Zone1 Noah's Ark

I'm sure the pottery was beautiful but they sacrificed their firstborn to their gods. So there's that.

Demonizing your enemy is not a new tactic.

The Phoenicians were Canaanites. Byblos and Baalbek were Canaanite.

By all accounts they were prosperous and successful.

Demonizing your enemy is not a new tactic.

The Phoenicians were Canaanites. Byblos and Baalbek were Canaanite.

By all accounts they were prosperous and successful.

Which doesn't detract from the fact that their prosperity was based on violence and mind control. And is it really wrong to denounce child sacrifice? The truth is that practice is insane. No other creature in nature does any such thing. How can one not "demonize" child sacrifice as evil?

Which doesn't detract from the fact that their prosperity was based on violence and mind control. And is it really wrong to denounce child sacrifice? The truth is that practice is insane. No other creature in nature does any such thing. How can one not "demonize" child sacrifice as evil?

It was an agrarian society. The problem was envy. Same with the prosperity of the Decapolis.

Wasn't Abraham willing to slaughter Isaac?

This is very similar to how God was patient with Pharaoh for generations, giving Egypt ten “final” chances to turn back. Texts like Leviticus 18:24-25 and 20:22-24, and describe destructive sexual behavior, injustice, and harmful ritual worship (bodily mutilation), along with the widespread and abhorrent practice of child sacrifice. Canaanite culture was described as utterly corrupt, especially when it came to violence and abuse of the most vulnerable in their communities.

The Old Testament presents the Israelites as an instrument of divine justice. These are not depicted as battles for plunder or power-grabs. Rather, the Israelite conquest of Canaan is described as an act of divine punishment on an extremely corrupt society.

Wasn't Abraham willing to slaughter Isaac?

Yes, according to the story.

Apparently God likes to test people. Adam and Eve knew what was forbidden and did it anyway. The same God who gave the law that forbids the worship of anything made by human hands told Moses to make a statue of a serpent for people to turn to for healing which they did. People are strange. It seems it is easier for people to do something stupid than to not do something stupid.

"Protected" by Egyptian garrisons, as you said, who were world famous for being civil and kind.

Yeah right.

Yes. Sinai and Canaan were controlled by Egypt. Not much truth in Jewish history.

Yes, according to the story.

Apparently God likes to test people. Adam and Eve knew what was forbidden and did it anyway. The same God who gave the law that forbids the worship of anything made by human hands told Moses to make a statue of a serpent for people to turn to for healing which they did. People are strange. It seems it is easier for people to do something stupid than to not do something stupid.

Snake cults were very popular from Egypt and Sumer to Arabia and the Indus valley.

Snake cults were very popular from Egypt and Sumer to Arabia and the Indus valley.
The blood eagle was a brutal ritual that was popular with the Vikings. Throwing babies off the temple roof was a popular practice in certain parts of India. I heard that Mohammed said that when anyone wipes his ass with pebbles (after shitting) he should do so an odd number of times. I heard Episcopalians "believe" that Christ's body and blood are really present in the eucharist.

Whats your point?

Last edited:
And is it really wrong to denounce child sacrifice? The truth is that practice is insane. No other creature in nature does any such thing. How can one not "demonize" child sacrifice as evil?

nature allows their siblings from the beginning to embrace the unknown without interference and sometimes will intervene as a sign of their intent otherwise ...

Take your son to the land of Moriah and kill your son there as a sacrifice for me. This must be Isaac, your only son, the one you love. Use him ...

abraham instead chose an innocent lamb ... where's hob's outrage.

there is much evil in the worship of - paterfamilias.

1717607151978.png

keep our sabbath holy - the sabbath is what they referred to their heavenly completion, garden earth - paradisians have not lost their way nor did jesus.

The blood eagle was a brutal ritual that was popular with the Vikings. Throwing babies off the temple roof was a popular practice in certain parts of India. I heard that Mohammed said that when anyone wipes his ass with pebbles (after shitting) he should do so an odd number of times. I heard Episcopalians "believe" that Christ's body and blood are really present in the eucharist.

Whats your point?

I thought you were talking about snakes in the Exodus story.

I thought you were talking about snakes in the Exodus story.
Oi. Pay attention. On second thought, you know what, nevermind. Fuhgetaboudit.

Go to church. For a nominal service charge they will tell you lies that put you into a deep sleep.

Pleasant dreams!

Last edited:
One striking example of such rhetorical disagreements among biblical authors opposing child sacrifice is the question of whether Yahweh ever commanded that children be sacrificed. In the Jeremiah passage quoted above, Yahweh flatly declares that child sacrifice is a thing that “I did not command, nor did it arise in my mind” (Jer 7:31). Ezekiel, on the other hand, suggests that Yahweh did command that children be sacrificed, but only as a punishment for the Israelites’ repeated faithlessness.

There Yahweh declares that, because the Israelites did not follow Yahweh’s good laws by which they could live, “I gave them statutes that are not good and precepts by which they could not live. I defiled them by their gifts, in causing to pass over every firstborn, so that I might desolate them” (Ezek 20:25–26). In this case, there seems to be a disagreement about whether the version of the law of the firstborn that lacks any sort of redemption clause constitutes a legitimate Yahwistic law at all.

Thus, examining the rhetoric surrounding child sacrifice reveals differences in opinion concerning which biblical law codes were authoritative, as well as how they ought to be interpreted.

That's what I have been saying. It's didactic literature not history.
Then why did you say "not much truth in Jewish history"? Make up your mind already. Damn.

I heard that lack of sleep results in decreased neural function. Maybe you should take a nap...

Then why did you say "not much truth in Jewish history"? Make up your mind already. Damn.

I heard that lack of sleep results in decreased neural function. Maybe you should take a nap...

That's a running battle I have with fundamentalists and the rapture crowd.

Interesting take. I never thought of that. I like it. I also had a similar idea that the rising waters could represent a rising tide against corrupt leadership, which would have gone over the heads of the mountains, Whoosh! Mountains being a metaphor for the big shots, the rich, or the religious elite of the time who loomed over the human landscape like immovable mountains and felt untouchable leading smooth easy lives, complacent and unprepared for what was coming.

Kind of like today.... "Just as it was in the days of Noah"

Luke 17:26, Matthew 24:37, Hebrews 11:7, 1 Peter 3:20, 2 Peter 2:5
Domination Through Damnation

Realistic analogy, but the Christofascists want to twist it so that practically the whole human race is mortally guilty. They appropriated the legend and believe that gives them the right to use it for their own goal.

Forum List

Back