Quote for the day

More like a home truth than a quote .... but it bears repeating.

"Boy, I'm in a great mood!"

"Oh, please. You can't REALLY be in a great mood. There are people out there who just got raises, got married, are being reunited with their families as we speak! How dare you say you're happy?!"

That ^^^ is the equivalent of someone saying you can't be sad because other people have it worse than you.

Yes.

Reminds me of "At least you have your health" which really means "all you have is your health so you're pretty pathetic"

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity. - Albert Einstein

I never go to the bathroom during hockey games because I heard that if you miss a period, you're pregnant.

daleevans192175.jpg

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge."
--Daniel J Boorstin

Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childhood days, recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth, and transport the traveler back to his own fireside and quiet home!

Charles Dickens

Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

'Twas Christmas broach'd the mightiest ale;
'Twas Christmas told the merriest tale;
A Christmas gambol oft could cheer
The poor man's heart through half the year.
~Walter Scott

Forum List

Back