Zone1 Question for Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, as I was thinking about it, the 3 sentence rule is ridiculous.

I could post numerous threads that start with 1 or 2 sentences that would be good threads.

Examples:

"Who here grows tomatoes? What varieties do you prefer?"

"Why would Trump take classified documents when he left office? Unless it was for nefarious purposes."

"I just watched the A Day game. Alabama is looking good enough to win it all this year."

"What religion does everyone practice or believe in? I am just curious."

"Why are people so upset about same sex marriage? It does not effect your marriage at all."

When did this new rule occur and where does it state this?

Fact of the matter is that the Clean OP guidelines USED to require TWO sentences. It has been changed to THREE sentences. Not sure when but I've seen this brought up now by mods at least 4-5 times on recent days.

But who ever stops to think, gee, let me scan through the 12,000 word list of rules looking to see if any words have changed? In an ideal world, Xenforo would have the ability to bulk mail out rule changes to all members when made, maybe put in their PM, along with other global mod notifications. Then there would be no confusion or excuses.

I stand corrected. But that means a a single sentence could be used to start a good thread.
If it represents an original thought and delivered in hopes of stimulating actual debate of an issue, true.

If it is just a stupid cut and paste by some weenie wanting to start a bunch of partisan monkey poop flinging, not so much.

If it represents an original thought and delivered in hopes of stimulating actual debate of an issue, true.

If it is just a stupid cut and paste by some weenie wanting to start a bunch of partisan monkey poop flinging, not so much.

Now that explanation works for me. Not quantity but quality.

Maybe a rule that addresses that? And make it apply to the posts in the thread?

It's pointless in many threads. It sucks to have to make-up a couple extra sentences of meaningless banter to satisfy some over-zealous mod with a rule book and a attitude.

Case in point:

I mean what is there really left to say?

It's pointless in many threads. It sucks to have to make-up a couple sentences of meaningless banter to satisfy some over-zealous mod with a rule book and a attitude.

Case in point:

I mean what is there really left to say?

I didn't realize they created the rule but it seems ludicrous

Aye is a him, now?

Gender certainly is quite the fluid construct now, isn't it?
Sorry, but unless I happen to remember some discussion about a poster's genitals, I generally don't bother trying to keep up with who is what.

Fact of the matter is that the Clean OP guidelines USED to require TWO sentences. It has been changed to THREE sentences. Not sure when but I've seen this brought up now by mods at least 4-5 times on recent days.

But who ever stops to think, gee, let me scan through the 12,000 word list of rules looking to see if any words have changed? In an ideal world, Xenforo would have the ability to bulk mail out rule changes to all members when made, maybe put in their PM, along with other global mod notifications. Then there would be no confusion or excuses.
Where’s it say that?
I have no problem if it’s documented clearly for everyone.

And it’s equally enforced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back