Questions for those that would ban 'assault weapons'

Why do you say that I am paranoid? I have said several times that my only semi-auto suitable for self defense has a capacity of 8 rounds.

My favorite for home defense.
https://www.google.com/search?q=fnx...QKfGgyQGKwYCYDA&ved=0CGkQsAQ&biw=1536&bih=765

Thing is freaken amazing!!!

FNH does not play. lol And I like that they have them in .45ACP.

The fifteen round mags dont make the grip to thick like the Glock 21.
I dont have the biggest hands and it's still very manageable. And by far the most accurate .45 I've ever shot.

I dont have the biggest hands and it's still very manageable. And by far the most accurate .45 I've ever shot.

My Springfield 1911 is a pretty accurate pistol. It wasn't. But replacing the MilSpec trigger with a Wilson Combat trigger made a LOT of difference. Better sights did the rest. I have fairly large hands, but I have always liked the slimmer grip of the single stack magazine. It lays flatter for better concealment too.

My Springfield 1911 is a pretty accurate pistol. It wasn't. But replacing the MilSpec trigger with a Wilson Combat trigger made a LOT of difference. Better sights did the rest. I have fairly large hands, but I have always liked the slimmer grip of the single stack magazine. It lays flatter for better concealment too.

The FNX is definitely not CC pistol!:lol:
Putting the Trijicon RM07 on but I'm waiting on the back ordered mounting plate.
I've never used a pistol with reflex sights. Really looking forward to checking them out.

Background checks are the law. And I see no one suggesting they be eliminated. Every Licensed firearm dealer MUST conduct a background check NO MATTER where he or she sells a firearm, that INCLUDES Gun shows. Remind us again about a non existent loop hole?

As for the supposed Assault weapon NOT one of you whiners has EVER described what makes a weapon an assault version.
A semi automatic firing system and a magazine with greater than ten rounds. That's what makes a weapon and 'assault weapon'.

So...that includes most 9mm, 10mm, and .40 pistols. It includes many small-caliber plinking rifles, including the little .22-caliber Model 1903 Winchester.

Heck, it might include a LeMat, which is a Civil War cavalry pistol!

I have been wondering why there is constant equivocation among gun nuts? You can't agree on simple definitions. If someone makes a statement about a clip, they are called idiots because the proper word is 'magazine'. You get all bogged done in semantics. I guess that makes it more palatable when news of another mass shooting goes gun lust salves the brutality and makes the corpses smell less like dead and more like game.
You didn't answer his questions.
Imagine that.
The simple, easy to understand point is if you have a weapon with a semi automatic firing system and fitted with a magazine holding more than ten rounds, you are not on the defensive, but on the offensive. Such weapons are designed to wreck as much carnage as possible. Maybe that's why they are the weapon of choice for lunatics and the immature.

Repeating a stupid statement does not make it less stupid, only more annoying!

Why aren't you ashamed of gun violence?

I loathe gun violence. But I am not ashamed of it. I have never once been violent using a firearm. In fact, I have been prepared, on numerous occasions, to stop violence with or without a firearm. But the gun violence is not my fault. It is the fault of the person committing the violent act.
Do you see a co-relation between escalated gun violence and the availability of cheap powerful weapons not available fifty years ago at the price or quantity? If criminals had access to assault weapons in the early 1960s at today's price and diverse design and quantity, do you think gun violence, mass shootings, drive by shootings and assaults on the innocent in public places would be a problem? Is there a connection between the tool and the work? Criminals surely have been around forever. But the availability of assault weapons has rendered them more deadly than ever. Certainly it isn't a change in criminality. Some blame must be put on the gun itself.

Thank you for that hanging curveball! Fifty years ago, anyone could buy a magazine-fed 20mm anti-tank gun, and they could buy it mail-order!

Honestly...I have thought about it, but unless it's a true 1911 (not a knockoff, an actual military-surplus Automatic Pistol, Caliber .45, M1911A1 made by Colt), I'm just not willing to trust my life to it! Give me a revolver.

Honestly...I have thought about it, but unless it's a true 1911 (not a knockoff, an actual military-surplus Automatic Pistol, Caliber .45, M1911A1 made by Colt), I'm just not willing to trust my life to it! Give me a revolver.

I like a wheel gun for it's historical value more so then it's function.
Dont care for double action triggers and the serious lack of ammo that comes with a wheel gun either.
I'll take a good quality semi auto every time in a .40 at minimum,but preferably in a .45.

Mine is made by Springfield Armory. I have seen the Colt MilSpec versions, and Springfields is as good or better. The weaknesses of the standard M1911A1, in my opinion are the trigger, sights, quality of the springs, sturdiness of the firing pin, and the quality of the magazines.

Mine has springs, firing pin, trigger and sights replaced by Wilson Combat versions. And Wilson's magazines have never failed to fall free of the pistol, even when empty.

I am a huge revolver fan. But the M1911 is my one exception as far as pistols go. I have a Ruger MkII, but I will probably end up trading it or selling it at some point.

Dont care for double action triggers and the serious lack of ammo that comes with a wheel gun either.
I'll take a good quality semi auto every time in a .40 at minimum,but preferably in a .45.

I like a revolver for the absolute reliability. If a round doesn't fire, pull the trigger again. Yes, there can be problems, but they are rare enough to be considered flukes.

I also like that various types of ammo can be used, like shotshells. Plus, being a big fan of 'thumper' rounds, they come in the best calibers.

I like my S&W for several reasons...mostly: accuracy, reliability, and its extremely-high hitting power.

I like my S&W for several reasons...mostly: accuracy, reliability, and its extremely-high hitting power.

I like the FNX for pretty much the same reasons.....that,and of course 16 rounds of .45.

I like my Model 29...because I can put all six on a paint can at 50 yards. Also: 1600+lb/ft is nice. :)

But damn, a S&W 460 is tempting...

I like my Model 29...because I can put all six on a paint can at 50 yards. Also: 1600+lb/ft is nice. :)

You could definitely hunt with it no doubt.
I just dont see me taking to many 50 yard shots in the house.:lol:
I'm good with 75ft. for home defense since the average gun fight with pistols is around seven yards.

That .460 is crazy!! I've been debating with myself on what to get in a new wheel gun.
It's either going to be a .357 or a .44 mag.
I love how a .357 with a six inch barrel feels and i'm not sure I want to deal with the recoil of a 44 mag.

I'm good with 75ft. for home defense since the average gun fight with pistols is around seven yards.

That .460 is crazy!! I've been debating with myself on what to get in a new wheel gun.
I love how a .357 with a six inch barrel feels and i'm not sure I want to deal with the recoil of a 44 mag.

I've never shot a .44 double action that I liked. S&W and Rugers all kick straight back. I do love a .44 single action though. I've put pork & venison in the freezer with one.

I've never shot a .44 double action that I liked. S&W and Rugers all kick straight back. I do love a .44 single action though. I've put pork & venison in the freezer with one.

I like shooting a wheel gun for the fun of it for the most part. I dont see me hunting with it or using it for home defense. Just something to help round out the ol collection.:lol:
Getting a new gun is like dating a new chick...and since I'm married thats out of the question. I enjoy the different characteristics of how they shoot,how one gun may fit your buddy but you cant hit shit with it,and vice versa.

I like shooting a wheel gun for the fun of it for the most part. I dont see me hunting with it or using it for home defense. Just something to help round out the ol collection.:lol:
Getting a new gun is like dating a new chick...and since I'm married thats out of the question. I enjoy the different characteristics of how they shoot,how one gun may fit your buddy but you cant hit shit with it,and vice versa.

I agree completely.

I have a 8.375" M629 and 4" M620.
The long heavy barrel on the 44 goes a long way to attenuate the recoil - the muzzle rise isn't all that bad and allows me to get back on the sights pretty quickly.

I keep both in the bedroom loaded with 240gr JSP; the wife has the 620 with 158gr JHPs. I have a couple autos, including my carry gun, but as said before, the wheelguns are absolutely reliable, which is what I want when someting goes bump at 0300.

Forum List

Back