Question about Social Security/Medicare

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
I signed up for Humana this year for Medicare parts C and D and noticed that I'm getting an extra $120 dollars in my Social Security. I also checked and saw that they're deducting about $49 from my Social Security.

I don't have a clue why I'm getting extra money every month, after I signed up with Humana. Can someone explain that?

I signed up for Humana this year for Medicare parts C and D and noticed that I'm getting an extra $120 dollars in my Social Security. I also checked and saw that they're deducting about $49 from my Social Security.

I don't have a clue why I'm getting extra money every month, after I signed up with Humana. Can someone explain that?

A lot of people I know are going Medicare Advantage and they claim they aren't paying anything out of pocket and they are getting increased coverage. When asked, they don't seem to have an answer. I would like to know about these things as well. Our medicare and supplement premiums just keep increasing.

I have a Medicare Advantage from Humana. I pay nothing for that, they charge Medicare.

A lot of people I know are going Medicare Advantage and they claim they aren't paying anything out of pocket and they are getting increased coverage. When asked, they don't seem to have an answer. I would like to know about these things as well. Our medicare and supplement premiums just keep increasing.

I asked my wife and she said it's because the government gives the insurance companies money.

But I'm still confused about it.

I have a Medicare Advantage from Humana. I pay nothing for that, they charge Medicare.

Nothing out of pocket, but are they deducting anything from your SS?

The only way I could tell that was by creating an account on login.gov and looking at my SS statement.

Do you notice a reduction in your SS? Is it an HMO or PPO or do you get your choice of doctors?
You still have to pay into Medicare out of your Social Security check. It is automatically taken out each month. I pay nothing extra to Medicare because of my Medicare advantage.
I get extra things covered that Medicare does not cover. It is an HMO. The office that is part of the network has eight doctors so in a way I do get my choice.
I get any medication paid. I get over the counter medication such aspirin, vitamins, bandages and such for free. I can get free rides to the doctor. I get free eye care and glasses. I get free dental care. Just to name a few of the things.

Forum List

Back