Questions for those that would ban 'assault weapons'

Why is it so important for gun owners to be able to own an assault rifle with 30-rd magazine? It's not like you're ever going to use them to actually defend anyone's freedom. You can try to cite Nevada but that was misinformed FOX-watching morons protecting a criminal. The Founders didn't envision a nation where the People use the 2nd Amendment to make sure that laws are not enforced.

the AWB was silly...
that doesn't mean that background checks shouldn't happen and those loopholes closed.
Your red herring aisde...
Background checks happen thousands of times every day, and there is no loophole.
Now, go back to cleaning your urinals -- and have a great day at it.

what "red herring"?

it's not my fault you missed the point.

and there are no background checks if i sell you a weapon.

there are no background checks if you go to a gun show.

but nice try.

You are a lawyer one would expect you to know the law, in FACT background checks are mandatory even at gun shows, ANY dealer with a federal license MUST do a back ground check no matter where they sell the firearm. The number of private citizens with OUT a license selling at gun shows is so small as to be meaningless.

BDAoR89CAAAMV8W.jpg

An AK-47 is NOT and has never been a machine gun. And the types legal to buy in the US do not have full auto capability unless you get a special federal license.

Well, you know ole Ronnie with his Alzheimers and all, probably forgot to include "and/or" between those two gun types. It's pretty clear to me that he wasn't for widespread use of assault weapons. That's gotta chap the hide of a lot of conservatives, don'tcha know.

Can't help yourself can you? Just about every post you make in regards firearms is a blatant lie. Obama wants an assault weapon ban, Many high ranking members of the Democratic leadership in both the House and Senate WANT an assault weapon ban. After Newton the openly admitted it with Obama adding his voice to the call for it. They lost. Not because they didn't try but because they did not have the votes to even get it out of committee.

Now here you are claiming no one said they want one, no one tried to get one started and that we are all making shit up. The only one making shit up is you and your buddies.

Same with making a list of who owns firearms. It serves only one purpose, to eventually allow the Government to outlaw firearms and know where to collect them from private citizens. You are lying when you claim that is not true also.

Wait just a minute. I read on here all the time that there are no assault weapons being offered for sale here in the USA. Only "sporting rifles". Then a gun nutter self identifies a weapon as an assault weapon. (see above highlighted)

So which one of you gun nutters are lying. Seeing as how you all seem to agree that there are assault weapons on the market.

Do gun shops sell assault weapons or don't they?
I don't see anyone saying 'assault weapons' are not currently for sale, especially in the post you quoted.

Now, perhaps you could address the questions asked in the OP.

Lets make this "discussion" a little more simple.

IF I walk into my local gun store and ask the salesman to show me assault rifles, what weapon(s) would he take off the rack?

You got any pictures of THOSE weapons?

Pretend you are the salesman. I want an assault rifle from your store. What are you gonna sell me? What will it look like?

I need a better understanding of just what it is that YOU think is an assault rifle. Show pictures.

Any gun lover answer what the primary purpose of an AK47 is? At the time it was designed. And how it has been used. As an assault rifle the world over.

I just can't figure out why you gun lovers don't know what an assault rifle is.

Wait just a minute. I read on here all the time that there are no assault weapons being offered for sale here in the USA. Only "sporting rifles". Then a gun nutter self identifies a weapon as an assault weapon. (see above highlighted)

So which one of you gun nutters are lying. Seeing as how you all seem to agree that there are assault weapons on the market.

I don't see anyone saying 'assault weapons' are not currently for sale, especially in the post you quoted.

IF I walk into my local gun store and ask the salesman to show me assault rifles, what weapon(s) would he take off the rack?
We aren't talking about assault rifles.
We're talking about 'assault weapons'.

Pretend you are the salesman. I want an assault rifle from your store. What are you gonna sell me? What will it look like?

I need a better understanding of just what it is that YOU think is an assault rifle. Show pictures.

Any gun lover answer what the primary purpose of an AK47 is? At the time it was designed. And how it has been used. As an assault rifle the world over.

Oh please. Yes, we know what you mean when you say "assault rifle". That does not change the fact that the actual definition of the term, as coined by the military, is that of a fully automatic rifle.

However, like many words, terms and phrases, the definition changes over time. The definition now includes the ridiculous notion that a semi-automatic rifle with a bayonet lug and a flash suppressor is an "assault rifle". But the exact same rifle without the flash suppressor and bayonet lug, is not. This is why the OP includes those two pics. And this is why one rifle, like the AR15 with the aforementioned flash suppressor and lug, are apparently so much more dangerous than those without those cosmetic features.

You know, because of all the drive-by bayonetings.

Not a single one of you (and by "you" I mean the people mentioned in the title of the thread) can answer the quesion in the OP, eh?
Color me surprised.

Oh please. Yes, we know what you mean when you say "assault rifle". That does not change the fact that the actual definition of the term, as coined by the military, is that of a fully automatic rifle.

However, like many words, terms and phrases, the definition changes over time. The definition now includes the ridiculous notion that a semi-automatic rifle with a bayonet lug and a flash suppressor is an "assault rifle". But the exact same rifle without the flash suppressor and bayonet lug, is not. This is why the OP includes those two pics. And this is why one rifle, like the AR15 with the aforementioned flash suppressor and lug, are apparently so much more dangerous than those without those cosmetic features.

To bad you all couldn't (or wouldn't) put up a couple photos of what you gun nuts consider "assault weapons".

Or are they not assault weapons because they are not fully auto?

Is that they ONLY difference between what I can walk in and buy and what the military has available? Full auto vs single shot?

How long does it take a competent gunsmith to convert a wannabe assault weapon to a fully automatic assault weapon?

Or are you gonna claim that converting to full auto is not possible? Can you convert, lets say a 30.06 rifle to a fully automatic assault rifle? How about my .22 single shot rifle? Can you convert an AK47? AR15?

Do you all know what an assault rifle IS? And isn't.

Hey winterborn. You hunt deer with a bayonet? Then why you need a bayonet mount on your hunting rifle?

"Please try to answer in a manner that does not involve emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty" disqualified militia mutts and gun nuts.

When a deer has automatic weapons, then so should the hunters.

To bad you all couldn't (or wouldn't) put up a couple photos of what you gun nuts consider "assault weapons".

Is that they ONLY difference between what I can walk in and buy and what the military has available? Full auto vs single shot?

How long does it take a competent gunsmith to convert a wannabe assault weapon to a fully automatic assault weapon?

Or are you gonna claim that converting to full auto is not possible? Can you convert, lets say a 30.06 rifle to a fully automatic assault rifle? How about my .22 single shot rifle? Can you convert an AK47? AR15?

Hey winterborn. You hunt deer with a bayonet? Then why you need a bayonet mount on your hunting rifle?

Yes, you can probably convert most semi-autos into fully automatic weapons. It would take a machine shop to produce some parts, but yes you can.

Just like the ingredients to Meth are legal but making the drug is not, creating a fully automatic weapon is illegal.

No, I don't hunt with a bayonet. But the 2nd Amendment is not about hunting.

The only reason I would want a bayonet on a rifle is if I were recreating an authentic looking battle rifle.

So zeke, are bayonets really a big problem where you live? I mean, I haven't heard of a bayoneting. But perhaps I have just missed the story in the news?

Plus, this is not really about bayonets. This is about the ridiculous cosmetic features that some lunatics believe make a rifle more dangerous. The fact that you pic features that LOOK scary shows your ignorance of the issue.

Go back to the OP and try to tell us why one rifle should be banned but the other should not?

"Please try to answer in a manner that does not involve emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty" disqualified militia mutts and gun nuts.

When a deer has automatic weapons, then so should the hunters.

Many of the assault rifles are in .223 Remington (5.56mm). That caliber is illegal to use to hunt deer in most states (the ones that limit calibers, anyway).

The AK is in 7.62x39mm. I'm not sure what the downrange ballistics are on that round, but the accuracy leaves something to be desired for hunting. At least for me.

Does that help?

Now, if you could show me any reputable constitutional scholar who has said that the 2nd Amendment was about hunting guns, I will be happy to continue.

Oh, and since you seem in favor of a ban on "assault rifles" (no doubt as defined by the previous ban), tell me why you are worried about a gunsmith (and machinist) converting rifles to fire fully auto? After all, that is illegal and has been banned since the 1930s. If you do not believe that will work......

And I can guarantee is is MUCH easier to fabricate a 30 round magazine than it is to convert a rifle to fire fully auto.

Apparently, someone didn't read the OP.

Somone also doesn't understand the issue here is 'assault weapons', not assault rifles, and so any discussion of assault rifles is meaningless.

That same someone has yet to address the questions asked in the OP.

:eusa_whistle:

Apparently, someone didn't read the OP.

Somone also doesn't understand the issue here is 'assault weapons', not assault rifles, and so any discussion of assault rifles is meaningless.

That same someone has yet to address the questions asked in the OP.

:eusa_whistle:

Of course they haven't. To do so honestly would be to admit that the ban was based on cosmetic nonsense.

Tax the crap out of them and they become much less prevalent. Worked with cigarettes and it will work with guns. Make owners buy insurance on them as we do cars and they become even less appealing.

Simple...

Obviously the rest of the world is doing something right and we are doing something wrong here...the murder rates speak for themselves.

Because if that darn 2nd Amendment won't let us ban weapons, let us just tax them into oblivion! That way, no-one can defend themselves! The people can't even threaten rebellion without some sort of weapon to use! Now we can do whatever the hell we want because we're greedy self-serving politicians! YAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

You see, there seems to be a problem with your reasoning.

Fine. Ban all semi-automatic weapons AND large ammo clips. How many rounds per second do you need to kill a deer anyway?

Nobody said an assault weapons ban would have prevented Newtown.
Try honesty.
I see you, again, aren't interested in discussing the issue with any degree of honesty.
Back on ignore.

This nutter wants honesty....and gets it. Then puts on earmuffs.

SOP

Honesty is not being full of shit. That's exactly what they said....and do to this day.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otTiaGPpePs]Gun Grabbing Feinstein: Background Checks Would Not Have Prevented Newtown - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKph80pU4e0]Newtown Dad Pleads At Senate For Assault Weapons Ban - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48DPJYA8et4]Senator Feinstein on assault weapons legislation - YouTube[/ame]

I could post these all day. When you want to truly be honest come back and we'll talk.

Forum List

Back