Putin Pulls American Troops Out of Afghanistan

The vast majority of the American people want our troops out of worthless wars like Syria, and Afghanistan. Obama promised to do it yet again lied, and didn't. Trump is doing the right thing, and fulfilling his promises.

Send the troops to our southern border. STOP the useless, failed policy of Nation Building. It never works.

On Russian state TV Putin applauded Trump's announcement that we were pulling out forces out of Syria. He was virtually the only high profile figure that did so. He went on to demand that we pull out of Afghanistan as well

The next day Trump announced Afghanistan withdrawal.

Who's pulling the strings? It's pretty obvious
T
On Russian state TV Putin applauded Trump's announcement that we were pulling out forces out of Syria. He was virtually the only high profile figure that did so. He went on to demand that we pull out of Afghanistan as well

The next day Trump announced Afghanistan withdrawal.

Who's pulling the strings? It's pretty obvious
What's obvious is your mental shortcomings.

Trump has been harder than Obama on Russia: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/07/trump_obama_and_russia__a_litany_of_hypocrisies.html

LOL

ridiculous.

American Thinker is a right wing propaganda source that does what all conservatives do; spin, lie, deceive....

So what did they say that was not true?

When you have a highly respected general resign because the President is to stupid to handle foreign policy maybe you on the right should at least try and do some thinking. Granted you will most likely divert to what Putin wants as I have seen the exact same comments on this board that the report showed the exact same thing. It should make you wonder where you get you news and ideas from.

A highly respected general did not resign. He is a highly respected retired general. That doesn't mean he cannot see the political gain in the process of pulling the troops out after a war is won, and a war that many thought to be illegal.

On the one hand he applauds the Syria pull out but then challenges Trump by pointing out that in spite of promises to leave Afghanistan we have not done so.

The next day Trump announces...an Afghanistan pull out

We've only been over there for 17 years. We won WW2 in 4 years.

We won WWII with the assistance of many other countries, and we were fighting a defined enemy.

German, Italian, and Japanese soldiers didn't run into a building, stash their weapon and then walk back out wondering why the Americans were shooting!

On the one hand he applauds the Syria pull out but then challenges Trump by pointing out that in spite of promises to leave Afghanistan we have not done so.

The next day Trump announces...an Afghanistan pull out

We've only been over there for 17 years. We won WW2 in 4 years.
And then spent the next 50 occupying the countries we conquered.
That's the difference. We should have obliterated Afghanistan and set up a provisional government.

Uh, that's exactly what we did. Did you sleep through the war?

this is trump world

reality tv show

instead of working with our generals and secretary of defense and allies to remove troops in an organized, least harmful way,

our showman tv star does it via tweet....

while Putin is grinning ear to ear...

and you trumpsters see nothing wrong with that...?

this is trump world

reality tv show

instead of working with our generals and secretary of defense and allies to remove troops in an organized, least harmful way,

Russia Russia Russia.

Latest reports are only about 2000 ISIS left in Syria.............We don't need to keep 2000 troops in Syria to finish that many off.........It's not an army.

this is trump world

reality tv show

Russia Russia Russia.

Latest reports are only about 2000 ISIS left in Syria.............We don't need to keep 2000 troops in Syria to finish that many off.........It's not an army.
How many were in Iraq when we left?

this is trump world

reality tv show

Russia Russia Russia.

How many were in Iraq when we left?
This is discussion is about Syria and the remnants of ISIS there.............You want a thread on Iraq I suggest you do so...............

The decision was to pull out of Syria............you looked at a map lately..........

OMG I can't believe the Op had the balls to post this horse shit.
So Putin didn't demand that we pull out of Afghanistan?

It was on Russian TV

Trump didn't announce the next day that we would do exactly that?

What am I missing?
I heard not long ago that the Afghanistan "revolutionaries," terrorists, whatever we want to call them, are primarily tribal and are not interested in exporting their war outside their own territory. However, I've also heard Al Qaeda is still pretty strong over there, so I don't know that I believe it's harmless to let them have their head.

I heard not long ago that the Afghanistan "revolutionaries," terrorists, whatever we want to call them, are primarily tribal and are not interested in exporting their war outside their own territory. However, I've also heard Al Qaeda is still pretty strong over there, so I don't know that I believe it's harmless to let them have their head.

There are no totally right, nor totally wrong answers with this stuff. It is all about probability, and doing what you believe poses the least risk for the U.S. Also we must take the lives of our military personnel, and cost to the taxpayer into consideration.

What return have we received as a country from a security perspective from being in Syria, Afghanistan, and Iraq? Has it been worth the lives, injuries, and money?

It is easy to play Monday morning quarterback with the hindsight we have now, but my thought is we cut our losses, and gradually draw our troops out of many of these areas.

There are no totally right, nor totally wrong answers with this stuff. It is all about probability, and doing what you believe poses the least risk for the U.S. Also we must take the lives of our military personnel, and cost to the taxpayer into consideration.

What return have we received as a country from a security perspective from being in Syria, Afghanistan, and Iraq? Has it been worth the lives, injuries, and money?

It is easy to play Monday morning quarterback with the hindsight we have now, but my thought is we cut our losses, and gradually draw our troops out of many of these areas.
I agree, I think. We can't beat radical Islam with guns. It will take Muslims to defeat its own extremist and violent sect. If only they would be like the early Pilgrims--set up their own communities and leave everyone else to hell alone. But I suppose that would be too easy.

I agree, I think. We can't beat radical Islam with guns. It will take Muslims to defeat its own extremist and violent sect. If only they would be like the early Pilgrims--set up their own communities and leave everyone else to hell alone. But I suppose that would be too easy.

Time, and time again the Non-Radical Muslims never hold the Radical Muslims accountable, and neither publicly, nor privately chastise them for their extreme violence. I don't have an answer how to stop Radical Muslims. All they understand is violence, and look at appeasement as very weak, and enabling.

Instead of occupying foreign countries, and trying to nation build, I would be willing to just try more surgical strikes on the perpetrators of terrorism.

The Taliban has nothing to gain by letting al-Qaida back into town....they've been eating American steel for 18 years for doing that before. It would have been nice to have won that war but Pakistan gave them safe-haven much like Cambodia gave the VC sanctuary and Pakistan has nukes. Our saving grace is once Americans occupy a country, that country is changed forever....look at Japan, look at S.Korea, and Vietnam. Modern society is American the world over and someday it will reach the Middle East.

Time, and time again the Non-Radical Muslims never hold the Radical Muslims accountable, and neither publicly, nor privately chastise them for their extreme violence. I don't have an answer how to stop Radical Muslims. All they understand is violence, and look at appeasement as very weak, and enabling.

Instead of occupying foreign countries, and trying to nation build, I would be willing to just try more surgical strikes on the perpetrators of terrorism.
I hear Non-Radical Muslims publicly chastising and condemning terrorism all the time. Every single time there is a strike. They are highly active.

I hear Non-Radical Muslims publicly chastising and condemning terrorism all the time. Every single time there is a strike. They are highly active.

Where are you "hearing" this? U.S.? Europe? Middle East? I'm not. If they are chastising the Radicals are they doing anything or just talking?

Forum List

Back