Rally at Columbia SC state house Tomorrow afternoon “TAKE THE FLAG DOWN”

In this time, one cannot rewrite history by simply burying it.

Also, it should be noted at the rally that the flag was a symbol of the Democrats.

But of course, it won't be.
A symbol of social conservatives more like. The evidence being that after the civil rights movement, republican social conservatives are the ones who continue to defend the flag.

Its a damn flag and part of our history
A history tied to the hatred black people have faced in this country. Leaving that one at full mast in the wake of a racially motivated massacre while lowering the others, and on the grounds of the state capitol no less, is at the least embarassing and at worst a message to black people to remind them there are still people in this country that don't mind them getting slaughtered every once in a while.

A symbol of social conservatives more like. The evidence being that after the civil rights movement, republican social conservatives are the ones who continue to defend the flag.

Defending it in the sense of free speech. That flag is a symbol of the Democrats support of slavery, yes, but it is also a piece of American history, reminding us of what the Democrats fomented in 1856, and frankly what they are fomenting now.

No different than flying the rainbow flag over our foreign embassies, eh?

Over 12,000 already signed up more coming from all over SC, NC, Georgia, Florida and Virginia and maybe more states

Take The Flag Down Rally Planned For Columbia - FITSNews

There is no need to respect a symbol that is as evil and vicious to African-Americans as the Nazi swastika flag is to Jews.
At least Nazi Germany lasted 3 times as long as the Confederacy...that's 3 times as much "my heritage"......

I hope the families tells them to get the hell out of their state and STOP using their families DEATHS for their own sick and twisted agenda. didn't take them long DID IT.
When you see every flag down at the STATE FREAKING CAPITOL except the one that represents hatred of black people, you can't be surprised if people get suspicious.

Every flag at half mast except the confederate flag. Unbelievable. Though I suppose the traitors the flag represented would have been fine with this massacre.
The flag in question is on a fixed poll and cannot be lowered.
I have heard that. Then you climb up and take it down instead of letting fly proudly at full mast. You want to send a message to the people who feel the flag represents hatred and evil? Then you make sure that it's either half-mast or completely down as a show of respect.

NO THEY DON'T. they don't have to BOW DOWN to anyone. if it never bothered the people living there all this time. it's no one else's Business.

Every flag at half mast except the confederate flag. Unbelievable. Though I suppose the traitors the flag represented would have been fine with this massacre.
I have heard that. Then you climb up and take it down instead of letting fly proudly at full mast. You want to send a message to the people who feel the flag represents hatred and evil? Then you make sure that it's either half-mast or completely down as a show of respect.

In my opinion the flag does not represent hatred and evil. It does represent a fight to keep people in slavery but at the time that was not really considered hatred or evil. at least by those owning the slaves. I believe you are applying what you think today on what happened 200 years ago.

Defending it in the sense of free speech. That flag is a symbol of the Democrats support of slavery, yes, but it is also a piece of American history, reminding us of what the Democrats fomented in 1856, and frankly what they are fomenting now.

No different than flying the rainbow flag over our foreign embassies, eh?
Wow :cuckoo:

I hope the families tells them to get the hell out of their state and STOP using their families DEATHS for their own sick and twisted agenda. didn't take them long DID IT.
When you see every flag down at the STATE FREAKING CAPITOL except the one that represents hatred of black people, you can't be surprised if people get suspicious.

that's just your stupid opoinion of it. you and everyone else oponions on it means nothing UNLESS YOU LIVE THERE. they didn't even have to lower the United state flag but the Governor give then that honor

Over 12,000 already signed up more coming from all over SC, NC, Georgia, Florida and Virginia and maybe more states

There is no need to respect a symbol that is as evil and vicious to African-Americans as the Nazi swastika flag is to Jews.
. Here go the left wing whackos off the deep end again. The Battle Flag didn't kill those people.

In my opinion the flag does not represent hatred and evil. It does represent a fight to keep people in slavery but at the time that was not really considered hatred or evil. at least by those owning the slaves. I believe you are applying what you think today on what happened 200 years ago.
In many people's minds it DOES represent that. And when you leave it full mast in the wake of a massacre of peaceful black people, it sends a message.

In many people's minds it DOES represent that. And when you leave it full mast in the wake of a massacre of peaceful black people, it sends a message.

so what. like I said. they didn't even have to lower the United states flag. but the Governor gave them that HONOR. so give them that Respect and stop with this nonsense

If you look closely the flag, if this is the one in question, is not fixed on a pole.

timthumb.php
It's a 'fixed" pole....
RTX5DUD.jpg

Notice NO lines going down the pole?
Source... South Carolina law forbids removal of Confederate flag from capitol and it s padlocked in place

. Here go the left wing whackos off the deep end again. The Battle Flag didn't kill those people.
Dylan Roof's still keeping the battle going. :cool:

And while we're on the subject, when did we start dropping the flag to half-mast for virtually any sad occasion?

Used to be reserved for American heroes and dead politicians.

You nut jobs need to go a frikken life. these FAMILIES are not worried over some gawddamn FLAG

snip
  1. Victims’ families tell Charleston church shooter at bond hearing: We forgive you
    posted at 3:21 pm on June 19, 2015

Not a sentiment that the jury’s apt to share during this guy’s sentencing, but if you want to see how seriously these Christians take their faith, just watch this.

What they’re saying is straight from the heart, no doubt, but it’s also a brilliant way to get into his head.
    If you believe NBC’s sources, the kindness showed to him at the Bible study meeting almost convinced him to call the whole thing off. Now here are the people whose relatives he killed extending their forgiveness not 48 hours after he murdered their mothers, fathers, brothers, and sisters.

That’s a lot of humanity from people he’s convinced himself aren’t fully human for a supremacist to try to get his head around.

He’s young and there’s always hope. Maybe he’ll find a way to repent while he’s counting the hours on Death Row.

ALL of it here:
    Victims families tell Charleston church shooter at bond hearing We forgive you Hot Air

And while we're on the subject, when did we start dropping the flag to half-mast for virtually any sad occasion?

Used to be reserved for American heroes and dead politicians.

THAT RIGHT. but these people can't even RESPECT that fact the governor lowered them for their Families. they make me sick

People can read what they want into anything. But unlike the Nazi flag the confederate flag was based on the misguided beliefs that were lead astray by the rich democrat aristocrats. What I find amazing is that there are so many today that still buy into the BS that the white aristocrat sold their great grandparents so they would march in to cannon fire.

Forum List

Back