R.I.P. Lt. Col. Stanislav Petrov

I had posted about this man a few months ago. Maybe there will be the most powerful movie made about those fateful minutes when Petrov made a logical and correct decision that saved millions of lives on both sides of the world.

I recall in the early 2000's the State of California (who would have been nuked first in response), gave him an award and a $25000 cheque so many years later. Considering he lived his last years in poverty and shame as his career was finished for making such a correct decision, it's a pittance.

RIP.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
Now here is a man that deserves The Noble Peace Prize...not Brocefus Yobama.
Yeah I agree, Obama himself said he didn't deserve it. There have been other weird ones like Kissinger.

I had posted about this man a few months ago. Maybe there will be the most powerful movie made about those fateful minutes when Petrov made a logical and correct decision that saved millions of lives on both sides of the world.

I recall in the early 2000's the State of California (who would have been nuked first in response), gave him an award and a $25000 cheque so many years later. Considering he lived his last years in poverty and shame as his career was finished for making such a correct decision, it's a pittance.

RIP.
There was a movie quoted in that article, I haven't seen it yet.

The Russians were not the raving lunatics we face today.

Ironically, and perhaps sadly, you are correct.

In fairness though, they were behind the iron curtain. Americans knew little about their society (and less so vice versa) and they had more "watchers" in their country than any other outside of East Germany Furthermore, they killed many American spies and double agents, some ruthlessly and methodically. So many because of the treachery of a few dirty CIA agents (names escape at the moment, a few movies about them), and before the treasonous U.S agents of the 1980's, there was Kim Philby, who really set the West back (the highest double agent on either side, and a British pos who escaped prison with the help of British Commies and died a Russian Martyr). They gave Philby a full state funeral he was such an effective sob (blame the British elitist attitude for him even being an mi6 agent).

So, Russa was certainly not a warm and fuzzy nation. Their status as a Superpower put them in a position in which they had more to lose than the current crop of nutjobs and sobs. Compared to the more "accepted" threat that China poses, I would say Russia does not compare to the current crop of backstabbing Commies in China.

Lt. Col. Stanislav Petrov was reprimanded for failing to file a correct report, and never thanked by the Soviet authorities.

Ridiculous. They are still the same. Why use every thread to spread warmongering propaganda?
Is there something wrong with you? English comprehension limited perhaps?
So you mean they are now dancing hoppers and have no more soviets?
I was not comparing the Russians of yore to those of today. I was in fact comparing the Russia of yore to the veritable dregs of Islam today.

Ridiculous. They are still the same. Why use every thread to spread warmongering propaganda?
Is there something wrong with you? English comprehension limited perhaps?
So you mean they are now dancing hoppers and have no more soviets?
I was not comparing the Russians of yore to those of today. I was in fact comparing the Russia of yore to the veritable dregs of Islam today.
Makes no sense, either.

Forum List

Back