Questions on Decriminalization/Legalization movement

It's the most absurd claim in the history of this board. I challenge anyone to say something more ludicrous. I understand not everyone who believes in legalization is an addict. Many don't smoke weed and if they do, they may use it casually. Many people think marijuana is begin. My opinion is the are wrong. I can understand their POV is about liberty. Totally get it, but I'm not on their side, which is not to say I'm against liberty, I just don't see it that way. It's the addicts, however, that say most outrageous, ridicules and offensive things. Things like legalizing pot was what won WWII, pot cures cancer, pot oil is answer to our energy woes, etc.. They're addicts. Katz is correct - being an addict is a life long struggle, there are no happy endings. Addicts say and do whatever they must do defend their addiction. It's not about liberty for them, they just want to make it easier to feed their addiction.

Uh.... dood.....

YOU'RE the one who suggested "hemp won WWII". Wanna see it again? This is the first time the assertion appears:

Fuck you with your bullshit story about how legalizing pot won WWII! You're an absolute disgrace, you dirty fucking pothead!

Does that sound rational to you? Or psychotic?

And once again, cannabis is not now, and has never been, addictive, so "addicts" is irrelevant. Furthermore, your idol Katz has publicly stated here that pot smokers should be shot in the face (she later allowed that it wouldn't have to be the face) and right in this thread that they should have "an accident in the back of a patrol car".

So you tell me who's fucking hallucinating here. :lmao:

I had this conversation with him before. He claimed legalizing pot won us WWII won numerous times. Get your facts straight, skippy.

I read back, and I quoted his post in full. It's not there. You brought it up.

Hallucinations.

Just as you're calling posters "addicts" for a substance that isn't even addictive. Two more hallucinations. So yeah tell us all about "psychosis". :lol:

Last edited:
suppressing it based on lies is different though right?.....

No one needs to lie. The evidence that pot is harmful to society, in a way where it should be banned is overwhelming.

also a lot of overwhelming evidence that it is made out to be much worse than it is.....and quit being a hypocrite Rock.....Alcohol is much worse and yet you have no problems with that and the damage it has done......is the reason because you do some drinking once in a while?....

I hardly ever drink. Like I said before - I'm very health conscious. I realize alcohol may be worse then pot when abused and alcohol abuse is a problem. I don't think prohibition of alcohol would effectively deal with the problem. The problem with pot is that the potential for abuse is greater and even in moderation it is bad for you.

Uh.... dood.....

YOU'RE the one who suggested "hemp won WWII". Wanna see it again? This is the first time the assertion appears:

Does that sound rational to you? Or psychotic?

And once again, cannabis is not now, and has never been, addictive, so "addicts" is irrelevant. Furthermore, your idol Katz has publicly stated here that pot smokers should be shot in the face (she later allowed that it wouldn't have to be the face) and right in this thread that they should have "an accident in the back of a patrol car".

So you tell me who's fucking hallucinating here. :lmao:

I had this conversation with him before. He claimed legalizing pot won us WWII won numerous times. Get your facts straight, skippy.

Hallucinations.

I've had this conversation with him in other threads. Ask him specifically if legalizing pot won America WWII. [MENTION=45917]KNB[/MENTION]

No one needs to lie. The evidence that pot is harmful to society, in a way where it should be banned is overwhelming.

also a lot of overwhelming evidence that it is made out to be much worse than it is.....and quit being a hypocrite Rock.....Alcohol is much worse and yet you have no problems with that and the damage it has done......is the reason because you do some drinking once in a while?....

I hardly ever drink. Like I said before - I'm very health conscious. I realize alcohol may be worse then pot when abused and alcohol abuse is a problem. I don't think prohibition of alcohol would effectively deal with the problem. The problem with pot is that the potential for abuse is greater and even in moderation it is bad for you.
I realize alcohol may be worse then pot when abused and alcohol abuse is a problem.

but yet when i asked you about this you said..."you can drink responsibly"....i got news for you....so do 95% of the people who smoke Pot....

Addicts saying pot isn't addictive is part of the problem. All you dishonest pushers keep comparing how addictive it is to things like heroin and it isn't. But it is addictive. All you have to do is look at pot heads. ....

tapatalk post

Addicts saying pot isn't addictive is part of the problem. All you dishonest pushers keep comparing how addictive it is to things like heroin and it isn't. But it is addictive. All you have to do is look at pot heads. ....

tapatalk post

Ah good, the old "everybody knows" fallacy. Haven't seen that one in at least twenty minutes.

And you have the temerity to call others dishonest... :cuckoo:

Last edited:

tapatalk post

Ah good, the old "everybody knows" fallacy. Haven't seen that one in at least twenty minutes.

Hey if you can't understand what i post don't quote me.

tapatalk post

tapatalk post

All you dishonest pushers

your so honest you wont even answer my simple little question.....the reason?....because it would show how clueless you are about pot and its users..

Addicts saying pot isn't addictive is part of the problem.

and people like you and Katz dont do the anti-pot position any good dipshit....you come off like 2 paranoids afraid of something that you have no knowledge of....but think you do....because someone told you or you read it somewhere....

tapatalk post

Hey if you can't understand what i post don't quote me.

tapatalk post

you dont even understand what you post.....

Chocolate is addictive. We should outlaw chocolate.

Considering that chocolate has caused more overdoses than marijuana.

Hallucinations.

I've had this conversation with him in other threads. Ask him specifically if legalizing pot won America WWII. [MENTION=45917]KNB[/MENTION]
Did legalizing pot help America win World War II? Yes. The proof is on film from the US Federal government:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngc0_mQ5tjE]Hemp For Victory (1942) U.S. Department of Agriculture - YouTube[/ame]

You actually have to push "play" and watch the film.

Legal "Marihuana" did not only make rope for the Navy. It also provided parachutes, boot laces, uniforms, tents, rucksacks, and thousands of civilian jobs.

According to the film, US Cannabis production increased by "several thousand percent" from 1941 to 1942. Would anyone like to argue that the legalization of "Marihuana" did NOT help America win World War II? Please explain how the US would have been able to fight the war without a functioning Navy.

Try not to be stupid. No one but you pot heads ever suggests that.

tapatalk post
No one suggests what? That marijuana is as addictive as chocolate? Marijuana is as addictive as chocolate. It sure as hell isn't as addictive as tobacco cigarettes, alcohol, or Oxycontin.

No one but misguided drug warriors suggest that marijuana causes violence AND laziness at the same time.

Last edited:
Are you retarded?

Marijuana was outlawed in 1937. Why? "Because Marihuana causes incurable insanity". 1937 to 1972. That's 35 years. That's 35 years of people smoking illegal marijuana and NOT developing psychosis. The Shafer Commission reviewed all of the data available and came to the conclusion that the majority of claims against marijuana were false.

From 1972 to today, millions of Americans have been smoking marijuana and NOT developing psychosis. So from 1937 to 2014, the anti-drug dumbfucks have been saying that marijuana has to be illegal because it causes psychosis and yet for the past 77 years, there hasn't been any widespread surge in the number of pot smokers developing schizophrenia or any other mental problems.

Since 1972

Marijuana Use Linked To Psychotic Symptoms In Teenagers - Medical News Today

You quoted other links but I'll just focus on this one because they all say the same thing:

The researchers couldn't determine whether marijuana use directly increases the risk of developing psychotic symptoms.

But really, marijuana causes psychosis because this study says so, even though it doesn't say that at all. Good job, Republican.

How long has marijuana been tolerated in Holland? How many mass killings do they have as a direct result of marijuana-induced psychotic rampages?

Last edited:
Several things here.................

First off, marijuana IS NOT PHYSICALLY ADDICTIVE. Studies have been done since the 60's by the U.S. Government (usually on active duty military personnel), and they found that no matter how much you smoked, you could not become physically addicted to cannabis.

Since the 70's, when people started to seriously start taking a look at it, there have been several medical benefits that have positively been attributed to cannabis use by either smoking or eating it. It can help with anything from glaucoma, to ADHD, to helping with the nausea that come with undergoing chemotherapy, to helping people who have diseases and medications that mess with their appetite (chemo is one of those meds by the way), to even being shown to help in certain cases with Alzheimer's and epilepsy.

Sure.............you can say that if kids get ahold of it, it can mess up their brains, but that's because the human brain isn't fully developed until you're around 18 or 20, and if a person was to be a regular drinker while they are young, those kids can also develop behavior problems, because alcohol ALSO affects development of the brain, which is why anyone who advocated for legalization also provide the stipulation that it should be treated like alcohol, and not sold to anyone under the age of 21.

One of the current scourges that legal marijuana would also help to get rid of is the "synthetic marijuana" that is developed in labs and is inundated with lots of different chemicals, many of which have been proven to have a seriously adverse effect on the user, in that it quite often causes psychosis or even death. I have heard many news stories where someone smoked a synthetic pot mixture like K2 or any of those other "herbal blends" that they sell in head shops, and ended up becoming violent and hurting others or even ending up going to the emergency room because of the toxins, and in some cases dying.

I've NEVER heard of a news story that reported someone smoking a joint and dying from smoking the joint, or smoking a joint and then going on a violent rampage.

I can also tell you that I worked in a biker bar for around 5 years, and yes, some of the patrons did go out back and smoke pot. Guess what I found? The people who smoked only were ALWAYS polite and good tippers, the ones that smoked pot and drank were okay to be around, because they didn't get too rowdy, and the ones that drank only or drank and did other drugs? They were the ones I had to keep a close eye on, because they would quite often act up.

Medical marijuana has been around for a few years now, and I haven't seen any problems with it, and now that CO and WA have made it legal for recreational use, I don't see many problems cropping up because of that, but time will tell.

Another thing that would be a benefit if pot were legal would be a lower justice bill for the nation, because then there would be a lot less people getting locked up for what I consider to be a very minor offense.

Legalize it now.

tapatalk post
No one suggests what? That marijuana is as addictive as chocolate? Marijuana is as addictive as chocolate. It sure as hell isn't as addictive as tobacco cigarettes, alcohol, or Oxycontin.

No one but misguided drug warriors suggest that marijuana causes violence AND laziness at the same time.
You dont know what the fuck your talking about....Go back to watching tv in your moms basement. It is far more addictive then chocolate and EXTREMELY more dangerous. The dangerous part is the reason to consider whether or not pot is legalized....

Several things here.................

First off, marijuana IS NOT PHYSICALLY ADDICTIVE. Studies have been done since the 60's by the U.S. Government (usually on active duty military personnel), and they found that no matter how much you smoked, you could not become physically addicted to cannabis.

Since the 70's, when people started to seriously start taking a look at it, there have been several medical benefits that have positively been attributed to cannabis use by either smoking or eating it. It can help with anything from glaucoma, to ADHD, to helping with the nausea that come with undergoing chemotherapy, to helping people who have diseases and medications that mess with their appetite (chemo is one of those meds by the way), to even being shown to help in certain cases with Alzheimer's and epilepsy.

Sure.............you can say that if kids get ahold of it, it can mess up their brains, but that's because the human brain isn't fully developed until you're around 18 or 20, and if a person was to be a regular drinker while they are young, those kids can also develop behavior problems, because alcohol ALSO affects development of the brain, which is why anyone who advocated for legalization also provide the stipulation that it should be treated like alcohol, and not sold to anyone under the age of 21.

One of the current scourges that legal marijuana would also help to get rid of is the "synthetic marijuana" that is developed in labs and is inundated with lots of different chemicals, many of which have been proven to have a seriously adverse effect on the user, in that it quite often causes psychosis or even death. I have heard many news stories where someone smoked a synthetic pot mixture like K2 or any of those other "herbal blends" that they sell in head shops, and ended up becoming violent and hurting others or even ending up going to the emergency room because of the toxins, and in some cases dying.

I've NEVER heard of a news story that reported someone smoking a joint and dying from smoking the joint, or smoking a joint and then going on a violent rampage.

I can also tell you that I worked in a biker bar for around 5 years, and yes, some of the patrons did go out back and smoke pot. Guess what I found? The people who smoked only were ALWAYS polite and good tippers, the ones that smoked pot and drank were okay to be around, because they didn't get too rowdy, and the ones that drank only or drank and did other drugs? They were the ones I had to keep a close eye on, because they would quite often act up.

Medical marijuana has been around for a few years now, and I haven't seen any problems with it, and now that CO and WA have made it legal for recreational use, I don't see many problems cropping up because of that, but time will tell.

Another thing that would be a benefit if pot were legal would be a lower justice bill for the nation, because then there would be a lot less people getting locked up for what I consider to be a very minor offense.

Legalize it now.
Did you type that smoking a joint? Like you have since you were a kid?

tapatalk post

You dont know what the fuck your talking about....Go back to watching tv in your moms basement. It is far more addictive then chocolate and EXTREMELY more dangerous. The dangerous part is the reason to consider whether or not pot is legalized....

and you do?....:lol:...geezus....

Forum List

Back