Rahm Emanuel: Slashes 1/6 of Chicago PD's budget!!! Umm...how does that help crime?

Rahm Emanuel Pushes Police Budget Cuts Despite Campaign Pledge To Add Cops

Rahm Emanuel has directed the new Chicago Police Dept Chief to slash his budget by a full 1/6th! Ummm.....how is that gonna help stop the insane crime? A few points the Chicago PD made:

- They have to train....to you know, be trained and effective. And patrol the streets, but have fewer people to do so. So, Chicago PD had been bringing officers in on their day off for training, and paying them overtime. But now there is no overtime. So- they ask- how to you bring a guy in on his day off, but not pay him? You cant. So you bring him into training on his work day, but then, thats another man not on the streets. SO.....WTF?

- One Chicago PD officer, speaking of overtime, says "You dont just stop a murder investigation, say 'sorry victim's family, my shift's over'." And he is right. Murder detectives, like everyone who watches the First 48 knows, have 48 hours to make an arrest, or the chances of an arrest plummet. BUT, how do you work overtime, and not get paid? You CANT. Even if the cops volunteered their time, labor laws now force them to go home because some disgruntled cops in the past have sued for back pay and won, so they can get in trouble for overtime (BTW, this is a common thing in the private sector. Target and WalMart, for example, will fire an employee for working off the clock). So, what do you tell the parent of a missing child or murder victim? "Sorry ma'am, my shift just ended. I'll be back in 16 hours to start searching again. Until then....here is a Kleenex."

We better either figure out where we are gonna prioritize law enforcement, or, arm ourselves and accept the difficulties that are going to be a reality in our new fiscally stingy times.

Tell me something, why the fuck should the public sector be immune from belt tightening?

Come on now bucs, you kbow only republicans do such dastardly deeds.

By the way, im curious..... What exactly do you know about Chicago's budget that tells you, you know more about it than those in charge of it?

Idiot

Does Chicago have a "Stand your Ground" Law?
If not, with those budget cuts, they might want to pass one.

Where is the wailing from bucs about how Emanual a Democrat thinks nothing of the police and firefighters? We hear him say it all the time about Republicans.

Chicago is gun free...what's the problem?

Precisely. According to libtards, take all the guns away from law abiding citizens and everyone will be safe from gun violence. So using that same logic, if they get rid of policemen like they did guns, there shouldn't be any crime. WONDERFUL!

How's that libtard plan working out so far?

Forum List

Back