Question about Noah.

The fact that the Qur'an does not correct the biblical account of Noah, but to the contrary reiterates it, should be enough proof for you that Noah built an ark. We'll tackle the snake thing as soon as you admit that Noah built an ark according to you. Because you read it in the Koran, your book of truth. It is you that insists that the Quran tells the truth, right?
And it tells you that Noah built an ark. Therefore you believe that Noah built the ark. Either that, or you believe that the Quran can't be trusted. Which is it?
Your eternal salvation is at stake. You can convert and embrace the holy text that has perfected your corrupt religion or you can spend eternity as an infidel among ISIL.

Which is it?
Well, hell, if you think the Quran is full of garbage, I'm going to trust your judgment!
No thanks Quran, I'll stick with the one true God, The God of Abraham!
That's a false gawd. A false book gave you a false gawd.

If it is so false why is the book of Daniel and Revelation coming true right before our very eyes and in the order that they were written?

Josephus' birth in 37 C.E. (well after the alleged crucifixion of Jesus), puts him out of range of an eyewitness account. Moreover, he wrote Antiquities in 93 C.E., after the first gospels got written! Therefore, even if his accounts about Jesus came from his hand, his information could only serve as hearsay.

Did you write the list?
How is it possible that the gods would allow their message to humanity to be so carelessly edited?

Did the gods not proof-read the bibles?
There is one God and one Bible. The one and only text of God is the Old Testament. I agree with you 100% that the rest of those gods and bibles have serious issues.
To be fair, there is one conception of God(s) as configured in the bibles.

However, there are (and have been) many human conceptions of gods throughout history. There's nothing that separates your gods from any of the other gods.
Perhaps I should reiterate my tale for you. I should really put it in my sig or something. I have had this kind of running conversation with God over last few years/decades or so. I was not raised in a religious family so I was never really exposed to organized religion. So I am going along fine with God as kind of my eye in the sky type of thing when, what I call the first blood moon phase, God goes BLAM! "Read the Bible!" So I start reading the Bible and I say, "Wow. This is the voice of that guy who has been with me all these years." When I looked ahead to the New Testament that was not the word of God. So over the summer I have been reading the Bible as much as I can. Now I return to the message board. I do not really know why. I just try to do as I am told. One item of note is that during the second blood moon phase God came back, but I have already stated that elsewhere. Does not seem to attract much attention but that does not really surprise me. Which brings me back to the topic at hand, if you say there are flaws in the Old Testament or if you say there is no God then I am here to debate. If you have an issue with the dozens of other gods and bibles then I will let their people cover those.

There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those other texts, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimise it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

The Bible is historically inaccurate [2], factually incorrect, inconsistent [2] and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

There is no contemporary evidence for Jesus’ existence or the Bible’s account of his life; no artefacts, dwellings, works of carpentry, self-written manuscripts, court records, eyewitness testimony, official diaries, birth records, reflections on his significance or written disputes about his teachings. Nothing survives from the time in which he is said to have lived.

All historical references to Jesus derive from hearsay accounts written decades or centuries after his supposed death. These historical references generally refer to early Christians rather than a historical Jesus and, in some cases, directly contradict the Gospels or were deliberately manufactured.

The Gospels themselves contradict one-another [2] on many key events and were constructed by unknown authors up to a century after the events they describe are said to have occurred. They are not eyewitness accounts. The New Testament, as a whole, contains many internal inconsistencies as a result of its piecemeal construction and is factually incorrect on several historical claims, such as the early existence of Nazareth, the reign of Herod and the Roman census. Like the Old Testament, it too has had entire books and sections redacted.

The Biblical account of Jesus has striking similarities with other mythologies and texts and many of his supposed teachings existed prior to his time. It is likely the character was either partly or entirely invented [2] by competing first century messianic cults from an amalgamation of Greco-Roman, Egyptian and Judeo-Apocalyptic myths and prophecies.

Even if Jesus’ existence could be established, this would in no way validate Christian theology or any element of the story portrayed in the Bible, such as the performance of miracles or the resurrection. Simply because it is conceivable a heretical Jewish preacher named Yeshua lived circa 30 AD, had followers and was executed, does not imply the son of a god walked the Earth at that time.

The motivation for belief in a divine, salvational Jesus breaks down when you accept evolution:

“Now, if the book of Genesis is an allegory, then sin is an allegory, the Fall is an allegory and the need for a Savior is an allegory – but if we are all descendants of an allegory, where does that leave us? It destroys the foundation of all Christian doctrine—it destroys the foundation of the gospel.” - Ken Ham

Did you write the list?
How is it possible that the gods would allow their message to humanity to be so carelessly edited?

Did the gods not proof-read the bibles?
There is one God and one Bible. The one and only text of God is the Old Testament. I agree with you 100% that the rest of those gods and bibles have serious issues.
To be fair, there is one conception of God(s) as configured in the bibles.

However, there are (and have been) many human conceptions of gods throughout history. There's nothing that separates your gods from any of the other gods.
Perhaps I should reiterate my tale for you. I should really put it in my sig or something. I have had this kind of running conversation with God over last few years/decades or so. I was not raised in a religious family so I was never really exposed to organized religion. So I am going along fine with God as kind of my eye in the sky type of thing when, what I call the first blood moon phase, God goes BLAM! "Read the Bible!" So I start reading the Bible and I say, "Wow. This is the voice of that guy who has been with me all these years." When I looked ahead to the New Testament that was not the word of God. So over the summer I have been reading the Bible as much as I can. Now I return to the message board. I do not really know why. I just try to do as I am told. One item of note is that during the second blood moon phase God came back, but I have already stated that elsewhere. Does not seem to attract much attention but that does not really surprise me. Which brings me back to the topic at hand, if you say there are flaws in the Old Testament or if you say there is no God then I am here to debate. If you have an issue with the dozens of other gods and bibles then I will let their people cover those.

There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those other texts, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimise it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

The Bible is historically inaccurate [2], factually incorrect, inconsistent [2] and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

There is no contemporary evidence for Jesus’ existence or the Bible’s account of his life; no artefacts, dwellings, works of carpentry, self-written manuscripts, court records, eyewitness testimony, official diaries, birth records, reflections on his significance or written disputes about his teachings. Nothing survives from the time in which he is said to have lived.

All historical references to Jesus derive from hearsay accounts written decades or centuries after his supposed death. These historical references generally refer to early Christians rather than a historical Jesus and, in some cases, directly contradict the Gospels or were deliberately manufactured.

The Gospels themselves contradict one-another [2] on many key events and were constructed by unknown authors up to a century after the events they describe are said to have occurred. They are not eyewitness accounts. The New Testament, as a whole, contains many internal inconsistencies as a result of its piecemeal construction and is factually incorrect on several historical claims, such as the early existence of Nazareth, the reign of Herod and the Roman census. Like the Old Testament, it too has had entire books and sections redacted.

The Biblical account of Jesus has striking similarities with other mythologies and texts and many of his supposed teachings existed prior to his time. It is likely the character was either partly or entirely invented [2] by competing first century messianic cults from an amalgamation of Greco-Roman, Egyptian and Judeo-Apocalyptic myths and prophecies.

Even if Jesus’ existence could be established, this would in no way validate Christian theology or any element of the story portrayed in the Bible, such as the performance of miracles or the resurrection. Simply because it is conceivable a heretical Jewish preacher named Yeshua lived circa 30 AD, had followers and was executed, does not imply the son of a god walked the Earth at that time.

The motivation for belief in a divine, salvational Jesus breaks down when you accept evolution:

“Now, if the book of Genesis is an allegory, then sin is an allegory, the Fall is an allegory and the need for a Savior is an allegory – but if we are all descendants of an allegory, where does that leave us? It destroys the foundation of all Christian doctrine—it destroys the foundation of the gospel.” - Ken Ham
One might come to the understanding that the book of Job is the only book I have ever read. I am beginning to think it is the only one I need to read.

I have heard several claims of there being works of literature which rival the Bible's word. So here I throw down the gauntlet. Match it!

From the book of Job: (4th century BC by the way)
38 Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

8 Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?

9 When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,

10 And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,

11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?

12 Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place;

13 That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?

14 It is turned as clay to the seal; and they stand as a garment.

15 And from the wicked their light is withholden, and the high arm shall be broken.

16 Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth?

17 Have the gates of death been opened unto thee? or hast thou seen the doors of the shadow of death?

18 Hast thou perceived the breadth of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all.

19 Where is the way where light dwelleth? and as for darkness, where is the place thereof,

20 That thou shouldest take it to the bound thereof, and that thou shouldest know the paths to the house thereof?

21 Knowest thou it, because thou wast then born? or because the number of thy days is great?

22 Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail,

23 Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?

24 By what way is the light parted, which scattereth the east wind upon the earth?

25 Who hath divided a watercourse for the overflowing of waters, or a way for the lightning of thunder;

26 To cause it to rain on the earth, where no man is; on the wilderness, wherein there is no man;

27 To satisfy the desolate and waste ground; and to cause the bud of the tender herb to spring forth?

28 Hath the rain a father? or who hath begotten the drops of dew?

29 Out of whose womb came the ice? and the hoary frost of heaven, who hath gendered it?

30 The waters are hid as with a stone, and the face of the deep is frozen.

31 Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?

32 Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?

33 Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth?

34 Canst thou lift up thy voice to the clouds, that abundance of waters may cover thee?

35 Canst thou send lightnings, that they may go and say unto thee, Here we are?

36 Who hath put wisdom in the inward parts? or who hath given understanding to the heart?

37 Who can number the clouds in wisdom? or who can stay the bottles of heaven,

38 When the dust groweth into hardness, and the clods cleave fast together?

39 Wilt thou hunt the prey for the lion? or fill the appetite of the young lions,

40 When they couch in their dens, and abide in the covert to lie in wait?

41 Who provideth for the raven his food? when his young ones cry unto God, they wander for lack of meat.

Job 38 KJV - Then the LORD answered Job out of the - Bible Gateway

There was a layer of water in the heavens. It filtered the suns rays, and created a terrarium effect, a perfect growing atmosphere. It had never rained before the flood. And the rest came from underground.
:)
Which is the view that is promoted on Christian fundamentalist websites.

How sad that you have bought in to that fraud.

That is because it is in the Bible.
Genesis 2: 4-6
These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens and every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

Sorry, but literal rendering of biblical tales and fables are drenched in inconsistencies, errors and yes, absurdities.

I've posted it before.
Please cite a single inconsistency in the Bible.
I cited a litany of them with an objective evaluation of the genesis fable.

Otherwise, you can do a search and find a great many. You're denial is not an objective evaluation.
lots of significant issues, like how many horses there were in Solomon's stable.....

If there was a flood and Noah didn't have any asians or blacks on his boat, where did all the asians and blacks come from?

This Noah story was borrowed from a Babylonian text called the Epic of Gilgamesh.
did you know there were significant differences between copies of the Gilgamesh story dating from before the Jewish captivity and those dated afterwards?......

The global flood story requires that only eight people were left alive in 2349 BCE.
actually, there is no such requirement....and if you're going to insist on Biblical literalism, tell me how many people had to drown if Noah lived only 23 'generations' after Adam.....

The flood , if it occurred , was most likely not a global phenomena - the asians and sub-sahara africans were not effected.
why would we need a global flood to drown 10,000 to 20,000 people?....

Which is the view that is promoted on Christian fundamentalist websites.

How sad that you have bought in to that fraud.

These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens and every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

Sorry, but literal rendering of biblical tales and fables are drenched in inconsistencies, errors and yes, absurdities.

I've posted it before.

Otherwise, you can do a search and find a great many. You're denial is not an objective evaluation.
lots of significant issues, like how many horses there were in Solomon's stable.....
Or like how is it that you're unable to compose a relevant comment.

If there was a flood and Noah didn't have any asians or blacks on his boat, where did all the asians and blacks come from?

This Noah story was borrowed from a Babylonian text called the Epic of Gilgamesh.
did you know there were significant differences between copies of the Gilgamesh story dating from before the Jewish captivity and those dated afterwards?......

The global flood story requires that only eight people were left alive in 2349 BCE.
actually, there is no such requirement....and if you're going to insist on Biblical literalism, tell me how many people had to drown if Noah lived only 23 'generations' after Adam.....

The flood , if it occurred , was most likely not a global phenomena - the asians and sub-sahara africans were not effected.
There was no flood as described in the bibles.

Why is such an important element of the god's cruelty (one of many that calls into question "his" role as a serial mass murderer), a historical hoax?

I've posted it before.

I'm sorry, sweetie.....you wouldn't know relevant if it bit you in the ass......

were you there?.....did you sleep through it?....

I've posted it before.

I'm sorry, sweetie.....you wouldn't know relevant if it bit you in the ass......
Your pointless drivel had nothing to do with the discussion. Because you're not able to respond with relevant commentary, you should stay out of the thread.

Your pointless drivel had nothing to do with the discussion.

then it was relevant, since the discussion was about nothing........

Is it possible for you to read the thread discussion and offer a relevant comment?

It's just pitiable that you YEC'ists will insist your bible tales and fables are true and inerrant Yet we both know that there is not a shred of credible evidence to support such absurdities.

Your pointless drivel had nothing to do with the discussion.

then it was relevant, since the discussion was about nothing........
Because you're clueless, you get a pass for such nonsensical comments.

Is it possible for you to read the thread discussion and offer a relevant comment?

It's just pitiable that you YEC'ists will insist your bible tales and fables are true and inerrant Yet we both know that there is not a shred of credible evidence to support such absurdities.
/shrugs...the only possible comment relevant to your posts is that you don't know what you're talking about and have to lie about others to have something to post......even then, its merely repetitive......

/shrugs...the only possible comment relevant to your posts is that you don't know what you're talking about and have to lie about others to have something to post......even then, its merely repetitive......
/shrugs... I've tried repeatedly to give you an opportunity to offer some rational means whereby we can assess your claims to the validity of biblical absurdities such as the Ark cruise to nowhere. It's unfortunate, but consistently, you get pissy when you're called out for being both clueless regarding the absurdity of Ark Tales and of basic principles of earth science.

/shrugs... I've tried repeatedly to give you an opportunity to offer some rational means whereby we can assess your claims to the validity of biblical absurdities such as the Ark cruise to nowhere. It's unfortunate, but consistently, you get pissy when you're called out for being both clueless regarding the absurdity of Ark Tales and of basic principles of earth science.
Hollie, do you actually care whether or not God exists?

Yes, I do. I care because religious folks are not always the benevolent, "do unto others" personality types you might portray. Far too often, religious folks are the angry, self-righteous, self-hating types who do believe their bibles relate an accurate worldview, and that opinion crosses into social constructs, and those social constructs impact individuals freedoms. It leverages political decisions. It lends weight to laws that are developed and implemented.

Yes, I do. I care because religious folks are not always the benevolent, "do unto others" personality types you might portray. Far too often, religious folks are the angry, self-righteous, self-hating types who do believe their bibles relate an accurate worldview, and that opinion crosses into social constructs, and those social constructs impact individuals freedoms. It leverages political decisions. It lends weight to laws that are developed and implemented.
Besides the first sentence how does that relate to whether or not there is a God?

Besides the first sentence how does that relate to whether or not there is a God?
Your question is presumptive. There are many conceptions of gods. Don't you find an arrogance in the presumption of "a" single, partisan God?

Forum List

Back