Question for anyone who knows about subpoenas

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
I received a subpoena by mail, not certified, to testify about a case involving someone I’ve never heard of. The letter had the official municipal court houses’ number in my town it mnemonic it. Is it possible that this is a real subpoena, or is someone trying to scam me or pull my chain?

Personally, I'd say it's a scam.

But, that's just an opinion

I received a subpoena by mail, not certified, to testify about a case involving someone I’ve never heard of. The letter had the official municipal court houses’ number in my town it mnemonic it. Is it possible that this is a real subpoena, or is someone trying to scam me or pull my chain?
Call the court house and ask.

I was served a subpoena twice...it was a knock on my door...I was physically handed the papers and they said the words "YOU HAVE BEEN SERVED".

I’m thinking it’s a scam, but I have no idea how the attempted scam is supposed to work.. i mean you need to comply with a subpoena, but if the letter isn’t served to me or certified there’s no proof I have received it.

I’m going to call the court house tomorrow.

I’m thinking it’s a scam, but I have no idea how the attempted scam is supposed to work.. i mean you need to comply with a subpoena, but if the letter isn’t served to me or certified there’s no proof I have received it.

I’m going to call the court house tomorrow.
Yeah, I believe you should call the clerks office. They should be able to help you.

The subpoena was real, which surprised me because of what you guys were saying and all the research I’ve done on the net stated a subpoena has to be either served, sent certified, or oddly enough emailed. In any case, the subpoena has to do with a car accident I got into with a guy over the summer. It turns out the guy has no insurance

Forum List

Back