Question For John Atheist: Don't You Want To Remember Your Good Deeds Forever?

I have yet to meet a happy atheist.
I won't go that far. Although it certainly applies to the ones I converse with here on a regular basis.

But what I will say is that the best they can ever hope for when life requires them to make sacrifices is that they will suffer without complaint. Whereas people who walk in faith see the bigger picture and have peace through the storm.
Never met a happy atheist or never met an atheist happy with you? Dummy.
I never met an atheist who can tolerate anyone who's not an atheist.

And of course you have met every atheist in history to form this opinion, right? Not tolerating you is just common sense, not a fact of atheism.
I'm a "friend" of an atheist at work. And he is a "good guy" so long as religion isn't mentioned. Talk politics, speak about history, sports, etc.... But mention religion and he begins to shift uncomfortably and he starts to growl and hiss (poetic license). In school, I could speak about any subject, except religion. Those who were not church attenders would get defensive, saying, "You're full of crap." And simply walk away or want to pick a fight. There was no in between. They love to hate Christianity or want it hidden. They are not tolerant of it. They do not wish to contemplate the spiritual. They love parties, materialism, games, and fun. Unless an atheist has a serious issue/problem (illness, sorrow, pain, remorse) they are belligerent and not open to a discussion that they feel they are losing.

Hate to disappoint you but most atheists just do not care about religion or are trying to put some actual truth into your thinking. It appears from your statements that it is you going on the offensive and denying any possibility that there is a truth that you choose not to believe and are willing to try to pick a fight to defend your self proclaimed position.

Exceptionally dishonest of you.

Ad hominem much?
You just used that term incorrectly again. I do not think you know what that term means.
An ad hominem is an insult unrelated to the discussion.
You consistently insult anyone who disagrees with you even though you have 0 science credentials.

Yet the same actions have been practiced by you in every conversation.
You consider an honest question, which, by the way, you haven't bothered to research, an ad hominem?

You are free to believe any nonsense you wish. I wouldn't want to deny anyone that, as far as i am concerned. You are free to practice your beliefs as you wish, as long as it doesn't impact others too much. What more are you asking for?

I think the problem you have is that this puts your favored religion on the same shelf as any other.
The issue is that I don't care what you do or do not believe in.
Atheists are the ones who always attack first.
And not atheist person here has even attempted to explain the millions of accidents that created millions of male/female species; all I get is more insults.
At least I don't pretend to be an expert in 10 scientific fields in order to buttress nonsense.

It has indeed been tried multiple times but people with you religious bias reject any effort and attack it calling it a lie.

You admit to not being an expert yet you comment with self assumed authority on every field, which denies any crredibility on any subject from you.
Atheists claim to be experts and yet cannot answer the question.

Ad hominem much?
You just used that term incorrectly again. I do not think you know what that term means.
An ad hominem is an insult unrelated to the discussion.
You consistently insult anyone who disagrees with you even though you have 0 science credentials.

Yet the same actions have been practiced by you in every conversation.
You consider an honest question, which, by the way, you haven't bothered to research, an ad hominem?

You are the one falsely applying definitions to things that you disapprove of, so you tell me. Honestly if you can .

You are free to believe any nonsense you wish. I wouldn't want to deny anyone that, as far as i am concerned. You are free to practice your beliefs as you wish, as long as it doesn't impact others too much. What more are you asking for?

I think the problem you have is that this puts your favored religion on the same shelf as any other.
And not atheist person here has even attempted to explain the millions of accidents that created millions of male/female species; all I get is more insults.
At least I don't pretend to be an expert in 10 scientific fields in order to buttress nonsense.

It has indeed been tried multiple times but people with you religious bias reject any effort and attack it calling it a lie.

You admit to not being an expert yet you comment with self assumed authority on every field, which denies any credibility on any subject from you.

Theist claim to be experts on god yet cannot provide any proof of this existence, only faith based myths and fairytales.

It would be you and your ilk failing to answer questions, but you know that which is why you attack.

It were the Evangelicals who championed the end of slavery in both Great Britain and eventually the United States
Thanks to the reformation of christianity by superior, secular ideas. Do you think they didnt discover the Bible u til the year 1700? Same bible for thousands of years...then their morality improved. No, it wasn't due to the iron aged handbook.

You admit to not being an expert yet you comment with self assumed authority on every field, which denies any credibility on any subject from you.

Theist claim to be experts on god yet cannot provide any proof of this existence, only faith based myths and fairytales.

It would be you and your ilk failing to answer questions, but you know that which is why you attack.
<ahem> It's not an accident that a universe hardwired to produce intelligence being created from nothing popped into existence. :lol:

I won't go that far. Although it certainly applies to the ones I converse with here on a regular basis.

But what I will say is that the best they can ever hope for when life requires them to make sacrifices is that they will suffer without complaint. Whereas people who walk in faith see the bigger picture and have peace through the storm.

And of course you have met every atheist in history to form this opinion, right? Not tolerating you is just common sense, not a fact of atheism.
I'm a "friend" of an atheist at work. And he is a "good guy" so long as religion isn't mentioned. Talk politics, speak about history, sports, etc.... But mention religion and he begins to shift uncomfortably and he starts to growl and hiss (poetic license). In school, I could speak about any subject, except religion. Those who were not church attenders would get defensive, saying, "You're full of crap." And simply walk away or want to pick a fight. There was no in between. They love to hate Christianity or want it hidden. They are not tolerant of it. They do not wish to contemplate the spiritual. They love parties, materialism, games, and fun. Unless an atheist has a serious issue/problem (illness, sorrow, pain, remorse) they are belligerent and not open to a discussion that they feel they are losing.

Hate to disappoint you but most atheists just do not care about religion or are trying to put some actual truth into your thinking. It appears from your statements that it is you going on the offensive and denying any possibility that there is a truth that you choose not to believe and are willing to try to pick a fight to defend your self proclaimed position.

Nope, I love open discussion and that is just one reason I have a problem in governmentally controlled education. A person who doesn't care, wont get angry. Anyone who feels threatened will be offended. I've never been punched or threatened by anyone who didn't care.

Nope, I love open discussion and that is just one reason I have a problem in governmentally controlled education. A person who doesn't care, wont get angry. Anyone who feels threatened will be offended. I've never been punched or threatened by anyone who didn't care.

With your stated attitudes, I doubt your statement about being punched. Being angered and not caring are two different things. Of course you only care about your own attitudes which cause offense to others. Still not anger, just a desire to correct your false ideas, of which you have many.

BTW, you don't love open discussion. You love it when some fool agrees with you and causing you to have a problem with that person.

It were the Evangelicals who championed the end of slavery in both Great Britain and eventually the United States
Thanks to the reformation of christianity by superior, secular ideas. Do you think they didnt discover the Bible until the year 1700? Same bible for thousands of years...then their morality improved. No, it wasn't due to the iron aged handbook.
The Papacy would not allow the public reading of the Bible in anything other than Latin. Translations were banned. A Bible was expensive and a rare treasure. Education became a "thing" for only the wealthy, and so the poor had to depend on stained glass windows, statuary, and Roman Clerical views for their dose of the official "ritualism'. Even Martin Luther had know idea what salvation was until he began to investigate the "Roman church's" doctrinal stances and regarded them in light of the BIBLE ITSELF. The truth concerning Emperor Constantine was a two edged sword. Yes, Christians could openly worship; however, the government over the years began to control church worship and mix it with pagan ideals that was to corrupt the institution and when the Roman government moved to Constantinople, the "POPE" became the most important governing factor. This would remain the cultural norm until the around the time of the REFORMATION.

Let's put it this way, the people were largely non-Christian. They attended services, but they didn't understand them. Salvation was regarded as church attendance and tithing to build sumptuous church edifices. That church had become nothing but a whitewashed tomb with a rotting corpse inside. The people did what they wished, as long as they attended the local Roman Church, paid homage to the POPE, and paid their tithe ------ the "church" turned a blind eye.

Yes, of course there were still small cloistered communities where real Christians worshiped. And there were ministers who fed their flock the true message from the BIBLE. But being a believer then was no picnic. It wasn't until a larger amount of the general public began to question the authority of the pope and his church, that suddenly Bible's in languages other than Latin became the norm, and Bible studies became open, and Sunday Schools began to flourish, that the Roman church slowly began to change. YES, I do firmly believe that the REFORMATION was a vital REVIVAL that would happen again with the GREAT AWAKENING, and again during and after WORLD WAR II.

Right now, we are headed for the rise of the ANTI-Christ or one more REVIVAL before the rapture/catching away and then that GREAT TRIBULATION. Right now, we have more people everywhere being exposed to the Bible than ever before because of the Internet. People are aware of the Bible and are able to read it for themselves and compare it to their own religious beliefs (or lack of them). In any case there is limited excuses for people NOT to have either hear the Word or of The Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

With your stated attitudes, I doubt your statement about being punched. Being angered and not caring are two different things. Of course you only care about your own attitudes which cause offense to others. Still not anger, just a desire to correct your false ideas, of which you have many.

BTW, you don't love open discussion. You love it when some fool agrees with you and causing you to have a problem with that person.
I'm sure I have some false ideas as do you.

Your biggest false idea is that you know and understand what you claim to be your faith. It is not as stated in your bible or any teachings of whatever church you claim to follow.

Since you claim it to be so available, you should get some help in defining what is actually said. It is wrong but that is for you to find out.

I never claimed to be 100% correct, that is for you religious types. Much to your shame.

Your biggest false idea is that you know and understand what you claim to be your faith. It is not as stated in your bible or any teachings of whatever church you claim to follow.

Since you claim it to be so available, you should get some help in defining what is actually said. It is wrong but that is for you to find out.

I never claimed to be 100% correct, that is for you religious types. Much to your shame.
Acts 16:25-34
The Conversion of the Jailer

25About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. 26Suddenly a strong earthquake shook the foundations of the prison. At once all the doors flew open and everyone’s chains came loose.

27When the jailer woke up and saw the prison doors open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself, presuming that the prisoners had escaped. 28But Paul called out in a loud voice, “Do not harm yourself! We are all here!”

29Calling for lights, the jailer rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. 30Then he brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

31They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, you and your household.” 32Then Paul and Silas spoke the word of the Lord to him and to everyone in his house. 33At that hour of the night, the jailer took them and washed their wounds. And without delay, he and all his household were baptized. 34Then he brought them into his home and set a meal before them. So he and all his household rejoiced that they had come to believe in God.

John 16:1-21
Jesus Teaches Nicodemus
1 Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.[a]”

4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[b] gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[c] must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”[d]

9 “How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.

10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things? 11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.[e] 14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,[f] 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”[g]

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

The Rich Young Ruler Luke 18: 18-27
(Matthew 19:16–30; Mark 10:17–31)

18Then a certain ruler asked Him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

19“Why do you call Me good?” Jesus replied. “No one is good except God alone. 20You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not bear false witness, honor your father and mother.’b

21“All these I have kept from my youth,” he said.

22On hearing this, Jesus told him, “You still lack one thing: Sell everything you own and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.”

23But when the ruler heard this, he became very sad, because he was extremely wealthy.

24Seeing the man’s sadness,c Jesus said, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! 25Indeed, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

26Those who heard this asked, “Who then can be saved?”

27But Jesus said, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.”

Jesus the Light of the World John 8:12-23

12Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life.”

13So the Pharisees said to Him, “You are testifying about Yourself; Your testimony is not valid.”

14Jesus replied, “Even if I testify about Myself, My testimony is valid, because I know where I came from and where I am going. But you do not know where I came from or where I am going. 15You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one. 16But even if I do judge, My judgment is true, because I am not alone; I am with the Father who sent Me. 17Even in your own Law it is written that the testimony of two men is valid. 18 I am One who testifies about Myself, and the Father, who sent Me, also testifies about Me.”

19“Where is Your Father?” they asked Him.

“You do not know Me or My Father,” Jesus answered. “If you knew Me, you would know My Father as well.”

20He spoke these words while teaching in the temple courts, near the treasury. Yet no one seized Him, because His hour had not yet come.

21Again He said to them, “I am going away, and you will look for Me, but you will die in your sin. Where I am going, you cannot come.”

22So the Jews began to ask, “Will He kill Himself, since He says, ‘Where I am going, you cannot come’?”

23Then He told them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24That is why I told you that you would die in your sins. For unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

Last edited:

25About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. 26Suddenly a strong earthquake shook the foundations of the prison. At once all the doors flew open and everyone’s chains came loose.

27When the jailer woke up and saw the prison doors open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself, presuming that the prisoners had escaped. 28But Paul called out in a loud voice, “Do not harm yourself! We are all here!”

29Calling for lights, the jailer rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. 30Then he brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

31They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, you and your household.” 32Then Paul and Silas spoke the word of the Lord to him and to everyone in his house. 33At that hour of the night, the jailer took them and washed their wounds. And without delay, he and all his household were baptized. 34Then he brought them into his home and set a meal before them. So he and all his household rejoiced that they had come to believe in God.

Jesus Teaches Nicodemus
1 Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.[a]”

4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[b] gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[c] must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”[d]

10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things? 11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.[e] 14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,[f] 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”[g]

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

18Then a certain ruler asked Him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

19“Why do you call Me good?” Jesus replied. “No one is good except God alone. 20You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not bear false witness, honor your father and mother.’b

22On hearing this, Jesus told him, “You still lack one thing: Sell everything you own and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.”

23But when the ruler heard this, he became very sad, because he was extremely wealthy.

24Seeing the man’s sadness,c Jesus said, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! 25Indeed, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

Any eyewitnesses to this alleged tale? When was it recorded and what proof has ever been presented in support?

Just another myth being put forth by the deluded adherents of this idea.

For that matter, is there any physical proof of this Jesus you claim to admire? I'll wait.

Jesus Teaches Nicodemus

Any eyewitnesses to this alleged tale? When was it recorded and what proof has ever been presented in support?

For that matter, is there any physical proof of this Jesus you claim to admire? I'll wait.
Actually, the accounts are found in several books of the New Testament that were written by different people, everyone of which is either reputed to have been a witness or a witness to the person who was there. There is more ancient documentation surrounding Jesus the Messiah than any other event or individual from that time period.

Jesus Teaches Nicodemus

Actually, the accounts are found in several books of the New Testament that were written by different people, everyone of which is either reputed to have been a witness or a witness to the person who was there. There is more ancient documentation surrounding Jesus the Messiah than any other event or individual from that time period.

So no proof, huh? Just more myths without evidence. As expected.

Jesus Teaches Nicodemus

You're the one with no proof only speculation. All the Apostles are recorded to have died horrible deaths on account of their faith in JESUS the MESSIAH. People don't die willingly for what they know to be a lie, and neither would I.

Jesus Teaches Nicodemus

You're the one with no proof only speculation. All the Apostles are recorded to have died horrible deaths on account of their faith in JESUS the MESSIAH. People don't die willingly for what they know to be a lie, and neither would I.

No, that is how the religious have claimed that they died. Very doubtful and you cannot possibly know the motivations from 2000 years ago, just the story the religious claim to have happened. They would lie, and so do you.

The Papacy would not allow the public reading of the Bible in anything other than Latin
Read it in Latin or pig latin, and it is still an instructional book for slavery.

Same bible for thousands of years...then the enlightenment occurred and christianity was reformed by superior, secular ideas...

Yet you try to credit the bible for this? This is what faith does to an otherwise normal brain.

Forum List

Back