Rally at Columbia SC state house Tomorrow afternoon “TAKE THE FLAG DOWN”

A symbol of social conservatives more like. The evidence being that after the civil rights movement, republican social conservatives are the ones who continue to defend the flag.

Defending it in the sense of free speech. That flag is a symbol of the Democrats support of slavery, yes, but it is also a piece of American history, reminding us of what the Democrats fomented in 1856, and frankly what they are fomenting now.

No different than flying the rainbow flag over our foreign embassies, eh?
Wow :cuckoo:
Yeah, one just cant disagree with you libtards without being either crazy, ignorant or evil, right, dumbshit?

Every flag at half mast except the confederate flag. Unbelievable. Though I suppose the traitors the flag represented would have been fine with this massacre.
The flag in question is on a fixed poll and cannot be lowered.
I have heard that. Then you climb up and take it down instead of letting fly proudly at full mast. You want to send a message to the people who feel the flag represents hatred and evil? Then you make sure that it's either half-mast or completely down as a show of respect.

In my opinion the flag does not represent hatred and evil. It does represent a fight to keep people in slavery but at the time that was not really considered hatred or evil. at least by those owning the slaves. I believe you are applying what you think today on what happened 200 years ago.
In many people's minds it DOES represent that. And when you leave it full mast in the wake of a massacre of peaceful black people, it sends a message.
lol, the masts are fixed, ....oh, never fucking mind.

Geeze Loooeeeze! Bertrand Russell is rolling in his grave at the stupidity leftists have sunk to these days!

No matter what you or I think of that flag it is a derisive object.

This is a perfect example of the libtards inability to think clearly. 'No matter what you or I think'.....obviously would include some of us that honor that flag, now wouldn't it? The author makes no distinction of who his target for 'you' is, he just makes this universal assumption that everyone agrees with him.

Look, Freewill, you craven, gutter crawling scumbag, YOU donot define what is derisive and what isn't. You are just another leftwing ass hole whose beliefs will be derided by everyone by the end of the century just like all the leftwing assholes of a century ago are derided today by almost everyone, to include most leftists, even the retards like you.

So go ingest fecal matter and smoke in bed, loser

First of all the biggest insult you slung is implying I am a liberal. I am thinking that the real liberals must be laughing their ass off at you, they may even be insulted.

Second, you are acting as stupidly as those who marched into cannon fire over a stupid flag that the rich slave owners convinced them they should do. Yeah those guys were damn brave to march in to canister fire but their cause was far from honorable, whether or not they or you realized it.

Honor the flag all you want in the confines of your home, no one will care. But why must you and your ilk flaunt something so derisive in people's faces? By ignoring people who are offended by the flag you are doing exactly what the rich aristrocrats were doing by keep men in bondage. You think they gave a crap about slavery? Fuk no they didn't care any more then you apparently care. But what if one of their daughters were taken and sold into slavery, do you think they then would give a crap? You damn well know they would.

And if you have read what I posted i said nothing really bad about the battle flag except for what it represents. And to me it represents the rich convincing the poor to fight and die for the rich so they can make a boat load of money off the back of slaves. And if you wish to continue being fooled then that is your business, keep it to yourself.

I have heard that. Then you climb up and take it down instead of letting fly proudly at full mast. You want to send a message to the people who feel the flag represents hatred and evil? Then you make sure that it's either half-mast or completely down as a show of respect.

In my opinion the flag does not represent hatred and evil. It does represent a fight to keep people in slavery but at the time that was not really considered hatred or evil. at least by those owning the slaves. I believe you are applying what you think today on what happened 200 years ago.
In many people's minds it DOES represent that. And when you leave it full mast in the wake of a massacre of peaceful black people, it sends a message.

People can read what they want into anything. But unlike the Nazi flag the confederate flag was based on the misguided beliefs that were lead astray by the rich democrat aristocrats. What I find amazing is that there are so many today that still buy into the BS that the white aristocrat sold their great grandparents so they would march in to cannon fire.
Wow you come so close to making a point and then your ODS takes over and you inject politics and knee jerk blame Democrats. Fine I'll go there, in case you haven't noticed, it is REPUBLICANS who embrace the flag and the confederacy now. How do you feel about that?
Racist Democrats never decided to switch parties and go with the Party who freed the slaves and outlawed Jim Crowe laws. That's idiotic thinking on your part and you're not alone.

Yet today it's republicans railing against civil rights, defending the confederacy, and winning the vote of the southern white social conservatives who once voted Democrat.

What pure unadulterated bullshit.

Which Republican today is railing against civil rights? or defending the Confederacy? And roflmao what is wrong with trying to win the votes of social conservatives?

You really have to stop snorting the Draino, child.
Uh, go to Drudge Report, click on any article, and read the comments.

Oh, bah, you fall for astroturfers pretending to be the opposition to make them look bad?

Maybe you are as dumb as a sack of bricks after all.
The social conservatives who are part of the republican base are some scary people. They have a lot of hate in their hearts, and there are a lot of prominent conservative mouthpieces fomenting that hate.

Every flag at half mast except the confederate flag. Unbelievable. Though I suppose the traitors the flag represented would have been fine with this massacre.

If you look closely the flag, if this is the one in question, is not fixed on a pole.

timthumb.php
It's a 'fixed" pole....
RTX5DUD.jpg

Notice NO lines going down the pole?
Source... South Carolina law forbids removal of Confederate flag from capitol and it s padlocked in place

The reason you don't see a line going down the pole is because the line is INSIDE the pole. That is how most modern flag pole are so they can be locked up.

Here is an example of one: Vanguard Series 30ft Satin pole

Now say that was a fixed pole, how do you suppose they get the flag up there in the first place?

It is PADLOCKED. Do you know what that freaking word means you dribbling stupid whining piss bucket?

That means that you can UNLOCK it to raise it or lower it. Obviously the government of South Carolina has not decided to lower the flags to half mast.

For F*&#s sake, you libtards are just mind numbingly stupid!

If you look closely the flag, if this is the one in question, is not fixed on a pole.

timthumb.php
It's a 'fixed" pole....
RTX5DUD.jpg

Source... South Carolina law forbids removal of Confederate flag from capitol and it s padlocked in place

The reason you don't see a line going down the pole is because the line is INSIDE the pole. That is how most modern flag pole are so they can be locked up.

This is a perfect example of the libtards inability to think clearly. 'No matter what you or I think'.....obviously would include some of us that honor that flag, now wouldn't it? The author makes no distinction of who his target for 'you' is, he just makes this universal assumption that everyone agrees with him.

Look, Freewill, you craven, gutter crawling scumbag, YOU donot define what is derisive and what isn't. You are just another leftwing ass hole whose beliefs will be derided by everyone by the end of the century just like all the leftwing assholes of a century ago are derided today by almost everyone, to include most leftists, even the retards like you.

First of all the biggest insult you slung is implying I am a liberal. I am thinking that the real liberals must be laughing their ass off at you, they may even be insulted.

Second, you are acting as stupidly as those who marched into cannon fire over a stupid flag that the rich slave owners convinced them they should do. Yeah those guys were damn brave to march in to canister fire but their cause was far from honorable, whether or not they or you realized it.

Honor the flag all you want in the confines of your home, no one will care. But why must you and your ilk flaunt something so derisive in people's faces? By ignoring people who are offended by the flag you are doing exactly what the rich aristrocrats were doing by keep men in bondage. You think they gave a crap about slavery? Fuk no they didn't care any more then you apparently care. But what if one of their daughters were taken and sold into slavery, do you think they then would give a crap? You damn well know they would.

And if you have read what I posted i said nothing really bad about the battle flag except for what it represents. And to me it represents the rich convincing the poor to fight and die for the rich so they can make a boat load of money off the back of slaves. And if you wish to continue being fooled then that is your business, keep it to yourself.
Is this not an issue for the citizens of that state? It IS their right yes?

Yet today it's republicans railing against civil rights, defending the confederacy, and winning the vote of the southern white social conservatives who once voted Democrat.

Which Republican today is railing against civil rights? or defending the Confederacy? And roflmao what is wrong with trying to win the votes of social conservatives?

Oh, bah, you fall for astroturfers pretending to be the opposition to make them look bad?

The social conservatives who are part of the republican base are some scary people. They have a lot of hate in their hearts, and there are a lot of prominent conservative mouthpieces fomenting that hate.

Disagreeing with libtards does not make anyone else hateful or scary, just sane and informed.

You see here folks, they have a need to take the ATTENTION away from these FAMILIES and the honor that this GOVERNOR gave to them by lowing the United States flag.

everyone should bring rotten tomatoes to welcome them with, if you are related or NOT IF they show up. THEY are no better than the people from the Westbourgh church who protest homosexuals, our military, etc

And yet in almost all you posts on this subject you have done nothing but post your brand of hate. And you support flying a flag that represents some very bad things to a whole lot of people. That is really hate.

Myself, I rather like red necks who fly the rebel battle flag, helps me know whom to avoid.

It's people like you with all the hate.

timthumb.php
It's a 'fixed" pole....
RTX5DUD.jpg

Now say that was a fixed pole, how do you suppose they get the flag up there in the first place?

It is PADLOCKED. Do you know what that freaking word means you dribbling stupid whining piss bucket?

That means that you can UNLOCK it to raise it or lower it. Obviously the government of South Carolina has not decided to lower the flags to half mast.

Well if you followed the course of the discussion it was implied that the flag could not be lowered because it was fixed. That is not true.

If it were fixed I would suggest using a flame thrower and just burning the damn flag in place.

In this time, one cannot rewrite history by simply burying it.

Also, it should be noted at the rally that the flag was a symbol of the Democrats.

But of course, it won't be.
A symbol of social conservatives more like. The evidence being that after the civil rights movement, republican social conservatives are the ones who continue to defend the flag.

Its a damn flag and part of our history
Yeah, it may be just a damn flag that's part of our history but so is....

us%7Dkkk3.gif

People can read what they want into anything. But unlike the Nazi flag the confederate flag was based on the misguided beliefs that were lead astray by the rich democrat aristocrats. What I find amazing is that there are so many today that still buy into the BS that the white aristocrat sold their great grandparents so they would march in to cannon fire.
Wow you come so close to making a point and then your ODS takes over and you inject politics and knee jerk blame Democrats. Fine I'll go there, in case you haven't noticed, it is REPUBLICANS who embrace the flag and the confederacy now. How do you feel about that?
Racist Democrats never decided to switch parties and go with the Party who freed the slaves and outlawed Jim Crowe laws. That's idiotic thinking on your part and you're not alone.
When I was a kid growing up I was very proud to be part of a republican family. I didn't know anything about politics, but my parents were feircely republican. My family is Cuban you see, and view the Democrats as evil. But then I lived through the Bush Presidency, and I saw the hatred and vitriol that is the foundation of the modern GOP.

So I connected the dots, and I imagine that's what Democrats during the civil rights movement must have been like; hateful, bitter people. Then if you look at the states and counties that once railed against the civil rights movement, somehow they are all republican dominated now. I can't believe that somehow that's just a coincidence.

In this time, one cannot rewrite history by simply burying it.

Also, it should be noted at the rally that the flag was a symbol of the Democrats.

But of course, it won't be.

Its a damn flag and part of our history
And so is...

us%7Dkkk3.gif

and you're a fine one to judge anyone. You little dig means NOTHING. Just show how small and shallow you are.

timthumb.php
It's a 'fixed" pole....
RTX5DUD.jpg

Well if you followed the course of the discussion it was implied that the flag could not be lowered because it was fixed. That is not true.

If it were fixed I would suggest using a flame thrower and just burning the damn flag in place.
OMG DarkFury's a dick but he's right the flag is actually fixed. Move on dude.

Why the Confederate flag still flies in South Carolina - CNN.com

If it walks like a libtard, talks like a libtard smells like shit like a libtard then you are a freaking libtard, case closed.

Second, you assert; "you are acting as stupidly as those who marched into cannon fire over a stupid flag that the rich slave owners convinced them they should do." No one marched into battle for the sake of a banner or flag, stupid ass, they marched into battle to defend their homes and communities from a foreign invader. If you cant grasp that, then you are the terminally stupid libtard here, no one else.

And I honor those thousands of men who fought and died on both sides of that war because both sides fought bravely and won the respect fo the world.

OF course, to a libtard coward like yourself that makes no sense at all or else it would not be honorable, courageous and morally righteous.

timthumb.php
It's a 'fixed" pole....
RTX5DUD.jpg

So YOU would DESTROY another persons property because it offends YOU? How do you differ from Islamic State then?

I never voted to elect a member of the KKK TO my government. You liberals will never get that stain off your party no matter how many people you accuse of being one

snip:
What Does an Exalted Cyclops Do?
He reports to the Dragon and coordinates the Centaurs.
By Brian Palmer

The late Sen. Robert C. Byrd

Robert Byrd, the longest-serving senator in U.S. history, died Monday at 92. While he was most famous as a master of the Senate's obscure rules, Byrd wore many hats during his lifetime, including that of Exalted Cyclops in the Ku Klux Klan. What are the job responsibilities of an Exalted Cyclops?

all of it
Robert Byrd was an Exalted Cyclops in the Ku Klux Klan. What does that mean

It's people like you with all the hate.

timthumb.php
It's a 'fixed" pole....
RTX5DUD.jpg

Is this not an issue for the citizens of that state? It IS their right yes?

Put it up for a referendum and if the people decide yes, then go for it. Until then, I suggest taking it down.

Here's someone else that likes the flag. Which on his personal car is his right, in my opinion.

CHyqFI7WIAA7kpI.jpg

Forum List

Back