Qanon shaman...likely to get a new trial considering the government withheld video evidence from the defense....

Prosecutors said their investigation was ongoing at that time. They didn't have all the evidence they would obtain after BuffaloHead pleaded guilty. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this evidence was among the evidence later obtained; I don't know if it was or if it wasn’t -- but neither do the posters here claiming prosecutors had this and didn't turn it over to the defense.
If their investigation was on-going, they shouldn’t have been charging people. They denied him due process.

The process is supposed to be, 1) crime. 2) determine suspects. 3) investigate subjects. 4) build an air-tight case. 5) prefer charges. 6) arrest suspect. 6) Indict suspect. 7) Try suspect.
in these cases the process was 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 3, 4.

The process is supposed to be, 1) crime. 2) determine suspects. 3) investigate subjects. 4) build an air-tight case. 5) prefer charges. 6) arrest suspect. 6) Indict suspect. 7) Try suspect.
in these cases the process was 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 3, 4.
The case against Chansley was air tight, that’s why he pled guilty.

That’s sort of what happens when you break into the Capitol wearing horns.

The Trumpsters are siding with the Proud Boys and the Qanon guy.

That about says it all.
The point raised in the proud boy’s trial wasn’t that he didn’t commit a crime. It was that it shed a light on the FBI fabricating, hiding and destroying evidence and lying under oath.

The officer who followed him into the Senate floor is in video asking him to leave, but he didn’t.

If we had audio of them following him around, I’d bet that they were telling him numerous times to leave.

There is video of that conversation. And I already told you what was said.

The guy who wore the indian headdress in the capitol will likely get a new trial......the prosecution withheld video evidence from the defense....

Albert Watkins, whose client Jacob Chansley pleaded guilty to felony charges in connection with the Capitol riot and was sentenced to 41 months in prison, said Department of Justice prosecutors were legally bound to turn over the footage. Clips shown on Carlson’s Fox News Channel program show Chansley walking freely and peaceably through the building, often accompanied by multiple police officers.

“We did not receive that video footage,” Watkins said. “We asked for it, and not just once or twice. Whether we asked for it or not is irrelevant because the government had an absolute, non-compromisible duty to disclose that video and they did not do so.”

“And all the while, they were actively representing to the court and the American people that Jake was a leader, leading the charge into the Capitol,” he said. “They did not disclose that footage because it ran contrary to their rote narrative.”
------

Court filings in Chansley’s case corroborate Watkins’ claim that he repeatedly asked for all videos of his client.

“Our position is that the government must identify any evidence it believes to capture [defendant], regardless of whether it intends to rely on the same in its case in chief,” one said.

Another look.....

This is why, perhaps, they refused to share the video with Chansley’s lawyer, which among other things violates his constitutional rights, big time. They are supposed to disclose all such materials in discovery, and failing to is prosecutorial misconduct.
----
Ed noted before we knew this tidbit:

If true, and I believe that it is extremely likely that it is, then the DOJ lawyers involved should be in some serious legal jeopardy. At least if there is a semblance of legal integrity left in the federal government.

I am no lawyer, but what is at issue is something called Brady Disclosure, named after a case where theSupreme Court ruled that the government provide any exculpatory evidence to defendants in criminal cases.

The ruling was necessary, obviously, because prosecutors can be very…enthusiastic…about winning their cases and didn’t always disclose facts that would undermine their cases, leading to people being convicted based upon flawed or incomplete evidence.

He should also get $10 million from Chuck Schumer , Nancy Pelosi and the leaders of BLM

The BLM lawyer who has no integrity and is a disgrace …Benjamin Crump… should give the shaman $5 million.

The BLM lawyer who has no integrity and is a disgrace …Benjamin Crump… should give the shaman $5 million.
No.

Listen carefully.

Jim Jordan should not be investigating J6. We already know what happened on J6.

Jim Jordan, should be asking WHO COORDINATED THE LEFTARD MAYORS during the Summer of Love.

Because THAT was a criminal conspiracy.

And the public doesn't yet know who did it. Hillary? George Soros? WHO told the leftard mayors to make the cops stand down? Who FUNDED the food and medical support that were already in place BEFORE every riot started? Who told the prosecutors to abandon criminal terror charges in favor of insignificant misdemeanors?

THAT is what needs investigating. Not J6.

No matter what somebody thinks about the politics of the shaman. This guy Deserve maybe a week or two in jail. It’s no different than a BLM member dressing up in a costume illegally entering the government building and I’m literally just walking around peacefully. So here’s a case simply put where the crime does not fit a punishment. I don’t care if the guy supports BLM I don’t care if the guy is a communist I don’t care if you guys are Nazi, I don’t care at the guys with QAnon. If any of these types of people illegally enter a government building and walk around it they get a few weeks in jail if that.

Tucker Carlson is a hero. And the shaman owes him quite a bit because without Tucker this new evidence would not have been brought to light.

No matter what somebody thinks about the politics of the shaman. This guy Deserve maybe a week or two in jail. It’s no different than a BLM member dressing up in a costume illegally entering the government building and I’m literally just walking around peacefully. So here’s a case simply put where the crime does not fit a punishment. I don’t care if the guy supports BLM I don’t care if the guy is a communist I don’t care if you guys are Nazi, I don’t care at the guys with QAnon. If any of these types of people illegally enter a government building and walk around it they get a few weeks in jail if that.

Tucker Carlson is a hero. And the shaman owes him quite a bit because without Tucker this new evidence would not have been brought to light.

Oh? Did he get BuffaloHead out of prison?

I want to hear it myself. I trust you as much as I trust Carlson.
Please refer to post #330.

Go tell your masters.

It's coming.

There's a money trail, which is more than the Dems had for J6.

There are text messages and emails.

There is lots and lots and LOTS of juicy video footage. Including the Vice President of the United States financially supporting domestic terror.

You think J6 was fun? Wait till we open up on the Summer of Love.

I want to see 36 leftard mayors testifying UNDER OATH.

The guy who wore the indian headdress in the capitol will likely get a new trial......the prosecution withheld video evidence from the defense....

Albert Watkins, whose client Jacob Chansley pleaded guilty to felony charges in connection with the Capitol riot and was sentenced to 41 months in prison, said Department of Justice prosecutors were legally bound to turn over the footage. Clips shown on Carlson’s Fox News Channel program show Chansley walking freely and peaceably through the building, often accompanied by multiple police officers.

“We did not receive that video footage,” Watkins said. “We asked for it, and not just once or twice. Whether we asked for it or not is irrelevant because the government had an absolute, non-compromisible duty to disclose that video and they did not do so.”

“And all the while, they were actively representing to the court and the American people that Jake was a leader, leading the charge into the Capitol,” he said. “They did not disclose that footage because it ran contrary to their rote narrative.”
------

Court filings in Chansley’s case corroborate Watkins’ claim that he repeatedly asked for all videos of his client.

“Our position is that the government must identify any evidence it believes to capture [defendant], regardless of whether it intends to rely on the same in its case in chief,” one said.

Another look.....

This is why, perhaps, they refused to share the video with Chansley’s lawyer, which among other things violates his constitutional rights, big time. They are supposed to disclose all such materials in discovery, and failing to is prosecutorial misconduct.
----
Ed noted before we knew this tidbit:

If true, and I believe that it is extremely likely that it is, then the DOJ lawyers involved should be in some serious legal jeopardy. At least if there is a semblance of legal integrity left in the federal government.

I am no lawyer, but what is at issue is something called Brady Disclosure, named after a case where theSupreme Court ruled that the government provide any exculpatory evidence to defendants in criminal cases.

The ruling was necessary, obviously, because prosecutors can be very…enthusiastic…about winning their cases and didn’t always disclose facts that would undermine their cases, leading to people being convicted based upon flawed or incomplete evidence.

The daily wire and "hot air"
1678426860899.gif
Loo

Forum List

Back