Question about Noah.

There was a layer of water in the heavens. It filtered the suns rays, and created a terrarium effect, a perfect growing atmosphere. It had never rained before the flood. And the rest came from underground.
:)
Which is the view that is promoted on Christian fundamentalist websites.

How sad that you have bought in to that fraud.

That is because it is in the Bible.
Genesis 2: 4-6
These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens and every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

The fact that the Qur'an does not correct the biblical account of Noah, but to the contrary reiterates it, should be enough proof for you that Noah built an ark. We'll tackle the snake thing as soon as you admit that Noah built an ark according to you. Because you read it in the Koran, your book of truth. It is you that insists that the Quran tells the truth, right?
And it tells you that Noah built an ark. Therefore you believe that Noah built the ark. Either that, or you believe that the Quran can't be trusted. Which is it?
Your eternal salvation is at stake. You can convert and embrace the holy text that has perfected your corrupt religion or you can spend eternity as an infidel among ISIL.

Which is it?
Well, hell, if you think the Quran is full of garbage, I'm going to trust your judgment!
No thanks Quran, I'll stick with the one true God, The God of Abraham!
That's a false gawd. A false book gave you a false gawd.

If it is so false why is the book of Daniel and Revelation coming true right before our very eyes and in the order that they were written?

There was a layer of water in the heavens. It filtered the suns rays, and created a terrarium effect, a perfect growing atmosphere. It had never rained before the flood. And the rest came from underground.

These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens and every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

Sorry, but literal rendering of biblical tales and fables are drenched in inconsistencies, errors and yes, absurdities.

I've posted it before.

The fact that the Qur'an does not correct the biblical account of Noah, but to the contrary reiterates it, should be enough proof for you that Noah built an ark. We'll tackle the snake thing as soon as you admit that Noah built an ark according to you. Because you read it in the Koran, your book of truth. It is you that insists that the Quran tells the truth, right?
And it tells you that Noah built an ark. Therefore you believe that Noah built the ark. Either that, or you believe that the Quran can't be trusted. Which is it?
Your eternal salvation is at stake. You can convert and embrace the holy text that has perfected your corrupt religion or you can spend eternity as an infidel among ISIL.

Which is it?
Well, hell, if you think the Quran is full of garbage, I'm going to trust your judgment!
No thanks Quran, I'll stick with the one true God, The God of Abraham!
That's a false gawd. A false book gave you a false gawd.

If it is so false why is the book of Daniel and Revelation coming true right before our very eyes and in the order that they were written?
I have no reason to accept that what you claim is true.

Have you read Daniel and Revelation Hollie?
If you have then look at what is happing right now in the world.

I don't doubt that if you're looking to find correlations you will find them. But honestly, how is that helpful? Are you prepping for the Endtimes?

Christianity is only one religion of others which claim to predict the Endtimes. As the tale unfolds, a god created existence in only 6 days, but did so in such a way to make it look immensely old and left massive clues to support that belief... and this god put forth a test to only two humans without (at least in terms of the Judeo-Christian god) giving them neither the ability to make a considered choice nor did he bother to tell them the consequences would extend to every person born after them... and this god then inspired a book but did not allow the original to last in case the condemned-to-damnation humans worship those texts... and allowed copies of copies to multiply so that huge civilizations would clash with one another over interpretations... and this god then comes down to earth as a human to act as a mediator to experience human weakness and pain and sin that he created in the first place anyway, and he's letting billions upon billions of people suffer thusly and choose eternal damnation on an ongoing basis in order to satisfy this need to experience the aforementioned... and finally in a climactic battle wherein agony and suffering will spread over the globe this god will battle his nemesis that he himself created and could blink to make disappear if he really wanted to.

Sorry, I conclude otherwise.

I don't doubt that if you're looking to find correlations you will find them. But honestly, how is that helpful? Are you prepping for the Endtimes?

Christianity is only one religion of others which claim to predict the Endtimes. As the tale unfolds, a god created existence in only 6 days, but did so in such a way to make it look immensely old and left massive clues to support that belief... and this god put forth a test to only two humans without (at least in terms of the Judeo-Christian god) giving them neither the ability to make a considered choice nor did he bother to tell them the consequences would extend to every person born after them... and this god then inspired a book but did not allow the original to last in case the condemned-to-damnation humans worship those texts... and allowed copies of copies to multiply so that huge civilizations would clash with one another over interpretations... and this god then comes down to earth as a human to act as a mediator to experience human weakness and pain and sin that he created in the first place anyway, and he's letting billions upon billions of people suffer thusly and choose eternal damnation on an ongoing basis in order to satisfy this need to experience the aforementioned... and finally in a climactic battle wherein agony and suffering will spread over the globe this god will battle his nemesis that he himself created and could blink to make disappear if he really wanted to.

That is your prerogative to do so.
It will become very clear to everyone on Earth that God is real and especially when Jesus returns to rule for the 1,000 years.

Sorry, but literal rendering of biblical tales and fables are drenched in inconsistencies, errors and yes, absurdities.

I've posted it before.
Please cite a single inconsistency in the Bible.

I've posted it before.
I am going to withdraw that request. I just did a search and apparently some people have given the topic a lot of attention. I am going to enjoy going over this one, probably start a new thread later.

I've posted it before.
I cited a litany of them with an objective evaluation of the genesis fable.

Otherwise, you can do a search and find a great many. You're denial is not an objective evaluation.

That is your prerogative to do so.
It will become very clear to everyone on Earth that God is real and especially when Jesus returns to rule for the 1,000 years.
Such thinking is harmful to humanity. There's no reason to conclude that any gods are going to return to earth in some climactic battle. And as time goes by, and gods don't return to this earth, as gods don't prove salvation, religions will fade. We already see it happening as people revise their religions or re-write them as they go.

But hey, why be concerned about man's negative impact to the environment? Jeebus is coming so none of it will matter. Trying to make the world a better place? Screw that! Jeebus is coming and all those non-Christians who don't accept the coercive threats are going to burn.

Yee haw.

I've posted it before.

Otherwise, you can do a search and find a great many. You're denial is not an objective evaluation.[/QUOTE]
There is a God and the Bible is his book so whether he or man put those inconsistencies inthere

I've posted it before.

Otherwise, you can do a search and find a great many. You're denial is not an objective evaluation.
I do not know how much of this I am actually going to do. I found the page:
Bible Inconsistencies Bible Contradictions

Some of these are in the NT and some are between the NT and the OT which are of no concern to me. Some are from a lack of understanding such as what is 'light' or when something is said not to be done and is done or God is a merciful God and God is a terrible God, those are not inconsistencies. There is the supposed inconsistency in:
2SA 6:23 Michal was childless.
2SA 21:8 (KJV) She had five sons.

2 Samuel 6:23King James Version (KJV)
23 Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death.

2 Samuel 21:8King James Version (KJV)
8 But the king took the two sons of Rizpah the daughter of Aiah, whom she bare unto Saul, Armoni and Mephibosheth; and the five sons of Michal the daughter of Saul, whom she brought up for Adriel the son of Barzillai the Meholathite:

It clearly says that she brought those five up for Barzillai which can be further supported by:
1 Kings 2:7 But shew kindness unto the sons of Barzillai the Gileadite, and let them be of those that eat at thy table: for so they came to me when I fled because of Absalom thy brother.

So obviously this guy just was not doing his homework.

Is there any inconsistency in specific you would like me to look up?

I've posted it before.

There is a God and the Bible is his book so whether he or man put those inconsistencies inthere

I've posted it before.

I do not know how much of this I am actually going to do. I found the page:
Bible Inconsistencies Bible Contradictions

Some of these are in the NT and some are between the NT and the OT which are of no concern to me. Some are from a lack of understanding such as what is 'light' or when something is said not to be done and is done or God is a merciful God and God is a terrible God, those are not inconsistencies. There is the supposed inconsistency in:
2SA 6:23 Michal was childless.
2SA 21:8 (KJV) She had five sons.

2 Samuel 6:23King James Version (KJV)
23 Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death.

2 Samuel 21:8King James Version (KJV)
8 But the king took the two sons of Rizpah the daughter of Aiah, whom she bare unto Saul, Armoni and Mephibosheth; and the five sons of Michal the daughter of Saul, whom she brought up for Adriel the son of Barzillai the Meholathite:

It clearly says that she brought those five up for Barzillai which can be further supported by:
1 Kings 2:7 But shew kindness unto the sons of Barzillai the Gileadite, and let them be of those that eat at thy table: for so they came to me when I fled because of Absalom thy brother.

So obviously this guy just was not doing his homework.

Is there any inconsistency in specific you would like me to look up?[/QUOTE]
With reference to your list, why not start at the top and proceed through the list?

Did you write the list?
How is it possible that the gods would allow their message to humanity to be so carelessly edited?

Did the gods not proof-read the bibles?
There is one God and one Bible. The one and only text of God is the Old Testament. I agree with you 100% that the rest of those gods and bibles have serious issues.
To be fair, there is one conception of God(s) as configured in the bibles.

However, there are (and have been) many human conceptions of gods throughout history. There's nothing that separates your gods from any of the other gods.

If there was a flood and Noah didn't have any asians or blacks on his boat, where did all the asians and blacks come from?

This Noah story was borrowed from a Babylonian text called the Epic of Gilgamesh.

The global flood story requires that only eight people were left alive in 2349 BCE. This does not allow enough time for humans to repopulate the earth.

In 2000 BC only 350 years after the flood the population of the world was 27 million. To go from a population of eight to a population of 27 million in 350 years would require a population growth rate of 136.07%.

That is 133% more than the fastest growing portions of the world today, not probable and not feasible.

The flood , if it occurred , was most likely not a global phenomena - the asians and sub-sahara africans were not effected.

Did you write the list?
How is it possible that the gods would allow their message to humanity to be so carelessly edited?

Did the gods not proof-read the bibles?
There is one God and one Bible. The one and only text of God is the Old Testament. I agree with you 100% that the rest of those gods and bibles have serious issues.
To be fair, there is one conception of God(s) as configured in the bibles.

However, there are (and have been) many human conceptions of gods throughout history. There's nothing that separates your gods from any of the other gods.
Perhaps I should reiterate my tale for you. I should really put it in my sig or something. I have had this kind of running conversation with God over last few years/decades or so. I was not raised in a religious family so I was never really exposed to organized religion. So I am going along fine with God as kind of my eye in the sky type of thing when, what I call the first blood moon phase, God goes BLAM! "Read the Bible!" So I start reading the Bible and I say, "Wow. This is the voice of that guy who has been with me all these years." When I looked ahead to the New Testament that was not the word of God. So over the summer I have been reading the Bible as much as I can. Now I return to the message board. I do not really know why. I just try to do as I am told. One item of note is that during the second blood moon phase God came back, but I have already stated that elsewhere. Does not seem to attract much attention but that does not really surprise me. Which brings me back to the topic at hand, if you say there are flaws in the Old Testament or if you say there is no God then I am here to debate. If you have an issue with the dozens of other gods and bibles then I will let their people cover those.

I've posted it before.
I am going through some more of these supposed inconsistencies. Some of the verses cited I see are from statements of people who speak falsely. In the book of Job Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar all come to comfort Job but sometimes speak falsely. One can not quote one of them and then say the Bible is contradicting itself.

Forum List

Back