Question for all "gun" control advocates.

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
With this recent church shooting and 26 dead the controversy regarding "gun control" comes up.
As more information about the shooter comes out the more it appears "gun control" measures weren't suffice.
So given the rise especially from the MSM clamoring for more "gun control"... what is the mechanism that would entirely eliminate ONCE and for ALL theses kinds of incidents done with "guns"?
Do the advocates for "gun control" want ALL guns confiscated? No more "gun" sales?
Explain what the ultimate solution to 100% elimination of future events like what happened in Texas on Sunday, in Las Vegas, et.al. mass "shootings" would be.

I really honestly want a dialogue as to how to 100% eradicate future mass shootings.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/mass-shootings-in-america-a-historical-review/5355990
Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 9.29.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 9.35.33 AM.png

I recently read that one of the Columbine shooters said they wanted to set a record. Many of the mass shooters want the same thing. That attitude evolved over a period of time. Until we are able to evolve, mass shooters will continue.

There's also the belief that a gun is the preferred way to settle even the most minor of disagreements. Its utterly stupid and self-defeating but the gun nuts brag that 'if he tried that with me, I'd blow him away'.

Third is the very strong desire to be Mighty Mouse. Read the posts here. There are many who believe that they will have the opportunity to prove they are real men, prove that carrying a gun is not as completely idiotic as we all know it is.

There are actually people who join the military because they really want to kill and they hope their military career gives them that opportunity.

Because its now so easy to get any gun you want, I believe mass shootings and individual shootings are here to stay.

What we need to do is mitigate the harm that they do.

The things that seem very obvious to me are locking trigger guards, requiring substantial insurance for all gun owners, end assault type rifles and huge capacity magazines (the Texass shooter was able to expend 800 rounds per second) and

It would take time but its doable.

Problem is, the NRA lobby works for gun makers. All they care about is selling their product and the gun buyers don't care about gun deaths.

As with everything, follow the money.

I recently read that one of the Columbine shooters said they wanted to set a record. Many of the mass shooters want the same thing. That attitude evolved over a period of time. Until we are able to evolve, mass shooters will continue.

There's also the belief that a gun is the preferred way to settle even the most minor of disagreements. Its utterly stupid and self-defeating but the gun nuts brag that 'if he tried that with me, I'd blow him away'.

Third is the very strong desire to be Mighty Mouse. Read the posts here. There are many who believe that they will have the opportunity to prove they are real men, prove that carrying a gun is not as completely idiotic as we all know it is.

There are actually people who join the military because they really want to kill and they hope their military career gives them that opportunity.

Because its now so easy to get any gun you want, I believe mass shootings and individual shootings are here to stay.

The things that seem very obvious to me are locking trigger guards, requiring substantial insurance for all gun owners, end assault type rifles and huge capacity magazines (the Texass shooter was able to expend 800 rounds per second) and

Problem is, the NRA lobby works for gun makers. All they care about is selling their product and the gun buyers don't care about gun deaths.

(the Texass shooter was able to expend 800 rounds per second)

seriously?

With this recent church shooting and 26 dead the controversy regarding "gun control" comes up.
As more information about the shooter comes out the more it appears "gun control" measures weren't suffice.
So given the rise especially from the MSM clamoring for more "gun control"... what is the mechanism that would entirely eliminate ONCE and for ALL theses kinds of incidents done with "guns"?
Do the advocates for "gun control" want ALL guns confiscated? No more "gun" sales?
Explain what the ultimate solution to 100% elimination of future events like what happened in Texas on Sunday, in Las Vegas, et.al. mass "shootings" would be.

I really honestly want a dialogue as to how to 100% eradicate future mass shootings.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/mass-shootings-in-america-a-historical-review/5355990
View attachment 159282

View attachment 159283
It’s not about eliminating entirely. It’s about reducing occurrences.

Has anybody died in a mass murder by rocket launcher lately? No? Start selling them in every gun store and make it as easy as buying toothpaste in most states, and we’ll see if that holds up.

NO ONE is advocating "banning all guns"......It is simply a fucking stupid straw man argument by right wingers.....

Rather, we cannot allow the easy sale of assault, military-style weapons and huge ammunition clips whose ONLY purpose is to slaughter as many people as possible in the shortest number of minutes.....

Last edited:

View attachment 159282

View attachment 159283

Has anybody died in a mass murder by rocket launcher lately? No? Start selling them in every gun store and make it as easy as buying toothpaste in most states, and we’ll see if that holds up.
make it as easy as buying toothpaste in most states,

I need to move to one of those states,

I"m tired of waiting up to an hour for word to get back form NICS

View attachment 159282

View attachment 159283

make it as easy as buying toothpaste in most states,

I need to move to one of those states,

I"m tired of waiting up to an hour for word to get back form NICS
Yeah come to Virginia. You can be in and out of the store with an arsenal in less than 15 minutes.

i want to wake up a lot less to pee in the middle of the night but some things you just learn to accept.

you won't have a rational conversation on this any time soon.

View attachment 159282

View attachment 159283
Better aqueducts, better roads, and more well regulated militia is always the answer.

seriously?

Minute.

Sorry.

Most of the victims in the church were dead before they even realized what was happening. That's why more armed people inside would not have made a difference.

NO ONE is advocating "banning all guns"......But is simply fucking stupidity by right wingers.....

Rather, we cannot allow the easy sale of assault, military-style weapons and huge ammunition clips whose ONLY purpose is to slaughter as many people as possible in the shortest number of minutes.....

Absolutely true.

Notice that WillHaftawaite thinks slaughtering the most people possible is "funny".

Until the right values people over caressing their guns, nothing will change. The NRA has very successfully tapped into that lack of humanity.

i want to wake up a lot less to pee in the middle of the night but some things you just learn to accept.

Just like almost all causes of gun deaths, getting up to pee so many time can be mitigated, NOT ended, but lessened by drinking less. Stop all food and fluid intake at 7pm.

NO ONE is advocating "banning all guns"......But is simply fucking stupidity by right wingers.....

Absolutely true.

Notice that WillHaftawaite thinks slaughtering the most people possible is "funny".

Until the right values people over caressing their guns, nothing will change. The NRA has very successfully tapped into that lack of humanity.

not what I found funny, but keep spinning

Sorry.

Most of the victims in the church were dead before they even realized what was happening. That's why more armed people inside would not have made a difference.

Based on right wingers'"rationale,"all churches, schools and concerts should have every one armed and posting sentries....the very best definition of "freedom," so that the gun manufacturers and the NRA can profit.

Not if you're involved. Let the adults talk.

Not a solution to guarantee 100% no more mass shootings. Just more bandaids. Why not make ALL guns forbidden and have them turned in?
NO one can own a gun. Period.
But I want to point out 2 aspects of our society today that is different from even 40 years ago.
A) There is more gun laws then there were 40 years ago.
B) There is more awareness i.e. more MSM coverage and totally 7 by 24 hours of news.

No opinion just statement of two facts.

So why not do away with 2nd amendment and confiscate all guns. Period. No guns for police. No guns for military. ZERO.
Will that solve the problem? Of course not.
Then at what point can gun ban advocates accept more additional mass shootings because the reality is there never will be a complete
100% disappearance of mass shootings.

OK I'll give you that.
So this would mean a "mass killer" using a gun could only use a single shot rifle is that your point?
What would you suggest if instead of an AR-15 the Texas mass killer had drove his truck into the church killing the same # of people?
The tool is not the solution, i.e. banning assault,etc weapons won't change the intent of the evil killer. Just use another tool.
Ban Assault weapons will NOT stop mass killings. And you can't argue with that.
NO there is a more fundamental solution that is possible but even then wouldn't guarantee there never will be another mass killing.

So this would mean a "mass killer" using a gun could only use a single shot rifle is that your point?
What would you suggest if instead of an AR-15 the Texas mass killer had drove his truck into the church killing the same # of people?

Yeah.....what a "brilliant" defense of assault weapons.......comparing them to trucks is as moronic as trusting Trump to bring coal miners' jobs back to the U.S.....LOL

seriously?

that is one fast gun --LOL

Forum List

Back