Question about Noah.

Doesn't it seem obvious that you don't understand what you read?
???....no.....I think pretty much everyone here read it the same way........
I'm not aware that you are tasked with making such assessments.

I understand reading and reading comprehension is difficult for you but reading one sentence out of an entire article and coming to conclusions with that is pretty much expected from those who only seek to reinforce their fundamentalist views.
???....it isn't one sentence out of an entire article......it is #2 of her "Here are some points to note:"........and I think its pretty obvious that "she is not our common ancestor" and "she is the most recent common ancestor of all humans alive" are contradictory.......
It's one sentence out of an entire article. I'm afraid that your lies won't prevent others from reading the larger content.

"The ME represents that woman whose mitochondrial DNA (with mutations) exists in all the humans now living on Earth. That does not mean that she is our lone woman ancestor. We have ancestors who are not via matrilineal descent. For example, our father's mother (who did pass on her mitochondrial DNA to her daughters) is an example of an ancestor who is not matrilineal to us. However, she did exist at one time and was probably of the same age as our mother's mother, who is a matrilineal ancestor of ours and from whom we got our mitochondrial DNA."

You feel really stupid for lying, right?
lying about what?......her DNA exists in all humans now living.....the fact we also have other ancestors doesn't change the fact that she is THE ancestor that all of us have in common......that would in fact make her our common ancestor........is that difficult for you to understand?......

that means my father and my mother are descended from her, as is my wife and both my adopted children.....my grandparents, my wife's grandparents and the birth parents of both my children......your parents, your grandparents......every single person who reads this board......

in the context of this thread......if there was a flood.....and everyone that existed prior to the flood was killed......nothing at all would change.......
There was no flood. You're desperately hoping to do damage control as the timeline of mitochondrial DNA is in direct contradiction to bible tales of floods, Arks, magical gawds and fruit theft from magical gardens.

Here's another of her "points to note" which you may find of interest, since you earlier expressed some disbelief regarding the existence of a ME.....
"The existence of the Mitochondrial Eve is NOT a theory; it is a mathematical fact".........
Watch yourself there, fundie dude.

The existence of Mitochondrial Eve is in direct contradiction to your biblical flood tales, tales and fables of eternal damnation for fruit theft and your bible tales of a 6,000 year old earth.

What's a YEC'ist to do?
see what I mean?.....you're incapable of coming up with an argument that isn't dependent on pretending I'm a young earther......that's why you can't win an argument.....
See what I mean? You're unable to present a consistent argument because anything that contradicts your fantasy world of a 6,000 year old planet is rejected as conspiracy.

What is truly laughable about YEC'ism is the lack of any affirmative description of what “creationist doctrine” really is, other than mindless reiteration of biblical tales and fables.

As we see with regularity, YEC'ists can offer no explanations (other than regurgitating their fundamentalist Christian dogma) of how life developed on the planet. They have found no physical evidence for any of their gawds. Very simply, creationism is nothing more than a window dressing for fundamentalist christianity.

???....no.....I think pretty much everyone here read it the same way........

I understand reading and reading comprehension is difficult for you but reading one sentence out of an entire article and coming to conclusions with that is pretty much expected from those who only seek to reinforce their fundamentalist views.
???....it isn't one sentence out of an entire article......it is #2 of her "Here are some points to note:"........and I think its pretty obvious that "she is not our common ancestor" and "she is the most recent common ancestor of all humans alive" are contradictory.......
It's one sentence out of an entire article. I'm afraid that your lies won't prevent others from reading the larger content.

"The ME represents that woman whose mitochondrial DNA (with mutations) exists in all the humans now living on Earth. That does not mean that she is our lone woman ancestor. We have ancestors who are not via matrilineal descent. For example, our father's mother (who did pass on her mitochondrial DNA to her daughters) is an example of an ancestor who is not matrilineal to us. However, she did exist at one time and was probably of the same age as our mother's mother, who is a matrilineal ancestor of ours and from whom we got our mitochondrial DNA."

lying about what?......her DNA exists in all humans now living.....the fact we also have other ancestors doesn't change the fact that she is THE ancestor that all of us have in common......that would in fact make her our common ancestor........is that difficult for you to understand?......

that means my father and my mother are descended from her, as is my wife and both my adopted children.....my grandparents, my wife's grandparents and the birth parents of both my children......your parents, your grandparents......every single person who reads this board......

in the context of this thread......if there was a flood.....and everyone that existed prior to the flood was killed......nothing at all would change.......
There was no flood. You're desperately hoping to do damage control as the timeline of mitochondrial DNA is in direct contradiction to bible tales of floods, Arks, magical gawds and fruit theft from magical gardens.
isn't it direct evidence that somewhere between 50k and 500k years ago all of humanity descended from a single woman?.......isn't there also direct evidence in the ancestral stories from Australia, South America, Africa, and Asia that in ancient times floods killed all but a handful of survivors?......everyone alive descended from a flood survivor in Africa who we call Mitochondrial Eve.......don't deny science......

Here's another of her "points to note" which you may find of interest, since you earlier expressed some disbelief regarding the existence of a ME.....
"The existence of the Mitochondrial Eve is NOT a theory; it is a mathematical fact".........

The existence of Mitochondrial Eve is in direct contradiction to your biblical flood tales, tales and fables of eternal damnation for fruit theft and your bible tales of a 6,000 year old earth.

What's a YEC'ist to do?
see what I mean?.....you're incapable of coming up with an argument that isn't dependent on pretending I'm a young earther......that's why you can't win an argument.....
See what I mean? You're unable to present a consistent argument because anything that contradicts your fantasy world of a 6,000 year old planet is rejected as conspiracy.

What is truly laughable about YEC'ism is the lack of any affirmative description of what “creationist doctrine” really is, other than mindless reiteration of biblical tales and fables.

As we see with regularity, YEC'ists can offer no explanations (other than regurgitating their fundamentalist Christian dogma) of how life developed on the planet. They have found no physical evidence for any of their gawds. Very simply, creationism is nothing more than a window dressing for fundamentalist christianity.
.....once again your only argument is that you want to pretend I believe in a young earth......why is it you have no other arguments?.....

What's a YEC'ist to do?

.....once again your only argument is that you want to pretend I believe in a young earth......why is it you have no other arguments?.....
What little attempt at argument you can muster is in defense of YEC'ists dogma.

You don't seem to be able to comprehend that disagreements with regard to tales and fables in the bibles is between people who have different views of the same tales and fables.The particular perspective which you might have, or the leaders at your madrassah might have, do not have any special status. Your YEC'ist views are just boilerplate typical among fundamentalists

isn't it direct evidence that somewhere between 50k and 500k years ago all of humanity descended from a single woman?.......isn't there also direct evidence in the ancestral stories from Australia, South America, Africa, and Asia that in ancient times floods killed all but a handful of survivors?......everyone alive descended from a flood survivor in Africa who we call Mitochondrial Eve.......don't deny science......
You're still hoping to salvage any bit of your earlier comments that were nothing more than your inability to comprehend more than a single sentence in a lengthy article.

You still haven't read the article and been able to proceed past your YEC'ist views relative to Ark tales and a planet far older than 6,000 years.

It can be solved with the information in Genesis.
The very first sentence is, "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Period. There are no 24 hour days yet. That whole process can not be be calculated in earth time, because while there was an earth, there was no earth time yet, or time spent on making the earth habitable for humans yet. That comes later.
So lets put that first sentence in scientific terms.
We live in a big galaxy. And it spins at an incredible 490,000 miles an hour. And even at that speed it takes 200 million years just to make one rotation.

And then He created a billion more of them, while earth remained void and in the dark. How ever long it took him to finish all of that, that is how old the earth is.
^
God created all of that in eternal time, which we have no way of calculating. And then, after that, He turned His concentration on our home, earth. The power source of God, The Holy Spirit, moved over earth's surface when God said to and that movement created light. But only when God separated the light from the darkness did night and day occur. Everything up to that point was still being done in eternal time, not Rolex time.

In fact, our concept of time doesn't occur until Genesis 1:14
Genesis 1:14-19
14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day

We try to measure the age of the earth by the timeline that wasn't even established until the fourth day of earth's renovation (not creation). We can't. Earth was created before there was a delineation of time. Man was created after it.
How old is earth? We need to look at God's watch for that answer, not Timex.

Last edited:
It can be solved with the information in Genesis.
The very first sentence is, "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Period. There are no 24 hour days yet. That whole process can not be be calculated in earth time, because while there was an earth, there was no earth time yet, or time spent on making the earth habitable for humans yet. That comes later.
So lets put that first sentence in scientific terms.
We live in a big galaxy. And it spins at an incredible 490,000 miles an hour. And even at that speed it takes 200 million years just to make one rotation.

And then He created a billion more of them. In fact, science says that there are more stars than all of the grains of sand on every beach on earth. How ever long it took him to finish all of that, that is how old the earth is.
^
God created all of that in eternal time, which we have no way of calculating. And then he He turned His concentration on our home, earth. The power source of God, The Holy Spirit, moved when God said to and that movement created light. But only when God separated the light from the darkness did night and day occur. Everything up to that point was done in eternal time, not Rolex time.

In fact, our concept of time doesn't occur until Genesis 1:14
Genesis 1:14-19
14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day

We try to measure the age of the earth by the timeline that wasn't even established until the fourth day. We can't. Earth was created before there was a delineation of time.
How old is earth? We need to look at God's watch for that answer, not Timex.
Thank all of the gawds for the Enlightenment.

lol@Proph. Be nice to Hollie. Her scientists think she may be DEvolving now. I hope she's fond of bananas. :itsok:
The bananas reference is pretty typical for ignorant fundamentalists trying to make the monkeys / evolution association.

I'm a child of the Most High. It hard to relate to a monkey, but one good thing about devolving, you're already used to slinging shit at people.... ;)
Lewd, crude and rude. Now there's an example of the Religion of Hate.

Forum List

Back