Raging G O P Candidate Mike Bost's Past Includes Dog Killing And Mysterious Stolen Gun

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
n-MIKE-BOST-large570.jpg

WASHINGTON -- Illinois state Rep. Mike Bost (R-Murphysboro) has made a name for himself throwing extraordinary tantrums during legislative sessions. But he doesn't appear to have contained his notorious temper to the statehouse, according to a review of court and police records obtained by The Huffington Post.

Bost, who is running for Congress this fall under the slogan "Passionate Leadership for Southern Illinois," has a lengthy history with local authorities, including some incidents that suggest "passionate" is a bit of an understatement.

The earliest episode dates back to 1986, when a neighborhood beagle named Rusty bit Bost's 4-year-old daughter. The report filed by animal control officials indicates that the girl provoked the attack by chasing the dog. She ultimately had to get 19 stitches on her face.

According to court records, Bost was displeased that authorities would not be able to deal with the 10-year-old dog immediately. So he got his handgun, drove to Rusty's owner's home, and shot the dog to death while it was penned in an enclosure.

Neighbors were "very alarmed and disturbed," according to the police report, but a jury eventually found Bost not guilty of breaking any laws. The local paper reported the case under the headline "Area man acquitted in dog killing trial."

The documents also detail another alarming, more mysterious incident. Bost, a gun-rights defender who in 2008 voted against a bill to require the prompt reporting of stolen guns, did not report a gun that was stolen from his own home.

In 2006, Bost's nickel-plated special edition .357 Rossi revolver was stolen from his gun safe. According to police records, Bost did not know about the theft until police showed up at his door to inform him that the gun had been used to threaten another man's life. Bost led investigators to the safe, and the firearm was indeed missing.

It is unclear who stole the weapon and how it was removed from the safe, but Bost and family members suspected that the thief may have been connected to a 17-year-old girl who had stayed briefly in Bost's house. Bost told police that he usually did not lock the side door to the room that contained the safe.

Other incidents found in the files are less distressing, but similarly portray Bost as an aggressive man whose actions often put him in conflict with others.

While Bost once felt justified in shooting a dog to death, in later years, he wasn't too worried about his own dog roaming the neighborhood. Local police records show that neighbors were so concerned about Bost's pet scampering around their homes and the local school that they called police at least four separate times.

More: Raging GOP Candidate Mike Bost s Past Includes Dog Killing And Mysterious Stolen Gun

This seems typical of Conservative behavior these days. He is obviously unfit to govern.

Holy shit, is Illinois dumb enough to elect this guy? If not, maybe he should move to Texass. They would love him.

Illinois produces all manner of rotten, corrupt, criminal, racist politicians...like Obama and Holder for instance.

He is obviously unfit to govern.

He shot a dog that mauled his daughter, and over 20 years later, had a gun stolen from him.

I agree, he's clearly unfit to govern. His political positions and experience are completely irrelevant. This nutjob needs to be locked up, not allowed to run for Congress.

He shot a dog that mauled his daughter, and over 20 years later, had a gun stolen from him.

I agree, he's clearly unfit to govern. His political positions and experience are completely irrelevant. This nutjob needs to be locked up, not allowed to run for Congress.

You give Rachel Maddow a bad name.

So you SUPPORT this lunatic? What is wrong with you? What if that gun he had stolen from him due to his flagrant disregard for safety precautions (not to mention state laws regarding the proper storage of firearms) had been used to threaten your life? What if you were getting chased by some whiny brat, and decided to maul hyr in self defense? Do you ever think about why you say and do such bigoted, backwards things, or is it just instinctive?

Name me ONE valid reason why you support this rightwing whacko.

So you SUPPORT this lunatic? What is wrong with you? What if that gun he had stolen from him due to his flagrant disregard for safety precautions (not to mention state laws regarding the proper storage of firearms) had been used to threaten your life? What if you were getting chased by some whiny brat, and decided to maul hyr in self defense? Do you ever think about why you say and do such bigoted, backwards things, or is it just instinctive?

I don't support him. I thought maybe you were. Sometimes your posts are hard to decipher.

I don't support him. I thought maybe you were. Sometimes your posts are hard to decipher.

A forgivable error, fellow lybyryl. For future reference, I am not given to sarcasm--when I say that I agree with you, I truly mean it. I mean everything I say, unlike the rightwingers here whose posts are an endless stream of lies, ignorance, and insincerity.

Illinois the state that made Obama the politician and leader he is today enough said.

A forgivable error, fellow lybyryl. For future reference, I am not given to sarcasm--when I say that I agree with you, I truly mean it. I mean everything I say, unlike the rightwingers here whose posts are an endless stream of lies, ignorance, and insincerity.

Thank you! You have my sincere apology.

n-MIKE-BOST-large570.jpg

WASHINGTON -- Illinois state Rep. Mike Bost (R-Murphysboro) has made a name for himself throwing extraordinary tantrums during legislative sessions. But he doesn't appear to have contained his notorious temper to the statehouse, according to a review of court and police records obtained by The Huffington Post.

Bost, who is running for Congress this fall under the slogan "Passionate Leadership for Southern Illinois," has a lengthy history with local authorities, including some incidents that suggest "passionate" is a bit of an understatement.

The earliest episode dates back to 1986, when a neighborhood beagle named Rusty bit Bost's 4-year-old daughter. The report filed by animal control officials indicates that the girl provoked the attack by chasing the dog. She ultimately had to get 19 stitches on her face.

According to court records, Bost was displeased that authorities would not be able to deal with the 10-year-old dog immediately. So he got his handgun, drove to Rusty's owner's home, and shot the dog to death while it was penned in an enclosure.

Neighbors were "very alarmed and disturbed," according to the police report, but a jury eventually found Bost not guilty of breaking any laws. The local paper reported the case under the headline "Area man acquitted in dog killing trial."

The documents also detail another alarming, more mysterious incident. Bost, a gun-rights defender who in 2008 voted against a bill to require the prompt reporting of stolen guns, did not report a gun that was stolen from his own home.

In 2006, Bost's nickel-plated special edition .357 Rossi revolver was stolen from his gun safe. According to police records, Bost did not know about the theft until police showed up at his door to inform him that the gun had been used to threaten another man's life. Bost led investigators to the safe, and the firearm was indeed missing.

It is unclear who stole the weapon and how it was removed from the safe, but Bost and family members suspected that the thief may have been connected to a 17-year-old girl who had stayed briefly in Bost's house. Bost told police that he usually did not lock the side door to the room that contained the safe.

Other incidents found in the files are less distressing, but similarly portray Bost as an aggressive man whose actions often put him in conflict with others.

While Bost once felt justified in shooting a dog to death, in later years, he wasn't too worried about his own dog roaming the neighborhood. Local police records show that neighbors were so concerned about Bost's pet scampering around their homes and the local school that they called police at least four separate times.

More: Raging GOP Candidate Mike Bost s Past Includes Dog Killing And Mysterious Stolen Gun

This seems typical of Conservative behavior these days. He is obviously unfit to govern.

The 4 year old girl "provoked" the dog by chasing it. The dog "bite" required 19 stitches.

Yep, the dog would be dead, and the dogs owner in intensive care!

God you progressives are a desperate bunch.

Forum List

Back