggiest idea how the Shah came to power in Iran either..which he thought was Iraq.

1953 Iranian coup d'état - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep. Spooks from the US and England done it.

I studied History.

"Basically"?

Did I post nil?

Excuse me.

I meant non-existent.

Of course the jackass thing and everything else here is controversy/pubcrappe/ratings media BS.

The OP shows how the ignorant, gossipy, arrogant, ugly American, chickenhawk, immature GOP suqs at diplomacy and foreign policy- then they take their isolationist ball and go home like they did between the wars- another disaster...

I am always so glad when you post. While everyone here knows you have the IQ of a moldy grapefruit, to new posters your amazing idiocy can be a shocking initial experience. With that in mind, it's great an idiot like you has the politics you do, because your idiocy is a perfect representation of the politics you espouse and others who vote like you do.

Oh, and you must have really sucked as a teacher. The only reason you kept your job was because of a union saving you and your destruction of countless kids minds. Look at your grammar, wow! You truly are an idiot in every sense of the word. You should really quit trying to think, because it clearly does not work for you.

Putin is Obamas bitch

you keep believing that.
The facts say otherwise.
Putin is ignoring Obama.
Obama would look pretty darned good right now if he'd enact sanctions right now. Freeze Russian assets. Another thing he could do is approve Keystone XL...Now stay with me.
On CNBC today an analyst stated that in order for Russian Oil companies to make money, the price has to remain over $100/barrel.
If keystone is approved, it is almost a certainty there will be a sell off of futures contracts as well as purchases of Puts in the oil market.
A sliding oil price hurts Russia. This may make Putin back off.
Make no mistake, Obama is just a character in a play here. So is Putin.
This is a very dangerous situation. This could trigger a military conflict in Eastern Europe that could spin out of control.
This invasion, and it IS an invasion, is being described by Russia as a reaction to the unrest in Ukraine which is endangering ethnic Russians. Putin has declared the right to invade Ukraine to protect those people.
That's not the real reason. The fact is, Putin wants eastern Ukraine's industrial and infrastructure.
Allowed to continue, Putin will move with an armed occupation of more Ukranian territory.
As far as international pressure is concerned, I do not think Putin gives a shit.
Obama's failure to act swiftly with at least an economic response makes us here in the States look weak.

Forum List

Back