Question about Noah.

In spite of the true absurdities surrounding the Noah fable, it is a central theme and core element of christianity. To acknowledge the event as metaphor and fable calls into question all of the biblical tales.

It's an all or nothin' proposition. If some parts of the bibles are literally true and some are not, who decides fact from fable?

whether any part of any fable or fairy tale is true or false is irrelevant. Whats important is the teaching conveyed and even if the entire story is pure fiction the story can still convey the truth.

Noah built an ark, but so did Moses. Noahs ark held every type of creature, clean or unclean, the ark of the covenant held descriptions of every type of creature, clean or unclean. Maybe there is much more there than what meets the eye?

When one reads the story of the boy who cried wolf, does it matter if he ever existed? Does it matter where the story occurred or what language was spoken? Does it matter if there is no scientific or archeological evidence to verify the story? If someone could prove that the details written about in the story were completely false would it make the moral of the story false?
I want to know how Noah got kangaroos from Australia and back again. Otherwise, the bible is a load of crap.

See, when Noah and sons let the animals out, the roos and koalas and dingoes and the abos and all the other down under animals walked to Australia and then God did some miracle stuff and then Oz just floated away from the Middle East, the same way possums and armadillos walked to Texas and then God miracle the Americas to where they are today. It's in the Bible, somewhere in the back.
start at the beginning......there was this mud puddle and it was struck by lightening.....and some of the charred mud turned into life and started reproducing......and eventually this animal climbed out and walked to Australia, turning into kangaroos and dingos and aboriginies along the way......you gotta believe it, science has proved it......
So tell us how kangaroos got to the boat and back to oz. :popcorn:

OK Taz. You seem to have a thing for Australia and for kangaroos. I'll tell you something which you will deny of course.

Before the flood, there was no Australia. There was no United States. There was no Europe. There was just one big piece of land. The climate over all this land was the same. It was a tropical greenhouse kind of climate all over the earth at that time. The animals (including your kangaroos) were free to roam wherever they so desired over this tropical earth.

Like I say, you will deny this but at least maybe you will get of the subject of kangaroos once and for all. I hope.
Got any proof? No? Then shut up, you moron.

Ok. I'll not respond to your posts anymore. I gave you a plausible reply which as I predicted, you denied. A plausible reply was more than you ever offered. All you do is ask questions like a five tear old. I won't respond to you anymore.
I ask for PROOF, and you call me a 5 year old. So you have no proof, I get it. Now shut the fuck up. This thread is for people who have a clue about what they are talking about.

In spite of the true absurdities surrounding the Noah fable, it is a central theme and core element of christianity. To acknowledge the event as metaphor and fable calls into question all of the biblical tales.

It's an all or nothin' proposition. If some parts of the bibles are literally true and some are not, who decides fact from fable?

whether any part of any fable or fairy tale is true or false is irrelevant. Whats important is the teaching conveyed and even if the entire story is pure fiction the story can still convey the truth.

Noah built an ark, but so did Moses. Noahs ark held every type of creature, clean or unclean, the ark of the covenant held descriptions of every type of creature, clean or unclean. Maybe there is much more there than what meets the eye?

When one reads the story of the boy who cried wolf, does it matter if he ever existed? Does it matter where the story occurred or what language was spoken? Does it matter if there is no scientific or archeological evidence to verify the story? If someone could prove that the details written about in the story were completely false would it make the moral of the story false?
I want to know how Noah got kangaroos from Australia and back again. Otherwise, the bible is a load of crap.
only if you can identify the verse of the Bible that says Noah got kangaroos from Australia at all.....

start at the beginning......there was this mud puddle and it was struck by lightening.....and some of the charred mud turned into life and started reproducing......and eventually this animal climbed out and walked to Australia, turning into kangaroos and dingos and aboriginies along the way......you gotta believe it, science has proved it......

OK Taz. You seem to have a thing for Australia and for kangaroos. I'll tell you something which you will deny of course.

Before the flood, there was no Australia. There was no United States. There was no Europe. There was just one big piece of land. The climate over all this land was the same. It was a tropical greenhouse kind of climate all over the earth at that time. The animals (including your kangaroos) were free to roam wherever they so desired over this tropical earth.

Like I say, you will deny this but at least maybe you will get of the subject of kangaroos once and for all. I hope.

Ok. I'll not respond to your posts anymore. I gave you a plausible reply which as I predicted, you denied. A plausible reply was more than you ever offered. All you do is ask questions like a five tear old. I won't respond to you anymore.
I ask for PROOF, and you call me a 5 year old. So you have no proof, I get it. Now shut the fuck up. This thread is for people who have a clue about what they are talking about.

Then you certainly have no business on the thread. Idiot!! Child!!

only if you can identify the verse of the Bible that says Noah got kangaroos from Australia at all.....
"
I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish. But I will establish my covenant with you, and you will enter the ark—you and your sons and your wife and your sons’ wives with you. You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you."

I thought this thread was for five year olds who thrash around and attack the people who answered his silly questions.....

Then you certainly have no business on the thread. Idiot!! Child!!
Either put up or shut up. Pretty simple really.

"
I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish. But I will establish my covenant with you, and you will enter the ark—you and your sons and your wife and your sons’ wives with you. You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you."
apparently they didn't know how to spell kangaroo in those days......

I thought this thread was for five year olds who thrash around and attack the people who answered his silly questions.....
I asked a question and he couldn't answer it. Apparently, neither can you.

"
I just identified the bible passage for you. Now answer MY question: How did Noah get roos from Oz and back?

on the other hand, your question has been answered at least a dozen times..........

"
I just identified the bible passage for you. Now answer MY question: How did Noah get roos from Oz and back?
that Bible passage does not mention kangaroos......try again.....

"
"two of all living creatures, male and female". Ok, I get that you have nothing from your fantasy world that explains roos..., now please shut the fuck up.

on the other hand, your question has been answered at least a dozen times..........
Not answered even once. Now shut up, old man.

That's like saying that you want to know how pigs built houses without hands or tools or else the story of the three little pigs is a load of crap.

You need to try another approach to understanding scripture or you will make yourself look as foolish as people who insist that the story is the literal truth and pigs used to build houses during some magical time in the past.

You both miss the point of the stories, the hidden teaching, just as completely.....

Last edited:
"
Of course it does, but since it doesn't fit your fantasy world, you pretend that IT DOESN'T. NOW SHUT UP, OLD MAN.

That's like saying that you want to know how pigs built houses without hands or tools or else the story of the three little pigs is a load of crap.

You need to try another approach to understanding scripture or you will make yourself look as foolish as people who insist that the story is the literal truth and pigs used to build houses during some magical time in the past.

You both miss the point of the stories, the hidden teaching, just as completely.....
The 3 pigs is an admitted fairy tale. You comparing the bible to fairy tales?

Go change your Depends, you fucking old fart.

The 3 pigs is an admitted fairy tale. You comparing the bible to fairy tales?

Yes, in the sense that through the stories, like hidden treasure, teachings are conveyed that are not directly connected to the literal meaning of the words used.

A talking serpent in the very first book of the bible should have been a dead giveaway to anyone with a second grade education.

Torah means instruction not history.

Not answered even once. Now shut up, old man.
I have no reason to shut up......if you're silly enough to pretend again that we haven't answered you, I will point out again that we have.....

Forum List

Back