Quotes by Which to Remember Presidents

They generally seem to fall into two basic categories, don't they?

Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.

America is a shining city on the hill. and We can disagree without being disagreeable.

This aggression will not stand.

We have nothing to fear but fear itself.

You're doing a helluva job, Brownie.

The buck stops here.

If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.

I did not have sex with that woman.

Grab them by the pussy.
So, all of these quotes except the last one was made while they were in office.

Why the double standard?

Trump's still in training remember? He can have a president quote when he becomes president.
So, you have no answer. I'm sure we can find plenty of embarrassing quotes by every president BEFORE they were President. However, that is not what the OP detailed. The list is specifically of quotes held while they were President. Since Trump IS president, it is a double standard.

Now hold tight to the top of your head so it doesn't blow off.

Yes it was a plot by me spurred on by the fake media the Deep State and the NFL Rules Committee to undermine the President. Carry on.
Grab them by the pussy will live in infamy and always be associated with the serial sex offender.
And one more:
"I will repeal and replace Obamacare on DAY ONE with something better and everyone will be covered."
Biggest buffoon in American History..
Dan Quayle : I'm off the hook.
Except that President Trump never said it, as has already been proven. Did you miss that?

America is a shining city on the hill. and We can disagree without being disagreeable.

The buck stops here.

Grab them by the pussy.

Some real Trump quotes:

"....I have great respect for women. I was the one that really broke the glass ceiling on behalf of women, more than anybody in the construction industry."

"I try to learn from the past, but I plan for the future by focusing exclusively on the present. That's were the fun is."

"Money was never a big motivation for me, except as a way to keep score. The real excitement is playing the game."

"Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don’t know what to do."

"Deals are my art form. Other people paint beautifully on canvas or write wonderful poetry. I like making deals, preferably big deals. That's how I get my kicks."

"I'm a bit of a P. T. Barnum. I make stars out of everyone."

How can anyone not like they guy? :biggrin:
IF you didn't laugh your ass off with the absurdity of those Trump quotes, you're a bigger fool than anyone suspected.

Wait, here's the single-most bestest quote from Donald Trump, ever:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

You sound like Bill Clinton. Depends what the meaning of "is" is.
No not at all. President Trump never said that. Sorry but you are mistaken.
by that logic we shouldn't bother about Obama visiting Reverend Wright's church because he wasn't President at the time. Or who cares about Whitewater? Hillary wasn't President then. Good grief. The man said what he said. The fact he wasn't yet president yet makes you sound like a liberal apologist.
Yes, the "man" said it. He was not President. :)
Oh my heavens, I stand corrected. So by this logic nothing Hillary or Obama did before they were in public office really matters, does it? You make us look bad with specious arguments like this. Frankly, you sound like a liberal.
That's a pretty poor attempt at admitting you are wrong. you said President Trump said it, but we all know he did not. President Trump is bringing respect to the office, unlike the purple lipped jug head.
Dumbest and biggest lie in the history of this forum.
You're very " special."

The buck stops here.

Grab them by the pussy.

Some real Trump quotes:

"....I have great respect for women. I was the one that really broke the glass ceiling on behalf of women, more than anybody in the construction industry."

"I try to learn from the past, but I plan for the future by focusing exclusively on the present. That's were the fun is."

"Money was never a big motivation for me, except as a way to keep score. The real excitement is playing the game."

"Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don’t know what to do."

"Deals are my art form. Other people paint beautifully on canvas or write wonderful poetry. I like making deals, preferably big deals. That's how I get my kicks."

"I'm a bit of a P. T. Barnum. I make stars out of everyone."

How can anyone not like they guy? :biggrin:
IF you didn't laugh your ass off with the absurdity of those Trump quotes, you're a bigger fool than anyone suspected.

Wait, here's the single-most bestest quote from Donald Trump, ever:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
And then has done just the opposite. Another good one..

IMG_0414.jpg

Why the double standard?

Trump's still in training remember? He can have a president quote when he becomes president.
So, you have no answer. I'm sure we can find plenty of embarrassing quotes by every president BEFORE they were President. However, that is not what the OP detailed. The list is specifically of quotes held while they were President. Since Trump IS president, it is a double standard.

Yes it was a plot by me spurred on by the fake media the Deep State and the NFL Rules Committee to undermine the President. Carry on.
Grab them by the pussy will live in infamy and always be associated with the serial sex offender.
And one more:
"I will repeal and replace Obamacare on DAY ONE with something better and everyone will be covered."
Except that President Trump never said it, as has already been proven. Did you miss that?
He didn't say grab them by the pussy?
You're kidding, right?

View attachment 141466

And one more:
You're kidding, right?

Those are great quotes! What a poon-dog that Trump is. :happy-1:

Sure beats having a beta-male faggot in the White House like the last 8 years.

Obama-Pansy.jpg

View attachment 141466

And one more:
You're kidding, right?

Obama-Pansy.jpg
Don't forget his prowess on the pitchers mound!

View attachment 141466
And one more:
You're kidding, right?

Obama-Pansy.jpg
Don't forget his prowess on the pitchers mound!

Patheic. The most American game in this country and he sucked royally at it. What an embarrassment.

The buck stops here.

Grab them by the pussy.

Why the double standard?

Oh good, it wasn't a plot. So, can you answer why you chose to include ONLY the current President in a quote made before he became President and did not do so for the others? Thanks.

I honestly can't think of anything he said that really stands out to me. At least anything other than "it's going to be amazing" etc etc. I really am just thinking of phrases by which Presidents (whether before or after election) are likely to be remembered. If I picked people that weren't Presidents at the time uniformly, the ground would be much richer:

George Romney: I guess I was brainwashed by LBJ on Vietnam
Mitt Romney: We have binders of women.
Hillary: What does it matter?
George McGovern: I stand by Thomas Eagleton 1000%

etc etc. You want to make a plot of a simple observation, that's your right.

The buck stops here.

Grab them by the pussy.

Why the double standard?

And one more:

No, Dan Quayle would be the way he spelled "Potato" or possibly the look he gave Lloyd Bentsen in that debate.

Oh my heavens, I stand corrected. So by this logic nothing Hillary or Obama did before they were in public office really matters, does it? You make us look bad with specious arguments like this. Frankly, you sound like a liberal.
That's a pretty poor attempt at admitting you are wrong. you said President Trump said it, but we all know he did not. President Trump is bringing respect to the office, unlike the purple lipped jug head.
What part of "I stand corrected" don't you understand? The more you argue after I have conceded the point, the more you sound like a liberal. Arguing an inane distinction as if it matters. In response to my OP you list quotes of "Trump" (not President Trump) that were mostly pre-presidency so you really undermine your basic point. But keep digging my man, you're doing great. President Trump will certainly be remembered more for the quote that I listed pre presidency than the ones you listed.

And I assume you are agreeing that what Obama did pre presidency never mattered to you either?

To answer your question, I would argue that the actual context of the meaning of it depends on what your position is. With all due respect, I don't think you mean it in the context of which you gave it. So, lets explore context. If you say "I stand corrected" as a statement solely to show you were wrong then we can go forward, but when you say it as you did, with all the ridiculous add ons, it means you are all but suppressing your sarcasm at the fact that I proved you were wrong. You know, to put it in proper context for you, it would be like when doctor Renee Richards says that that she "stands corrected". When placed in the context of the speaker and what s/he stands for, it means something entirely different. :)

I don't mean this as a criticism but this is the stupidest argument I've ever had on these boards and that's saying a lot.
So you didn't understand it?

You a Cowboys fan by any chance?

Why the double standard?

Oh good, it wasn't a plot. So, can you answer why you chose to include ONLY the current President in a quote made before he became President and did not do so for the others? Thanks.

I honestly can't think of anything he said that really stands out to me. At least anything other than "it's going to be amazing" etc etc. I really am just thinking of phrases by which Presidents (whether before or after election) are likely to be remembered. If I picked people that weren't Presidents at the time uniformly, the ground would be much richer:

So, you could have stopped before the last quote and then asked people if they thought that Trump might have it in him to have such an inspiring quote. I remember people thinking Bush was inarticulate, and he did have problems with public speaking, but he also came out with some amazing and inspiring quotes right after 9/11.

I'd be amazed if the people on this forum stopped with the double standards, but I will continue to point them out when I see them.

/thread

So, you could have stopped before the last quote and then asked people if they thought that Trump might have it in him to have such an inspiring quote. I remember people thinking Bush was inarticulate, and he did have problems with public speaking, but he also came out with some amazing and inspiring quotes right after 9/11.

I'd be amazed if the people on this forum stopped with the double standards, but I will continue to point them out when I see them.

/thread

Are you pro life?

The only Presidential quote that's worth a damn, and it applies to every President:

If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read: 'President Can't Swim.' - Lyndon B. Johnson

No not at all. President Trump never said that. Sorry but you are mistaken.
by that logic we shouldn't bother about Obama visiting Reverend Wright's church because he wasn't President at the time. Or who cares about Whitewater? Hillary wasn't President then. Good grief. The man said what he said. The fact he wasn't yet president yet makes you sound like a liberal apologist.
Yes, the "man" said it. He was not President. :)
Dumbest and biggest lie in the history of this forum.
You're very " special."
President Trump never said that.

/thread

Are you pro life?
Pretty simple question here. You've had 24 hours to think about it too. Are you pro life?

Forum List

Back