Racine County sheriff refuses to enforce Safer at Home order

munkle

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2012
LOL fear-mongering hypochondriacs gonna hate this one. A true American hero.

Sheriff Christopher Schmaling said he will not enforce the Safer at Home order because he believes it violates businesses' and citizens' constitutional rights

RACINE COUNTY, Wis. —
Racine County Sheriff Christopher Schmaling is taking a stand against Gov. Tony Evers' Safer at Home order.

On Friday, Schmaling released a statement that said he will not enforce the order because he believes it violates businesses' and citizens' constitutional rights.

"Wisconsin law gives the Governor and the Wisconsin DHS the authority to develop emergency measures and enforce rules and orders to protect the public during a health crisis. However, state law does not have the power to supersede or suspend the Constitutional rights of American citizens," Schmaling said in his statement.

"I urge the Wisconsin DHS to develop a workable plan that balances the safety of our citizens while at the same time acknowledging the fact that there is a way for business to operate even during the current health situation," Schmaling said. "I have all the confidence in Racine County business owners that they can make the appropriate adjustments in the way they operate during this difficult time to accommodate for the safety of their employees and guests."

"The overreaching measures taken by State government will have dire lifetime consequences for businesses, homeowners, and families. I took an oath to uphold the constitutional rights of our citizens and I can not in good faith participate in the destruction of Racine County businesses or interfere in the freedoms granted to all of us by our Constitution," Schmaling's statement said.

"Wisconsin law gives the authority and the responsibility for investigating and enforcing public health violations to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services and local health departments. We will leave the enforcement of public health orders to the health department experts," Schmaling said.

Sheriff Christopher Schmaling said he will not enforce the Safer at Home order because he believes it violates businesses' and citizens' constitutional rights

RACINE COUNTY, Wis. —
Racine County Sheriff Christopher Schmaling is taking a stand against Gov. Tony Evers' Safer at Home order.

On Friday, Schmaling released a statement that said he will not enforce the order because he believes it violates businesses' and citizens' constitutional rights.

"Wisconsin law gives the Governor and the Wisconsin DHS the authority to develop emergency measures and enforce rules and orders to protect the public during a health crisis. However, state law does not have the power to supersede or suspend the Constitutional rights of American citizens," Schmaling said in his statement.

"I urge the Wisconsin DHS to develop a workable plan that balances the safety of our citizens while at the same time acknowledging the fact that there is a way for business to operate even during the current health situation," Schmaling said. "I have all the confidence in Racine County business owners that they can make the appropriate adjustments in the way they operate during this difficult time to accommodate for the safety of their employees and guests."

"The overreaching measures taken by State government will have dire lifetime consequences for businesses, homeowners, and families. I took an oath to uphold the constitutional rights of our citizens and I can not in good faith participate in the destruction of Racine County businesses or interfere in the freedoms granted to all of us by our Constitution," Schmaling's statement said.

"Wisconsin law gives the authority and the responsibility for investigating and enforcing public health violations to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services and local health departments. We will leave the enforcement of public health orders to the health department experts," Schmaling said.

''safer at home",,,

not sure how you enforce a suggestion???

RACINE COUNTY, Wis. —

''safer at home",,,

The Governor's "Safer At Home" was an order, not a suggestion...

"NOW THEREFORE, under the authority of Wis. Stat. § 252.02(3) and (6) and all powers vested in me through Executive Order #72, and at the direction of Governor Tony Evers, I, Andrea Palm, Secretary-designee of the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, order the following:..."

The full text is here:

Read the full text of Wisconsin's "safer-at-home" order and then please stay safe at home

And he just extended it until May 26th.

Last edited:
This seems to be a growing movement nationwide. Local authorities and leaders are openly staring to defy these Hitler-like governors. People WANT to go back to work. They are tired of being told you can’t go here, you can’t do this, you can’t grow your own food.

RACINE COUNTY, Wis. —

''safer at home",,,

"NOW THEREFORE, under the authority of Wis. Stat. § 252.02(3) and (6) and all powers vested in me through Executive Order #72, and at the direction of Governor Tony Evers, I, Andrea Palm, Secretary-designee of the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, order the following:..."

The full text is here:

Read the full text of Wisconsin's "safer-at-home" order and then please stay safe at home

I guess that governors to stupid to know an EO doesnt over ride the constitution,,,,so again that makes it a suggestion not a law,,,

not to mention hes a fucking idiot for naming it that,,,

This seems to be a growing movement nationwide. Local authorities and leaders are openly staring to defy these Hitler-like governors. People WANT to go back to work. They are tired of being told you can’t go here, you can’t do this, you can’t grow your own food.

none of them have said you cant grow your own food,,,

RACINE COUNTY, Wis. —

''safer at home",,,

The full text is here:

I guess that governors to stupid to know an EO doesnt over ride the constitution,,,,so again that makes it a suggestion not a law,,,

not to mention hes a fucking idiot for naming it that,,,

He truly is an idiot. May hot steaming piles of spilled fuck be heaped upon his head forever and ever, amen.

These fine people know they serve the public and that they do not serve local Trump hating officials.

They just outlawed the selling of seeds instead.

They just outlawed the selling of seeds instead.
thats a lie,,,no they didnt,,,

These fine people know they serve the public and that they do not serve local Trump hating officials.

I wonder if he is an Oath Keepers. I'm sure O.K. on highest alert right now for illegal orders.

Governors are finding sherrifs aren’t flunky stooges. They are low level political people who have loyalty to their neighbors and those who elected them and not high level political Trump haters.

A California sheriff is refusing to enforce these crazy laws. No one is sick in his county. No one has died in his county. He's not arresting someone for wanting to get a haircut.

A California sheriff is refusing to enforce these crazy laws. No one is sick in his county. No one has died in his county. He's not arresting someone for wanting to get a haircut.

The orders to wear masks are based on pure scientific ignorance. "Shedding" virus doesn't mean you are shedding it like a dog. It means the virus has successfully replicated in hijacked cells, and now it is transmittable. With HIV you are "shedding" it through sexual contact. With corona you pass it when you cough or sneeze at someone. You are not leaving a trail of virus just breathing and walking down the street. Funny that blue states with higher average levels of formal education is where they are buying this mask-even-while-fishing-alone bullshit even more.

Scientists said it mostly had to be ejected by force via coughing or sneezing. That’s where that bullshit story came from that libs soaked up in a frenzy about 27’ being the necessary spacing distance—someone spit/sprayed as forcefully and far as they could and measured a droplet carring 27 feet

It's time to end the stay at home orders. It's time to embrace herd immunity. If we catch Coronavirus, we have to trust our doctors and nurses.

Forum List

Back