Putin Vows Stronger Military To Counter NATO

Isn't that what caused the collapse of the Soviet Union?

I don't think so. I think that in the end a state controlled system of capital allocation couldn't grow an economy as fast as supply side economics (or removing big govt from capital allocation). Since Russia would be starving without energy exports, I think today is a different game

Free markets, with selected controls, are superior, no question on that.

I just don't see any economic sanction affecting Putin so long as someone is willing to pay close to market dollar for his energy. As long as Russians have affordable sausage and vodka.

Russia is only a shell of the former Soviet Union - and the Afghan Mujahideen defeated the Soviet Union.

Would these be the same people we armed and trained? The ones the left likes to call the Taliban when talking about Reagan?

Well, to be fair back in 79 and the 80s I wondered WTF we were arming these crazies. But the first I heard of Taliban was during Slick's second term.

I don't think so. I think that in the end a state controlled system of capital allocation couldn't grow an economy as fast as supply side economics (or removing big govt from capital allocation). Since Russia would be starving without energy exports, I think today is a different game

I just don't see any economic sanction affecting Putin so long as someone is willing to pay close to market dollar for his energy. As long as Russians have affordable sausage and vodka.

He caved, the Russian Federation voted for the UN resolution, he'll sacrifice the approval of Russian separatists to stay in power. Perhaps many Russians think of Ukrainian Russians as some do those that swarm into the US.

Putin ain't happy. Also sounds like the sanctions are getting under his skin.

Except Barry hasn't touched Putin's bank accounts...he's been very careful not to poke the bear he fears. And until Putin's BILLIONS (that he stole from his oil industry) are in play, he won't feel a thing....he couldn't care less about his oligarch pals....they bitch he steals their assets and sends them to Siberia.

Last edited:

He caved, the Russian Federation voted for the UN resolution, he'll sacrifice the approval of Russian separatists to stay in power. Perhaps many Russians think of Ukrainian Russians as some do those that swarm into the US.

The UN thing didn't force him to do anything. He's still arming the insurgents.

Forum List

Back