Question about Noah.

/shrugs...the only possible comment relevant to your posts is that you don't know what you're talking about and have to lie about others to have something to post......even then, its merely repetitive......
/shrugs... I've tried repeatedly to give you an opportunity to offer some rational means whereby we can assess your claims to the validity of biblical absurdities such as the Ark cruise to nowhere. It's unfortunate, but consistently, you get pissy when you're called out for being both clueless regarding the absurdity of Ark Tales and of basic principles of earth science.
Hollie, do you actually care whether or not God exists?

Yes, I do. I care because religious folks are not always the benevolent, "do unto others" personality types you might portray. Far too often, religious folks are the angry, self-righteous, self-hating types who do believe their bibles relate an accurate worldview, and that opinion crosses into social constructs, and those social constructs impact individuals freedoms. It leverages political decisions. It lends weight to laws that are developed and implemented.
Besides the first sentence how does that relate to whether or not there is a God?
Your question is presumptive. There are many conceptions of gods. Don't you find an arrogance in the presumption of "a" single, partisan God?
How about this instead; any particular reason you are dodging the question?

This Noah story was borrowed from a Babylonian text called the Epic of Gilgamesh.
did you know there were significant differences between copies of the Gilgamesh story dating from before the Jewish captivity and those dated afterwards?......

The global flood story requires that only eight people were left alive in 2349 BCE.
actually, there is no such requirement....and if you're going to insist on Biblical literalism, tell me how many people had to drown if Noah lived only 23 'generations' after Adam.....

The flood , if it occurred , was most likely not a global phenomena - the asians and sub-sahara africans were not effected.
why would we need a global flood to drown 10,000 to 20,000 people?....
There was no flood as described in the bibles.
were you there?.....did you sleep through it?....
Is it possible for you to read the thread discussion and offer a relevant comment?

It's just pitiable that you YEC'ists will insist your bible tales and fables are true and inerrant Yet we both know that there is not a shred of credible evidence to support such absurdities.
/shrugs...the only possible comment relevant to your posts is that you don't know what you're talking about and have to lie about others to have something to post......even then, its merely repetitive......
So was it a global flood or not? And how do we know that Noah was 600 years old?

did you know there were significant differences between copies of the Gilgamesh story dating from before the Jewish captivity and those dated afterwards?......

actually, there is no such requirement....and if you're going to insist on Biblical literalism, tell me how many people had to drown if Noah lived only 23 'generations' after Adam.....

why would we need a global flood to drown 10,000 to 20,000 people?....
Is it possible for you to read the thread discussion and offer a relevant comment?

It's just pitiable that you YEC'ists will insist your bible tales and fables are true and inerrant Yet we both know that there is not a of credible evidence to support such absurdities.
So was it a global flood or not? And how do we know that Noah was 600 years old?
First question is; do you believe in God?

It's just pitiable that you YEC'ists will insist your bible tales and fables are true and inerrant Yet we both know that there is not a of credible evidence to support such absurdities.
I'm agnostic, I see no real proof for or against the possibility of a god existing. Meaning, if someone ever brings me real proof that a god exists, I'd have no problem believing then that a god exists.

/shrugs... I've tried repeatedly to give you an opportunity to offer some rational means whereby we can assess your claims to the validity of biblical absurdities such as the Ark cruise to nowhere. It's unfortunate, but consistently, you get pissy when you're called out for being both clueless regarding the absurdity of Ark Tales and of basic principles of earth science.

Yes, I do. I care because religious folks are not always the benevolent, "do unto others" personality types you might portray. Far too often, religious folks are the angry, self-righteous, self-hating types who do believe their bibles relate an accurate worldview, and that opinion crosses into social constructs, and those social constructs impact individuals freedoms. It leverages political decisions. It lends weight to laws that are developed and implemented.
Besides the first sentence how does that relate to whether or not there is a God?
Your question is presumptive. There are many conceptions of gods. Don't you find an arrogance in the presumption of "a" single, partisan God?
I'm dodging nothing. You appear to arrogantly assume that your gods are the only possible gods. Why do you assume that all other religions are wrong in their conceptions of gods and yours are the only possible gods?

I'm agnostic, I see no real proof for or against the possibility of a god existing. Meaning, if someone ever brings me real proof that a god exists, I'd have no problem believing then that a god exists.
Fine, let us start with Noah's flood as told in the Old Testament King James Version. OK?

Fine, let us start with Noah's flood as told in the Old Testament King James Version. OK?
Go for it.

I'm dodging nothing. You appear to arrogantly assume that your gods are the only possible gods. Why do you assume that all other religions are wrong in their conceptions of gods and yours are the only possible gods?
Correct me if I am wrong but I asked if you cared whether or not God exists. You answered by explaining other peoples behaviour, thereby dodging the first question. I asked you how that related to the previous question. Then you give some random statement about multiple gods, thereby dodging the first and second questions. Then I asked you why you are dodging the question. You state some more information about multiple gods, thereby dodging the first, second, and third questions. Are you going to dodge this question also?

Go for it.
Excellent. First let us acknowledge that we can not examine the flood itself so what we must focus on is the account of the flood. Agreed?

Correct me if I am wrong but I asked if you cared whether or not God exists. You answered by explaining other peoples behaviour, thereby dodging the first question. I asked you how that related to the previous question. Then you give some random statement about multiple gods, thereby dodging the first and second questions. Then I asked you why you are dodging the question. You state some more information about multiple gods, thereby dodging the first, second, and third questions. Are you going to dodge this question also?
I'm correcting you for being wrong. Why are you choosing to sidestep questions put to you?

Go for it.
Excellent. First let us acknowledge that we can not examine the flood itself so what we must focus on is the account of the flood. Agreed?
Actually, if there was a global flood, there would be archeological evidence pinpointing the time... But focus on the account of the flood if you wish.

Go for it.
Good tactic. Use the biblical accounts of the flood to prove the biblical accounts of the flood.

Go for it.
Good tactic. Use the biblical accounts of the flood to prove the biblical accounts of the flood.
Would you like to join in or are you here only to be a pain in the ass?

Go for it.
And I consider that the forth dodge in a row. Before moving on to the flood how about you answer the first question I asked you this morning?

Go for it.

Ok. I'll play along. Can we agree that sources other than the bibles can be used to critique biblical claims?

Super!

Problems with a Global Flood 2nd edition

And if you want flood tales, everyone has 'em.

Flood Stories from Around the World

Go for it.
And I consider that the forth dodge in a row. Before moving on to the flood how about you answer the first question I asked you this morning?
I did. The answers conflicts with your preconceptions.

Why do you continue to sidestep the questions put to you?

Go for it.
Actually, if there was a global flood, there would be archeological evidence pinpointing the time... But focus on the account of the flood if you wish.
I wish. Focusing on the account itself should make the process of proving God much quicker. The account can be isolated to the book of Genesis, chapters 6 through 8. 22 + 24 + 22 = 68 verses.

Why does the LORD tell Noah to use gopher wood? There is no such material as far as one anyone knows.

Go for it.

Ok. I'll play along. Can we agree that sources other than the bibles can be used to critique biblical claims?

Super!

First question please.

Go for it.

Super!

First question please.
Yes. Stop sidestepping the first question you were directed to respond to.

Super!

First question please.
Yes. Stop sidestepping the first question you were directed to respond to.
?

Forum List

Back