Q1 2019 watch - if under 3.0% - where is Trump’s economic miracle - can Trump beat O’s 2.9% ever?

Obama had quarters in the 4%s didn’t he?

Did he? Wow! His weakest recovery since WWII must have been awesome!
Did he or did he not have quarters in the 4%s?

Has trump exceeded 3% in his first two years? Answer the questions

Obama tears TrumpO up on GDP growth per quarter.

View attachment 258084

Yes that is a 4.9 and 5.1 back to back..
What's the source of that garbage?
Those are real numbers dude. Look it up
I have. Those numbers don't resemble the ones I've seen.
Oh good, then maybe you can help us out by providing a more accurate source. Please show is what your source has for 2014 Q2 and Q3 GDP numbers.

Did he or did he not have quarters in the 4%s?

Has trump exceeded 3% in his first two years? Answer the questions

View attachment 258084

Oh good, then maybe you can help us out by providing a more accurate source. Please show is what your source has for 2014 Q2 and Q3 GDP numbers.
ROFL! Sorry, but It's not my job to disprove a source you haven't even named.

View attachment 258084

It is your job if you want to win the argument. But I’ll name the source so you don’t have any more excuses.

You can waive the white flag now.

U.S.: real GDP growth by quarter 2011-2018 | Statista

Bruce_T_Laney, post: 22273830
Obama took office in 2009 and had a 60 Democrat Vote Senate ....

Maybe next time you won’t lie:
  • On January 20th, 2009, 57 Senate seats were held by Democrats with 2 Independents (Bernie Sanders and Joe Lieberman) caucusing with the Democrats...which gave Democrats 59 mostly-reliable Democratic votes in the Senate, one shy of filibuster-proof “total control.” Republicans held 41 seats. An aside....it was during this time that Obama’s “stimulus” was passed. No Republicans in the House voted for the stimulus. However, in the Senate.....and because Democrats didn’t have “total control” of that chamber.....three Republicans.....Snowe, Collins and Specter, voted to break a filibuster guaranteeing it’s passage.
  • Did President Obama have “total control’ of Congress during his first two years as president? Absolutely not and any assertions to the contrary.....as you can plainly see in the above chronology....is a lie.
  • The swearing in of Kirk finally gave Democrats 60 votes (at least potentially) in the Senate. “Total control” of Congress by Democrats lasted all of 4 months. From September 24, 2009 through February 4, 2010...at which point Scott Brown, a Republican, was sworn in to replace Kennedy’s Massachusetts seat.

Alright, so I was one off from the 60 mark but at least I knew what year Obama took office unlike your boy Dean there.

Also it must suck to hear those numbers yesterday about the Economy...

Again, I will admit I was one off on my comment and will not deny it, but will Dean admit he was wrong about the year Obama took office?

Of course not and why?

Simple, Dean is never wrong even when he is most of the time!
Wrong about what?

D5FupF_X4AA32pn

View attachment 258084

So now that the source has been presented, can you give us your source that you claimed had different numbers?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

You are all aglow with a 3,2 quarter for Trump

Yes, Trump's +3.2% is much better than Obama's -1.0%

A fucking liar is what you are and you prove it in every economic thread.

Have you no shame at all?

-1% Q1 growth is a cherrypicked number from 2014 and 2011 and those were the ONLY negative growth Qs since the end of recession.

-1% Q1 growth is a cherrypicked number from 2014 and 2011

The whiney OP was discussing Trump's 9th quarter predicted GDP.
Said that if it was below 3%, it was proof of Trump's failure.
Obama's 9th quarter was -1.0%. Trump's ended up at +3.2%.

Which number was better?

...there is ZERO connection between "Obama's 9th quarter" and Trump's 9th quarter - THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT ECONOMIES. Trump didn't start 1st Q, he started on Obama's last.

You don't want to compare their performance? That's a shocker!
Sure, one led us out of a recession and into the longest streak of job growth in U.S. history while the other is riding that wave.

Sure, one led us out of a recession

Yeah, that weak recovery was weak.....

You are all aglow with a 3,2 quarter for Trump

Yes, Trump's +3.2% is much better than Obama's -1.0%

-1% Q1 growth is a cherrypicked number from 2014 and 2011 and those were the ONLY negative growth Qs since the end of recession.

Which number was better?

...there is ZERO connection between "Obama's 9th quarter" and Trump's 9th quarter - THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT ECONOMIES. Trump didn't start 1st Q, he started on Obama's last.

Like any honest, inteligent person I want to compare THEIR POLICY, not simply underlying economy that belive it or not exists with or without some one guy in the WH.

Like any honest, inteligent person I want to compare THEIR POLICY,

Excellent idea. What Obama policies prevented the next Great Depression?

Which number was better?

Like any honest, inteligent person I want to compare THEIR POLICY, not simply underlying economy that belive it or not exists with or without some one guy in the WH.

...I really don't know what the fuck is going on in that little politico rat brain of yours but it ain't healthy.

On regulatory side Obama passed
Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act - Wikipedia

Will it prevent all recessions here on out? No one knows....now what did Trump do?

Last edited:

Which number was better?

...I really don't know what the fuck is going on in that little politico rat brain of yours but it ain't healthy.

What does your question about some imagined Great Depression have to do with the discussion?

I always see liberals claiming that Obama's economic policies saved us from a second Great Depression.

Are you smarter than the typical liberal?

What does your question about some imagined Great Depression have to do with the discussion?

I always see liberals claiming that Obama's economic policies saved us from a second Great Depression.

No you don't always and I've never claimed that we would have an all out Great Depression level of contraction. But like I said, if he didn't embrace expansionary policies he did we would have considerably less growth and a lot more pain out of the recession.

It is your job if you want to win the argument. But I’ll name the source so you don’t have any more excuses.

No, it' snot my job. Your job is to provide an actual source. Otherwise, shut the fuck up.

No, it' snot my job. Your job is to provide an actual source. Otherwise, shut the fuck up.

...He just did dummy.

No you don't always and I've never claimed that we would have an all out Great Depression level of contraction. But like I said, if he didn't embrace expansionary policies he did we would have considerably less growth and a lot more pain out of the recession.

No you don't always

I do.

I've never claimed that we would have an all out Great Depression level of contraction.

You're smarter than the typical liberal. Low bar, I know.

No you don't always

I do.

I've never claimed that we would have an all out Great Depression level of contraction.

You're smarter than the typical liberal. Low bar, I know.

Alrighty, let me know when you are done talking to imaginary liberals and want to respond to something I said.

...there is ZERO connection between "Obama's 9th quarter" and Trump's 9th quarter - THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT ECONOMIES.

Trump didn't start on 1st Q in the middle of Great Recession, he started on Obama's last Q - a heathy, growing economy,

Actually, the Great Recession started in Dec of 2007 and ended less than 5 Months into the Lying Cocksucker's disease-ridden term in office.

And you think saying that contradicts....what?

Obama started out with a Great Recession on his hands and it would have been a whole lot deeper if he wasn't on board with the bailout's Bush adminsitration started, QE on monetary side and Stimulus on fiscal side.
Horseshit. Obama's schemes made it worse, not better.
It's always amusing when the USMB's fucking moron chimes in.

latest_numbers_CES0000000001_2008_2019_all_period_M03_data.gif
A moron is someone who believes that graph supports your claim.
It shows a steady rise in employment for the last 9 years. You know, what fucking morons call a slow recovery.

No one could have recovered much faster, if at all faster, given the structural damage to the economy. Obama did what needed to be done, which was to dump a shit load of money into the economy to keep it from slipping into a depression; to give time to the private sector to get back on its feet. At the same time, the Federal Reserve did what they had to do by dropping the federal fund rate to its lowest possible rate. All that helped turn the economy around, which began climbing out of the crater in 2010.

No, our economy began its recovery in 2nd quarter of 2009. In previous recessions, we recovered much quicker than the 2007/2008 recession. President Obama's recovery brought back a word used to describe the economy of President Carter, malaise.
Bush's Great Recession was far worse than any other since the Great Depression.
Oh please you guys are so full of shit, Bush inherited a bad recession after silicon valley imploded in the late 90s......calm down bro
You mean the recession that started after Bush became president? The one that likely wouldn't have even been a recession if not for 9.11?
Technically the recession didn't start until Bush, but I meant when Silcon Valley started to implode BEFORE Bush became President

Dot-com bubble - Wikipedia

The burst of the bubble, known as the dot-com crash, lasted from March 11, 2000, to October 9, 2002.[
March 11, 2000, who was the President of the United States?
Wikipedia??

:lmao:

Regardless, at least you show Bush didn't inherit a recession. Even you admit it started after he became president and you can't inherit something that didn't exist before your presidency.

Which number was better?

Sure, one led us out of a recession and into the longest streak of job growth in U.S. history while the other is riding that wave.

If this is a weak recovery, how come the rate of growth is no greater now under trump than it was under Obama?

Last edited:

Which number was better?

If this is a weak recovery, how come the rate of growth is no greater now under trump than it was under Obama?

If this is a weak recovery,

Weakest recovery since WWII.

If this is a weak recovery,

Weakest recovery since WWII.
Your refusal to answer my question already answered for you.

Forum List

Back