🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

R.I.P. Chuck Noll

Loved that one.

Chuck Noll's Pittsburgh Steelers would repeat to win Super Bowl 14 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California on January 20th, 1980 against Ray Malavasi's LA Rams. Terry Bradshaw took home MVP for the second straight year as the Steelers won their 4th Super Bowl before any other team had won three. John Stallworth and Lynn Swan each caught touchdowns, while Franco Harris ran for two. Dave Elmendorf, Rod Perry, and Eddie Brown intercepted three Bradshaw passes, but it wasn't enough. Lawrence McCutcheon connected with Ron Smith on a halfback pass but quarterback Vince Ferragamo couldn't make the big throw for the Rams. Unsung hero, Larry Anderson, had 162 return yards setting up the Steeler win, 31-19.

Chuck Noll forbade his players excessive celebration after scoring a touchdown. He told them that excessive celebration (i.e. spiking ball, etc.)is displayed by those who are surprised by their unexpected success. Told them that a true champion celebrates with quiet dignity. A true champion EXPECTS to succeed.

That is his greatest legacy, which is sadly ignored by yahoos today, who have no idea about the meaning of the word: DIGNITY.

Being a lifelong Cleveland Browns fan, I have always HATED the Steelers and DESPISED their players.

That being said, I have always RESPECTED Chuck Noll and the great coach that he was. The Steelers were always a thorn in the side of Browns fans when Noll was the coach.

Great coach. Great man. Chuck Noll was what the NFL used to be about. No B.S. No PC nonsense. Just go out and play smash-mouth football!

Loved that one.

Chuck Noll's Pittsburgh Steelers would repeat to win Super Bowl 14 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California on January 20th, 1980 against Ray Malavasi's LA Rams. Terry Bradshaw took home MVP for the second straight year as the Steelers won their 4th Super Bowl before any other team had won three. John Stallworth and Lynn Swan each caught touchdowns, while Franco Harris ran for two. Dave Elmendorf, Rod Perry, and Eddie Brown intercepted three Bradshaw passes, but it wasn't enough. Lawrence McCutcheon connected with Ron Smith on a halfback pass but quarterback Vince Ferragamo couldn't make the big throw for the Rams. Unsung hero, Larry Anderson, had 162 return yards setting up the Steeler win, 31-19.
We had the fucking Steelers beat, if it wasn't for those two catches (one by Swann, one by Stalworth).

BTW, Jack Youngblood played that whole game on a broken leg.

He told the trainer before the game, "Just tape it tighter!"

Being a lifelong Cleveland Browns fan, I have always HATED the Steelers and DESPISED their players.

That being said, I have always RESPECTED Chuck Noll and the great coach that he was. The Steelers were always a thorn in the side of Browns fans when Noll was the coach.

Great coach. Great man. Chuck Noll was what the NFL used to be about. No B.S. No PC nonsense. Just go out and play smash-mouth football!
Do you remember Leroy Kelly?

Do you remember Leroy Kelly?

Hell yeah! Number 44. Leroy replaced Jim Brown when Brown retired. Kelly was a great running back in his own right.

And a whole buncha guys are brain dead now because of it.

R.I.P. Chuck Noll.

Forum List

Back