Quote for the day

One of my faves:

images

The person who confesses ignorance shows it once. The person who conceals it shows it many times.---Japanese proverb

It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.​

Ralph Waldo Emerso​

starxsimba-litter-hugs-030305.jpg

“There is no feeling, except the extremes of fear and grief, that does not find relief in music.” ― T.S. Eliot

"You put your right hand in,
You put your right hand out,
You put your right hand in,
And you shake it all about,

You do the hokey pokey
and you turn yourself around
That what it's all about."
~Larry Laprise

;)

This quote has made me think a lot about my own situation as I consider myself a boot strap girl. The difference between where I came from and where I am today is massive. I did not get encouragement or financial assistance from my family. None. I did get financial assistance from the government for school costs through the work study program and student loans. Any encouragement I got was from teachers, nothing huge, they weren't bending down to lift me up, they were just doing their job encouraging hard working, bright students. I think teachers do a whole lot more of lifting people up than folks realize because it is such a normal part of what they do. It is such a sad and tragic thing in the States how badly teachers are viewed and treated. It is not like that in other countries. If there is anyone to thank beyond myself for what I've achieved in life, it is teachers. And being an American citizen didn't hurt either. Stop criticizing your country so much, people.

“In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.”
― Phil Collins

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Last edited:
Life begets life. Energy creates energy. It is by spending oneself that one becomes rich.---Sarah Bernhardt.

Forum List

Back